Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Ford Superduty

rossagge

Reaction score
Damn. I was still holding out hope that they’d release the Hemi for orders eventually, but with it now missing from the order guides I guess that ship has sailed. Fingers crossed the Rebel comes out next month with the right option availability or I guess I’m stuck looking at Fords.
Here you go...

tchur1

Reaction score
Ya that HO Powerstroke is going to be an absolute hog. I love the look of that new Limited interior as well.

Is there any chance Ram makes changes to the HO cummins to match what ford just rolled out? An unexpected piece of the announcement coming in a few weeks for the new 2023s?

rossagge

Reaction score
Yep...still like the Ram though. We'll see what the announcement in Oct will be for Ram...

jsalbre

Reaction score
Well, it certainly looks better than the outgoing superduty, but it’s still a bit plasticky inside.

I’m curious to see the new numbers for the 7.3 and the numbers for the new 6.8.

Chriss626

Reaction score
Ram always counter so I expect Ram to retake highest tq and towing on 2024 models. GM can’t compete so they don’t even bother lol

Nick

Reaction score
Still a V 8 ! That Turbo location looks real simple to access as soon as you take off the cab !

UglyViking

Reaction score
I think they did a great job on their interior redesign. The seats on the higher trims look like la-z-boys, the screen has a good layout (I'm willing to bet you can use the entire thing for android-auto/carplay), they managed the insanely complex task of keeping hvac controls while having a large screen (Ram, pay attention here, not everything needs to be controlled from an ipad), overall looks like they upped their game.

I'm not a fan of the grille into the headlights vibe. It ruins the front end to me. Maybe it will grow on me, who knows, but I'm just not a fan and I think it's gonna make the aftermarket grille/light game complicated (unless the aftermarket says screw it, and requires grille replacement with headlights).

The bed steps on the side are probably hugely useful, but I can't say I'm a huge fan from the looks department. The rear bumper steps are much better integrated.

I wonder what the difference between the HO and standard PS is in terms of mechanical difference. Frankly, I think Ford is going the wrong way here. They now have 4 engine options, and frankly they aren't all that different. That 6.8 is a slight baby to the 7.3, but only loses 25 hp and 40ft-lbs? You can prob tune that difference and save thousands. The Diesel difference is even smaller. I know that you can easily tune for HP numbers well above that, so what is the difference?

Whats even crazier, the starting price of the Ford is now 1k less than the Ram (and thats comparing to the 2022 Ram, the 2023 will allegedly be even more expensive!). You can have a built in the USA truck for less than one shipped from Mexico now, which seems kind of crazy since that has always been one of Rams selling points.

Finally, the absolute worst part is that the 2023 Ram builder isn't even out yet, so I can't explore the new features and build another truck online for the fun of it yet.

aaronedmonton

Reaction score
That 6.8 with 10 speed is probably going to rip. Although I’ve seen a few issues with the 10 speed so far. Time shall tell.

JohnandDonna

Reaction score
Ram always counter so I expect Ram to retake highest tq and towing on 2024 models. GM can’t compete so they don’t even bother lol
Actually, much as I hate to say, Ram seems to be resting on its laurels. The HD's should have had a true 5th gen cab by now(even tho I do love my MegaCab). The real problem is Stellantis prime focus is now on BEV's (niche product). I don't think they know what to do regarding HD trucks. They will probably start by putting in that Hurricane turbo straight 6 to replace the 6.4 Hemi V8. I understand that Cummins is working on a hydrogen powered straight 6 (good alternative to gas and diesel). However Ford is not standing still. They continue to invest in gas and diesel and their interiors are finally starting to look a bit better. Ram just keeps doing cosmetic changes and calls them special editions. Then they keep increasing the prices. Sad! Heck, they don't even update the RAM website on a timely basis. Last I checked, you can no longer order a 2022. How about putting the 2023 on the website and configurator??? Poor way to run a business.

Last edited:

jsalbre

Reaction score
Actually, much as I hate to say, Ram seems to be resting on its laurels. The HD's should have had a true 5th gen cab by now(even tho I do love my MegaCab). The real problem is Stellantis prime focus is now on BEV's (niche product). I don't think they know what to do regarding HD trucks. They will probably start by putting in that Hurricane turbo straight 6 to replace the 6.4 Hemi V8. I understand that Cummins is working on a hydrogen powered straight 6 (good alternative to gas and diesel). However Ford is not standing still. They continue to invest in gas and diesel and their interiors are finally starting to look a bit better. Ram just keeps doing cosmetic changes and calls them special editions. Then they keep increasing the prices. Sad! Heck, they don't even update the RAM website on a timely basis. Last I checked, you can no longer order a 2022. How about putting the 2023 on the website and configurator??? Poor way to run a business.
The really bizzare thing is they put the 2023 Chassis Cab site up already, but nothing for the pickups.

jenninr

Reaction score
Honestly if I could find a Ford dealer that would do discounts similar to what Mark Dodge does for Ram I would be seriously considering a Ford even though the wait would likely be longer. Ford's allocation system makes it hard to even find a dealer that has a slot to order a truck much less one that will give a decent discount off MSRP.

DougB

Reaction score
Honestly if I could find a Ford dealer that would do discounts similar to what Mark Dodge does for Ram I would be seriously considering a Ford even though the wait would likely be longer. Ford's allocation system makes it hard to even find a dealer that has a slot to order a truck much less one that will give a decent discount off MSRP.
If you haven’t already done so, check with Zach at ford@grangermotors.com in Iowa.

Edit: Looks like they’re already over their total order allocation for 2023 and have a wait list! What a crazy system Ford has.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread