Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 HD Crowdsourced Order Tracking & Waiting Room

wjburnell

Reaction score
Hi all...new to this thread and new to placing a custom order. Very happy I stumbled upon this thread/forum. Unfortunately, all I've heard from my dealer is that it may take 5 - 8 months for me to receive my order. With that, as I said, I'm very happy to know about this site, which has taught me about the ram tracking site - which, yes, I check multiple times a day. And I've been following this thread for a few days now - also, some really good information. Thank you all for sharing what you know, it helps with the wait!!!

BSN81

Reaction score
Hi all...new to this thread and new to placing a custom order. Very happy I stumbled upon this thread/forum. Unfortunately, all I've heard from my dealer is that it may take 5 - 8 months for me to receive my order. With that, as I said, I'm very happy to know about this site, which has taught me about the ram tracking site - which, yes, I check multiple times a day. And I've been following this thread for a few days now - also, some really good information. Thank you all for sharing what you know, it helps with the wait!!!
Welcome to the group! Buckle your seat belt, relax, grab some popcorn and a drink. Maybe a charger for your phone. It's a wild ride. Haha

Side note, you can add a signature to your profile, like what you ordered. It'll let everyone know what you ordered.

wjburnell

Reaction score
Welcome to the group! Buckle your seat belt, relax, grab some popcorn and a drink. Maybe a charger for your phone. It's a wild ride. Haha

Side note, you can add a signature to your profile, like what you ordered. It'll let everyone know what you ordered.
Cool, I didn't know you could do that - maybe it's because of my first time on a forum, maybe it's my age.

605Judo

Reaction score
Well, I was fortunate to only have to wait 69 days from order to pick up today. This is a pretty basic Tradesman. I feel for the guys that have been waiting. I mentioned hearing of delays with the upper trim models to the sales mgr and he confirmed that he is hearing/experiencing the same.

I threw the wheels on when I got home, and have probably a full day of work with upgrades ahead of me.

Good luck with your orders fellas. Hopefully Stellantis will hit their stride and start cranking them out.
I think we ordered on the same day, same truck. I'm still sitting in C staus. Congrats on the new pickup!

pr3dict

Reaction score
Dealer sent me a new build sheet with my order updated to remove the tow-mode camera, and fix the rambox delete issue (that's also been added now). https://visualping.io notified me same day, which is exciting!

Still no VIN on the tracker but we'll see what happens in the next month if this moves to D1 as we get closer to supply chain hold date.

Also my 2024 GMC Denali ultimate's order was placed and that has been accepted. With the discount that thing should come in ~$6000 less expensive then the RAM. Production apparently starts at the end of Feb so we'll see which truck gets delivered first. Also in terms of customer service. When I placed the GMC order all I said was Sierra HD, I forgot to mention a 3500 vs 2500. They originally put the order in for a 2500 but after explaining that I actually needed a 3500 they fixed it within a day. It took 4 months for RAM to fix the issue even after I asked them multiple times lol.

1674666537910.png

Last edited:

Drew M

Reaction score
Just got the email from Grainger that my truck has arrived.
Cool, and congratulations! I'm about 10-14 days behind you. My EDD was moved up, then pushed back to the original EDD. I'm still in the original and updated EDD (1/25-2/16) quoted by Granger. Like others have said, I'm sure the changes are due to volume and availability of transports and drivers. My last verified location was Argentine yards in KC. The drive to Granger is about 4 hours, so close yet so far.

Last edited:

Malfunkshun'd

Reaction score
Yes. The bed liner is not installed in the same building that the truck is assembled - it goes to a third party vendor to have certain accessories installed.

My Truck has just Shipped to Storage (like one other member above).

Does it mean that the accessories have been fitted? or that it has to go to the body-shop to fit them?

I looked at the built status codes, and JS is under JB (body Shop), assuming the timeline is in chronological order ofc.

Built:
I – unit built, pending final inspection. Your vehicle goes through a battery of shakedown tests and measurements are taken to ensure the vehicle looks and performs as expected.
J – Vehicle passed final inspection but not released to carrier
Get your Build Sheet here: https://fcacommunity.force.com/RAM/s/equipment-listing
(Build sheet input is CASE SENSITIVE)
JB – shipped to body vendor. JB/KZP-The vehicle is sent off site to have a spray liner put in, steps, etc.

