Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 HD Crowdsourced Order Tracking & Waiting Room

jhdram4

Reaction score
Well, here we go again, lol. I tracked my 2022 until it was delivered in December 2021. My poor truck was stolen in Houston last Friday (21901 miles) so I got my order in Tuesday. Hoping my wait isn't 6 months again!
Do you know how it was stolen? Was it one of those keyfob repeater thefts or something else?

Smalltown

Reaction score
Houston:mad: Getting worse and worse. Sounds like your insurance company was super fast to get you taken care of. What did you do differently on this order from the last?
Still working with insurance. I did the same truck but went patriot blue instead of black like the last one and long bed with a 50-gallon tank. 3500 Limited SRW night edition with HO engine and self-leveling rear end.

Scherm

Reaction score
My spare tire was stolen in Houston. They cut the wires. I didn't find out until I asked my son to check the pressure before an RV pull. He responded...what spare tire? I thought he was being stupid...guess I'm the stupid one. I don't have my new truck yet, but I bought an anti-theft lock for the pin that lowers the spare.
Do you know how it was stolen? Was it one of those keyfob repeater thefts or something else?
Well, here we go again, lol. I tracked my 2022 until it was delivered in December 2021. My poor truck was stolen in Houston last Friday (21901 miles) so I got my order in Tuesday. Hoping my wait isn't 6 months again!
My

Alligator John

Reaction score
Houston had over 17,000 stolen last year. Dallas where I live, 13,000. Ram trucks are in the top 5 most stolen. Everyone I know here either has or knows a close friend or family member who has had a vehicle stolen.

Scherm

Reaction score
Houston had over 17,000 stolen last year. Dallas where I live, 13,000. Ram trucks are in the top 5 most stolen. Everyone I know here either has or knows a close friend or family member who has had a vehicle stolen.
Are there add-ons to a truck to prevent it?

Scherm

Reaction score
Hidden kill switch, steering wheel "club", faraday pouch. Because of where I live, I will install a hidden kill switch of some sort at the same time I wire in my lights.
Good ideas. I have to use the fob to enter and start the truck. How does the faraday pouch prevent the signal from being captured?

Reaction score
Using a faraday pouch means you lose the convenience of "keyless" though because you will have to fiddle with the key each time you start and stop driving instead of just leave it on your pocket, right?
Still beats having no truck to drive anymore I guess.

Scherm

Reaction score
I googled and watched a few faraday videos. My current truck is a 2003. What size pouch do I need for the 2023 fobs?

Alligator John

Reaction score
No idea. Like most reading this thread I don't have my truck yet. Maybe start a new preventing truck theft related thread outside of this order tracking one to draw out replies for what others have done.

Last edited:

Scherm

Reaction score
No idea. Like most reading this thread I don't have my truck yet. Maybe start a new preventing truck theft related thread outside of this order tracking one to draw out replies for what others have done.
Good idea. I searched and can't find a thread, so I created one.

Eli77657

Reaction score
Soo question for the people my railcar says ban order from mainframe leaving Illinois and back from maintenance for the past week anyone know what that mean?

Pitboss44

Reaction score
Soo question for the people my railcar says ban order from mainframe leaving Illinois and back from maintenance for the past week anyone know what that mean?
Bad order means there’s something mechanically wrong with the railcar.

truckin-on

Reaction score
@brv10 - if possible, could you look-up the rail car for my truck? The dealer says he doesn't know how to do that :-(

ORDER #: 57487847
VIN: 3C63R3RL2PG525964

Ordered 11/1, shipped 4/11.

Thanks!!!

Users who are viewing this thread