Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram Jenny Craig diet parts.

Trash Panda

Reaction score
After dealing with repeated frequent regens with no possible solution in sight, I’ve began going down the rabbit hole of a weight loss program on my 2022 Ram 2500. My state government couldn’t be bothered to care about this issue, and I do not see any sort of testing issues here soon (Wyoming).

I have had good luck so far with the search, but I had a few questions in relation to the hard parts available for this.

Has anyone ran EGR/DPF kits from Spelab for their diets? Exhaust parts are stainless, and the EGR kits look decent as well. Their prices just seem so cheap, that it seems too good to be true.

I’d also be open to hearing any and all suggestions on other vendors for solutions here. Thanks in advance for any and all answers!

-TP

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
After dealing with repeated frequent regens with no possible solution in sight, I’ve began going down the rabbit hole of a weight loss program on my 2022 Ram 2500. My state government couldn’t be bothered to care about this issue, and I do not see any sort of testing issues here soon (Wyoming).

I have had good luck so far with the search, but I had a few questions in relation to the hard parts available for this.

Has anyone ran EGR/DPF kits from Spelab for their diets? Exhaust parts are stainless, and the EGR kits look decent as well. Their prices just seem so cheap, that it seems too good to be true.

I’d also be open to hearing any and all suggestions on other vendors for solutions here. Thanks in advance for any and all answers!

-TP
For what its worth on these systems you do not need ti remove any EGR hard parts and there is really no reason to remove them just unplug the throttle valve, egr valve and protect the plugs from corrosion. The DEF tank can stay in place just pump it out and throw some distilled water in the tank.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score

-TP

I would do your best to verify that your frequent regen issues will be solved by going on a diet. It would really suck to spend all that money only to find you have a injector or other issue that is now likely to not be covered under warranty.

Trash Panda

Reaction score
I would do your best to verify that your frequent regen issues will be solved by going on a diet. It would really suck to spend all that money only to find you have a injector or other issue that is now likely to not be covered under warranty.
Truck is no longer under warranty, so I won’t be taking it back to the dealer for anything as it stands anyways. I also refuse to dump money into a known problematic system at the cost of thousands of dollars. I guess I just don’t see the point in keeping the stuff on? Put it on a diet and never worry about a regen again.

FWIW, I do plan on keeping all the hard parts in my storage, so that I could put it back to stock if the time came to sell/trade/move on.

Just looking for any possible feedback guys have on hard parts for a diet before I go ordering them.

Trash Panda

Reaction score
For what its worth on these systems you do not need ti remove any EGR hard parts and there is really no reason to remove them just unplug the throttle valve, egr valve and protect the plugs from corrosion. The DEF tank can stay in place just pump it out and throw some distilled water in the tank.
I have seen that guys have done that, but for how cheap the blocker plates for the EGR are, I’d much rather just get the damn thing off the truck.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Truck is no longer under warranty, so I won’t be taking it back to the dealer for anything as it stands anyways. I also refuse to dump money into a known problematic system at the cost of thousands of dollars. I guess I just don’t see the point in keeping the stuff on? Put it on a diet and never worry about a regen again.

FWIW, I do plan on keeping all the hard parts in my storage, so that I could put it back to stock if the time came to sell/trade/move on.

Just looking for any possible feedback guys have on hard parts for a diet before I go ordering them.

If you're past your powertrain warranty then go for it. I too would pull it all and block it off.

Out of curiosity what are your frequent regen issues? Are you making a lot of oil?

Trash Panda

Reaction score
If you're past your powertrain warranty then go for it. I too would pull it all and block it off.

Out of curiosity what are your frequent regen issues? Are you making a lot of oil?
Luckily, it does not seem to be making much (if any) oil, but it goes into active regen far more than my buddies 2019, by a factor of two or three.

He lives in town, never hits the interstate hardly, and also is a general ****bag when it comes to maintenance.

I have 15ish miles of state Highway (70mph speeds) to get from my house to town, followed by another 5ish miles of interstate driving (80ish speeds), and the truck gets every opportunity to passive regen. It just doesn’t seem to hardly ever do it.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Luckily, it does not seem to be making much (if any) oil, but it goes into active regen far more than my buddies 2019, by a factor of two or three.

He lives in town, never hits the interstate hardly, and also is a general ****bag when it comes to maintenance.

I have 15ish miles of state Highway (70mph speeds) to get from my house to town, followed by another 5ish miles of interstate driving (80ish speeds), and the truck gets every opportunity to passive regen. It just doesn’t seem to hardly ever do it.
Does you air filter have a black rubber or Orange?

Riddick

Reaction score
Contact Al Gyman from Valley Center in Canada. He runs a shop and can get you everything you need. If you have any specific questions send me a message and I'll do my best to help out.

flan

Reaction score
Just curious, do you think it would be beneficial to make a thin (think sheet metal) blocker plate and install between manifold and egr cooler and whatever the other more forward outlet on the exhaust manifold? I was brainstorming the other day and thought if you can keep the exhaust gasses out of that non functioning system it could be beneficial.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Just curious, do you think it would be beneficial to make a thin (think sheet metal) blocker plate and install between manifold and egr cooler and whatever the other more forward outlet on the exhaust manifold? I was brainstorming the other day and thought if you can keep the exhaust gasses out of that non functioning system it could be beneficial.
Perhaps the inlet side could benefit a bit i guess but the way i see it is if the valve is closed as it should be then the exhaust will follow the path of least resistance and go through the turbo instead of the going in to the EGR cooler

Trash Panda

Reaction score
For the 200ish bucks that a decent EGR block off kit costs, I just don’t see a reason to not remove the EGR cooler & valve.

At the very least, you’re no longer passing coolant through the hottest part of the entire system, and you’re also removing a gigantic heatsink from the engine bay.

Cleans things up, is easy to do, it’s relatively cheap, and has little to no downside. I don’t see a reason to keep it, tbh.

flan

Reaction score
For the 200ish bucks that a decent EGR block off kit costs, I just don’t see a reason to not remove the EGR cooler & valve.

At the very least, you’re no longer passing coolant through the hottest part of the entire system, and you’re also removing a gigantic heatsink from the engine bay.

Cleans things up, is easy to do, it’s relatively cheap, and has little to no downside. I don’t see a reason to keep it, tbh.
I was thinking in terms of stealthiness, for those in emission states.

Users who are viewing this thread