Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 HD Crowdsourced Order Tracking & Waiting Room

Drew M

Reaction score
I have a little over 12,500 on my '23 Hemi, and I've been changing my oil and filter 5-7,500 miles. I asked my Service Advisor and he said he and the mechanics know RAM is saying 10,000 +, but they aren't comfortable with that # yet. I had received a 4 change package with my new truck, so I've got 2 more free changes. I hit 20% on the oil monitor about 6,000 mi. I'm still trying to figure out everything...

Big M

Reaction score
Since picking up my 3500 in mid-August, I've clocked just over 30,000 miles, most of them towing. Other that the first oil change at 5K, I generally will go 7500-9000 intervals. The truck is a dream to tow with, and has been 100 percent trouble free.

Scherm

Reaction score
Since picking up my 3500 in mid-August, I've clocked just over 30,000 miles, most of them towing. Other that the first oil change at 5K, I generally will go 7500-9000 intervals. The truck is a dream to tow with, and has been 100 percent trouble free.
That's amazing! Is it business or recreational towing?

Big M

Reaction score
It's mainly for business, I have a vintage car wrecking yard, and I haul cars I have sold to other parts of the country, which allows me to pick up new inventory as well. I have a variety of trailers, but generally use the Kauffman 35 foot gooseneck, as it will handle two '50's cars as well as extra parts. I did have one pleasure trip. a customer in Australia wanted to fly over to do a route 66 trip, so we drove to Santa Monica, then all the way to downtown Chicago, while seeing the countryside.

Reaction score
@brv10 I am on my happy 5th month with my RAM. The dealer called me to change my oil. I am at 5,500 miles. The RAM maintenance schedule says 15k. Then there's the old life meter. Oil is cheaper than replacing parts, but I don't want to overspend. I put the question out to an RV forum and they centered around 5 to 7.5k. What do you do?

Looks really nice the 2 tone interior.

I do all my cars every 5k. You can go a year with the diesel no issue also, per manual. so 5k/12mths on my 2500.

Its not like with the hellcat motors its a 6mth mandatory, no matter of mileage, which i believe is concerned about degradation of oil due to the high perf engine and forced induction.

Users who are viewing this thread