Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 HD Crowdsourced Order Tracking & Waiting Room

JBoo2911

Reaction score
Is that an 84” CA?

Looks great!

Who did you purchase from and did you get a discount off MSRP

Yea, it’s 84” cab to axle. Thanks! Bought from Acadiana Dodge in Lafayette, Louisiana. I was price locked in @ $67,000 when I ordered it. MSRP was $72,060 on the Window Sticker. Then I got $1000 rebate also.

Drew M

Reaction score
Yea, it’s 84” cab to axle. Thanks! Bought from Acadiana Dodge in Lafayette, Louisiana. I was price locked in @ $67,000 when I ordered it. MSRP was $72,060 on the Window Sticker. Then I got $1000 rebate also.
What kind of rebate did you receive?

Dyoung82010

Reaction score
Ram sends the update between 3:00-3:10pm est
But the ram tracker updates hours before then so I always got used to just checking it in the morning and then at noon and then at 2pm and I’d usually catch the tracker update before the email ever gets sent

I concur, got my update today via email at 3:12pm EST and got a text at 3:31pm. It’s going to be built, Yippee!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kauffmj1

Reaction score
I refresh every 10 minutes and mine is still stuck in the Mexico for a month, haha.
Alas, just more salt in the wound. I tried checking a few times today and still nothing but a stubborn D1 status with an 11/21 date under it. At this point I'd gladly be stuck on the train with the truck at least built! Dying to see some pics when you guys start getting yours.

Jimmer22

Reaction score
My truck has just about made it halfway home. Currently in Kansas City. Once I get my truck I’ll make sure to post pictures and any specific pictures people want to see on it like mirrors or anything special.

I’ve been dying to see as many night edition pictures as possible until mine comes in.

Kauffmj1

Reaction score
I
My truck has just about made it halfway home. Currently in Kansas City. Once I get my truck I’ll make sure to post pictures and any specific pictures people want to see on it like mirrors or anything special.

I’ve been dying to see as many night edition pictures as possible until mine comes in.
I'm super curious about the LCD dash. That was one 2023 update I wasn't too keen on. I liked the old gauges better. But, maybe it will look better in person.

Jimmer22

Reaction score
I

I'm super curious about the LCD dash. That was one 2023 update I wasn't too keen on. I liked the old gauges better. But, maybe it will look better in person.
I’m right there with you I hate to many electronics I have regular cluster and I also opt’d for the 8.4 nav entertainment center instead of the 12 I like the dials and stuff I don’t like having everything super computerized.
I plan on keeping this new truck till the wheels fall off so I didn’t want to many electronics unless it was something I really wanted

jim9812

Reaction score
Wow, now shows it shipped same day, guess they drove straight off the assembly line onto the train

Screen Shot 2023-01-22 at 2.24.28 PM.png

23 days from ordered to shipped, is that a new record? I feel bad that mine is so fast, this is certainly a bizarre scheduling / shipping process they have going on here!

Shocktrooper392

Reaction score
I

I’m right there with you I hate to many electronics I have regular cluster and I also opt’d for the 8.4 nav entertainment center instead of the 12 I like the dials and stuff I don’t like having everything super computerized.
I plan on keeping this new truck till the wheels fall off so I didn’t want to many electronics unless it was something I really wanted
Same here, I'm pretty leery on the new instrument cluster. When I ordered I thought it was an option for higher trims, I didn't know it was standard on PW's. I want to keep my truck for a long time and I pray that way down the road there will still be parts available / aftermarket solutions if I have an issue.

Jimmer22

Reaction score
Wow, now shows it shipped same day, guess they drove straight off the assembly line onto the train

View attachment 50548

23 days from ordered to shipped, is that a new record? I feel bad that mine is so fast, this is certainly a bizarre scheduling / shipping process they have going on here!
Could be because of your options or model you ordered could’ve been one of the “simpler” ones in their books of building

Jimmer22

Reaction score
Same here, I'm pretty leery on the new instrument cluster. When I ordered I thought it was an option for higher trims, I didn't know it was standard on PW's. I want to keep my truck for a long time and I pray that way down the road there will still be parts available / aftermarket solutions if I have an issue.
I’m just scared of the what if the cluster loses power. You have no control over anything can’t check any temps no rpm no mph can’t even see how much fuel you got in the truck. I’d rather take my chances of a old school gauge going out cause at least the others should still work

jsalbre

Reaction score
I’m just scared of the what if the cluster loses power. You have no control over anything can’t check any temps no rpm no mph can’t even see how much fuel you got in the truck. I’d rather take my chances of a old school gauge going out cause at least the others should still work
There’s way more to fail on the “old school” cluster than on the new one.

The new one is a single screen. The old one is a screen and 4 servos with needles attached to them. Those 4 servos are far more likely to fault than a screen. It’s not like old cable controlled mechanical gauges. If you lose power to the cluster it’s all dead either way.

Jimmer22

Reaction score
There’s way more to fail on the “old school” cluster than on the new one.

The new one is a single screen. The old one is a screen and 4 servos with needles attached to them. Those 4 servos are far more likely to fault than a screen. It’s not like old cable controlled mechanical gauges. If you lose power to the cluster it’s all dead either way.
No I get you but with me I’m just not a fan of the full digital. I just feel like there’s more chances of things to go wrong. I get that the older cluster can still go full out of wack too but I just prefer it.

Plus I get what you mean by there’s more things to go wrong on the old one compared to new but it only takes one thing to go wrong with the new and it has pretty good chances that if something does go wrong it takes the whole thing down. With the older style it one servo goes out the other would stay working.

Just like everything it comes down to personal preference and I’m just not fond of having a full tech’d out truck to the max.

cjh1669

Reaction score
The gauges are electronic too. Ev
the gauges are still computer controlled and not analog. They can go out the same as the digital ones. There’s really not a big difference

Users who are viewing this thread