JE – shipped to emissions
JJ – consigned to body vendor
JS – shipped to storage
KZ – released by plant and invoiced. The truck is ready to be shipped. The dealer is actually charged for the truck. As you all know, this can be a source of delay. Typically you see two statuses here: Awaiting Shipment and "Staged for Shipment".

Thanks!

Kauffmj1

Reaction score
After sitting in Confirmed status for over four months, my truck has finally been moved to scheduled!!! Now to hope for a quick build. Although it looks like some people have been stuck at D1 for a while.

So naturally the first thing I did was run the numbers from the spreadsheet to get an idea of what the future may hold for my truck. These number are a little skewed because I only counted trucks that have moved onto the next status. (For example, there are several trucks that have been scheduled for over 60 days and aren't in production yet. Those weren't counted because I don't know how long they'll take yet.) So the below numbers aren't 100% accurate, but still give a general idea of how long things are taking.

Days from...AverageMinimumMaximum
scheduled to production (D1 to E)28.51258
scheduled to built (D1 to KZ)331384
scheduled to shipped (D1 to KZM)40.31366

By far the leader here is jim9812. Went from D1 to KZM in only 13 days!
I'm sadly sitting at or near the maximum for moving from D1 scheduled on 11/21 to still TBD now 2 months later. That's one prize I don't want to win! Haha. Crazy how some moved from D1 to E in less than 2 weeks. This past weekend made 4 months from order time and 2 months from D1 scheduled time for me. At this point, I can only imagine its the hydro blue color killing me. I haven't see any other hydro blue orders that have spoken up about being moved to E status yet. Plenty of other Powerwagons have. Any mine is only a Level 1 trim. Not like its fully optioned. My dealer has a hydro blue Rebel on order and they haven't had any movement on it either.

Although to others point, it is allowing me to squirrel away a larger down payment. That at least takes some bite out of the AWFUL interest rates right now. I think the last time I bought a car 5 years ago, I was paying something like 2.49% for 60mos!!

pacnw1963

Reaction score
Dealer just emailed me to let me know I have been scheduled for production on 2/2! Hopefully not like last year where that date changed twice. Things are moving along... :)

Kauffmj1

Reaction score
Dealer just emailed me to let me know I have been scheduled for production on 2/2! Hopefully not like last year where that date changed twice. Things are moving along... :)
Nice! Fingers crossed it moves through quickly and you get to enjoy this one for more than 6 months!

phatboy64

Reaction score
Dealer sent me a new build sheet with my order updated to remove the tow-mode camera, and fix the rambox delete issue (that's also been added now). https://visualping.io notified me same day, which is exciting!

Still no VIN on the tracker but we'll see what happens in the next month if this moves to D1 as we get closer to supply chain hold date.

Also my 2024 GMC Denali ultimate's order was placed and that has been accepted. With the discount that thing should come in ~$6000 less expensive then the RAM. Production apparently starts at the end of Feb so we'll see which truck gets delivered first. Also in terms of customer service. When I placed the GMC order all I said was Sierra HD, I forgot to mention a 3500 vs 2500. They originally put the order in for a 2500 but after explaining that I actually needed a 3500 they fixed it within a day. It took 4 months for RAM to fix the issue even after I asked them multiple times lol.

View attachment 50672
I am working with my local GMC dealer to place an order, they said that the super cruise control wasn't available but I don't think he knew for sure. If you don't mind can you send me your build sheet?

Ramfan2022

Reaction score
After sitting in Confirmed status for over four months, my truck has finally been moved to scheduled!!! Now to hope for a quick build. Although it looks like some people have been stuck at D1 for a while.

So naturally the first thing I did was run the numbers from the spreadsheet to get an idea of what the future may hold for my truck. These number are a little skewed because I only counted trucks that have moved onto the next status. (For example, there are several trucks that have been scheduled for over 60 days and aren't in production yet. Those weren't counted because I don't know how long they'll take yet.) So the below numbers aren't 100% accurate, but still give a general idea of how long things are taking.

Days from...AverageMinimumMaximum
scheduled to production (D1 to E)28.51258
scheduled to built (D1 to KZ)331384
scheduled to shipped (D1 to KZM)40.31366

By far the leader here is jim9812. Went from D1 to KZM in only 13 days!
My order is going on 4 months from scheduled to shipped. Built but still not shipped yet.

Users who are viewing this thread