Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 3500 SRW running board question

Teamnph

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Just purchased a new 2023 3500 Laramie with 8ft bed and upgraded 50-gallon fuel tank. I want to add wheel-to-wheel running board to the truck, but every manufacturer is saying it can't be done due the the upgraded fuel tank. Does anyone have any recommendations on what will work or what they have done to make them work? Thank you in advance for all your help.

2023 ram.jpg

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
I went thru this on my 2022 and ended up with cab length boards.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Does that also mean you can't use the swing out step ups types as well ?

I tried the Amp side step on my truck, but as many said on here it’s placement is ridiculous so I returned it.

Still haven’t found a good option aside from the OEM steps, but I haven’t found those in black yet. Even then the OEM wheel to wheel aren’t as long as the OEM wheel to wheel were for my 2018.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
I have factory wheel to wheels steps on my 21 3500 with a 50 gal tank. I don’t know what the issue would be with them they mount the the cab like the cab length. There are not any mounts past the cab.

The factory steps are the only ones I’ve seen that work. They are hard to come by in chrome, even hard in black.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Does that also mean you can't use the swing out step ups types as well ?

I have the AMP side step on my CCLB with 50gal tank. Like AH64ID said, location is useless especially with a crossover box.

One of these days I will get that sucker moved to in front of the rear wheel like the doolies. I have a welder now to fabricate a suitable bracket and just need to strategically place a few rivnuts.

Teamnph

Reaction score
Thank you all for the information. I may have to look into the OEM or see if I can fabricate something that will work with the Westin r5 m series. If anyone else has other ideas let me know. If I figure something out, I will keep everyone posted.

Users who are viewing this thread