Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD order - Tonneau cover questions

Combra6589

Reaction score
Idk if this is the correct forum . But to the guys that ordered ram box do you have any suggestions for a good hard tonneau cover? Want to order mine b4 my delivery of 10/20

DeepH20Driller

Reaction score
Idk if this is the correct forum . But to the guys that ordered ram box do you have any suggestions for a good hard tonneau cover? Want to order mine b4 my delivery of 10/20

I’m on my 2nd BakFlip MX4 and they are great quality. I currently don’t have RamBoxes but the one I have on order does have RamBox. I will be ordering another. I’ve used TonneauCovered.com for both. Listed for $950, I offered $799 and they took it on both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Combra6589

Reaction score
I’m on my 2nd BakFlip MX4 and they are great quality. I currently don’t have RamBoxes but the one I have on order does have RamBox. I will be ordering another. I’ve used TonneauCovered.com for both. Listed for $950, I offered $799 and they took it on both.

I was just looking at the Mx4. Looks good. I’ve wasted $2k On my retrax after multiple leaks. I wonder if the mx4 would work with a magnum rack which I may order as well. Thanks!

LimitedLonghorn

Reaction score
@Combra6589 - I second DeepH20Driller's recommendation on the Bakflip MX4 for RamBox bed. I'm planning to re-use one from previous truck. FYI, on mine at least, the alignment was never quite right near the tailgate and I've heard of others having the same issue--easily resolved with some oversized washers. Still looks new and has never leaked. Hard to ask for more.

Combra6589

Reaction score
@Combra6589 - I second DeepH20Driller's recommendation on the Bakflip MX4 for RamBox bed. I'm planning to re-use one from previous truck. FYI, on mine at least, the alignment was never quite right near the tailgate and I've heard of others having the same issue--easily resolved with some oversized washers. Still looks new and has never leaked. Hard to ask for more.
Awesome thanks. Loved the retractable tonneaus but they take up so much bed space. Looks like I’ll be ordering a mx4.

MegaStro

Reaction score
Awesome thanks. Loved the retractable tonneaus but they take up so much bed space. Looks like I’ll be ordering a mx4.
BakFlip MX4 fan here. I have used them on multiple vehicles and zero issues except for one. Cannot get them to respond to emails or customer service. With that said, if I ever get this new truck I will be going with the BakFlip MX4. BE SURE TO REGISTER IT!

LimitedLonghorn

Reaction score
In case you need it, here's a little more detail on the alignment issue with the MX4 on the Rambox. Unless they've fixed it, the supplied L-brackets are not wide enough for the latches to catch. Each side lacks a good quarter inch to fully secure. Sure you could fabricate a new bracket or wait for Bak to make good but an easier solution is to add a stainless nut behind the bracket to act as a spacer along with a fender washer or two.

Fit and finish was otherwise amazing and there's no interference with the RamBox operation. You won't regret it.

1632436666912.png

1632437289434.png

beckty85

Reaction score
Realtruck.com wasn’t that cheap (799). Hit they always hook up a discount when I go into the chat with a sales rep. My mx4 was 889

Much2fast

Reaction score
Yes! Tell them you know someone in the forum that got it for $799. That’s what I did.

I just called TonneauCovered.com ready to buy the MX4 for my 2021 with ramboxes. I was quoted like $960, which then I mentioned hdrams and others getting it for $799. The lady on the phone said that price was probably for the G2 and not the MX4, and the covers for ramboxes are more expensive ($889 for non-rambox), and I could try to call back on black Friday for possible special pricing. Needless to say I did not order it.

DeepH20Driller

Reaction score
I just called TonneauCovered.com ready to buy the MX4 for my 2021 with ramboxes. I was quoted like $960, which then I mentioned hdrams and others getting it for $799. The lady on the phone said that price was probably for the G2 and not the MX4, and the covers for ramboxes are more expensive ($889 for non-rambox), and I could try to call back on black Friday for possible special pricing. Needless to say I did not order it.

They both were MX4. I didn’t call, I emailed. Maybe call back and ask for Peter Kittle. That’s who I bought both of mine from.
08f5ee66f168d2d66b6877e375ffde02.jpg

a50626bcdce0a411fe47f54d3e923a3c.jpg

MrHankbot

Reaction score
Just ordered a Truxedo Sentry CT for the 3500 Limited with Ramboxes I ordered at Mark Dodge. Truck is supposed to unloaded from the train today, so I should have the tonneau cover just before the truck gets to the dealership.

I have the same cover on my 2019 1500 and other than having to flip it up to close the tailgate I like it a lot.

I ordered it from tonneaucoverworld.com. I got it for $899 after asking for a discount from the sale price of $999 through their online chat system.

Users who are viewing this thread