Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 HD Crowdsourced Order Tracking & Waiting Room

Edlee

Reaction score
Just found out that mine was in hail damage to , I sent email to Aboi at MD and he answered immediately telling me what had happened and I greatly appreciate that plus the honesty did say that they didn’t give any kind of timeframe on how long which is understandable , do wonder about what process will be used to fix problem though

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Check the 22 HD order posts, there was info on the company that repairs the damage somewhere in that forum somewhere

AR2500

Reaction score
So, it’s been a long journey, fraught with peril. Looks like we are close now. Unloaded from rail car a week ago. I set up connected services which now shows that she is AT THE DEALER!

Attachments

• IMG_8482.jpeg
    IMG_8482.jpeg
    152.3 KB · Views: 38

Eli77657

Reaction score
So, it’s been a long journey, fraught with peril. Looks like we are close now. Unloaded from rail car a week ago. I set up connected services which now shows that she is AT THE DEALER!

How did you setup connected services it’s still not letting me do that

AR2500

Reaction score
About how long did it take from when it was added to the app till you got the location
Well there is a story there. Short version I got bad intell that it crossed the border so I activated once it was due to be at rail yard. Turns out it was still in Mexico at the time. As a result it was 5 and a half weeks. Did not show up while on enclosed rail car. Also did not show during the week it was at the rail yard (although I know it did for at least one other who mentioned it on this forum). Patience, grasshopper. Don’t be too fast on the trigger like me. Wait until it is at your rail yard.

Eli77657

Reaction score
Well there is a story there. Short version I got bad intell that it crossed the border so I activated once it was due to be at rail yard. Turns out it was still in Mexico at the time. As a result it was 5 and a half weeks. Did not show up while on enclosed rail car. Also did not show during the week it was at the rail yard (although I know it did for at least one other who mentioned it on this forum). Patience, grasshopper. Don’t be too fast on the trigger like me. Wait until it is at your rail yard.

I’m at final rail yard already waiting for truck to dealer

AR2500

Reaction score
About how long did it take from when it was added to the app till you got the location
Well there is a story there. Short version I got bad intell that it crossed the border so I activated once it was due to be at rail yard. Turns out it was still in Mexico.
I’m at final rail yard already waiting for truck to dealer
Release the hounds!

Eli77657

Reaction score
Well there is a story there. Short version I got bad intell that it crossed the border so I activated once it was due to be at rail yard. Turns out it was still in Mexico.

Release the hounds!

Ooops I’m sitting there and not moving this is dumb it’s an hour half or so from dealer and 40 minutes from me sooo it’s kinda annoying but I can’t do anything might drive bye if I’m in that area see if I see it :)

AR2500

Reaction score
Ooops I’m sitting there and not moving this is dumb it’s an hour half or so from dealer and 40 minutes from me sooo it’s kinda annoying but I can’t do anything might drive bye if I’m in that area see if I see it :)
Do what ya gotta do. I’m watching mine move around the dealer lot waiting for the call.

OutWest

Reaction score
My estimated arrival date was 27 April it just went TBD. Tracker states built and TBD for shipped. Build completed early March.
Either it is close or it is in the Mexican sun waiting for a ride.
Hoping I am not victim to hail damage.

Alligator John

Reaction score
My estimated arrival date was 27 April it just went TBD. Tracker states built and TBD for shipped. Build completed early March.
Mine was build in Feb and had an estimated delivery date of April 7 then changed to TBD the next day. I'm not getting my hopes up that it moves anytime soon.

Edlee

Reaction score
Hopefully you missed the hail mine was built in end march and shipped April 11 with an original EAD of May 10 but was unfortunately in middle of hail storm and currently waiting to see which way it goes in couple weeks, all well if it starts heading towards MD due to minimal damage but if goes back towards plant for serious work from damage if they don’t do build over I’m going to re order , to hard spend that kind of money on truck that’s been took apart put back together Due to serious damage and hasn’t even been titled yet

Scherm

Reaction score
Hopefully you missed the hail mine was built in end march and shipped April 11 with an original EAD of May 10 but was unfortunately in middle of hail storm and currently waiting to see which way it goes in couple weeks, all well if it starts heading towards MD due to minimal damage but if goes back towards plant for serious work from damage if they don’t do build over I’m going to re order , to hard spend that kind of money on truck that’s been took apart put back together Due to serious damage and hasn’t even been titled yet
I haven't been able to find out when that hail storm happened. By the posts, I can assume sometime around the end of March or first week in April. Do you know when the storm hit?

Edlee

Reaction score
I haven't been able to find out when that hail storm happened. By the posts, I can assume sometime around the end of March or first week in April. Do you know when the storm hit?
I’m not 100% sure but from looking through web and some shipping dates it looks like it may have happened somewhere around April 17-19 , I’m just guessing this where I had shipped on 11th and the hold date was for April 24th at 12am , I hope it’s not bad Anthony from MD called yesterday and said to give it couple weeks and see where things are moving they are basically in same boat they only tell them it happened but won’t disclose whether it was minor or major when where or how they are fixing it , I’d hate to be them right now it’s totally out of their hands and ya know their phones are ringing off hook everybody wanting to know what’s going on , just bad situation all around but I’m sure all our trucks will be made right and shipped to us as soon as they can :)

Top Jimi

Reaction score
My truck built 3/25. Hasn't moved in almost 5 weeks. Just asked my dealer about the possible hail. His response-
"They haven't sent us anything official stating that happened, but I'm afraid it might have. Based on what I'm able to view on your order sheet, it is showing that 'informal hold - hail damage' took place on 4/12. If I had to guess, they may have needed to repaint or replace a part, causing the longer than normal wait for you. Checking if I can get any additional info for you from RAM on this."

Users who are viewing this thread