Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

pnwram3500

Reaction score
Wait wait wait - I tried those folks and they were not very far below MSRP. Mind sharing a ball-park below MSRP for your deal? Maybe they are changing it up. I had also checked out Dennis Dillon but again, barely at invoice
I call BS on "the bed liner from the factory is crap". I've had two, 2015 & 2018, both were every bit as good as the Linex liners I've had on other trucks.
Not speaking from experience, was just told by dealer they just aren’t as reliable as the after market Linex, that’s why when someone places an order through DS they advise on the Linex vs factory and through the dealership DS provides a lifetime warranty on it different from the Linex warranty. To each his own...

Cummins0867

Reaction score
Ok, folks. Need some help. This is my first Ram order. The dealer is telling me I can choose the price somewhere between MSRP and Invoice based on what profit I feel the dealer should make. The invoice is about 7% below msrp. If I’m not mistaken at invoice they already have about 3% in profit. Is this true? What are you folks seeing as pricing. I ordered a loaded Laramie just as an FYI. Thanks for any help.
Yes its called Hold Back and at the end of the year FCA gives it to the dealer. This is only for the vehicles that the dealer sold for that year and it is about 3%. I think its kind of odd that the dealer asked you, how much you think?....he should make on the sale. Do you do his bills? He knows how much he needs to make to stay in business. I have heard of some dealers giving up the hold back just to make the sale....something to do with they needed to sell a certain number of vehicles.

Lamiglas

Reaction score
In the Idaho, Washington area, Dennisn Dillon has been hard to beat. Dave Smith hasn't been even close. For this recent build,
Dave Smith offered invoice PLUS
$1500. I asked the saleman if they price match and he said, we dont havento becaise we have the best prices in the country! I said...well I have a few dealers at under invoice. He never replied. Dennis Dillons website says... they will beat any price. I submitted the quotes I received and the sales manager said they would not match it. A week later, another Dennis Dillon Rep called me based on a previous internet inquiry and I told them I was getting ready to pull the trigger somewhere else because I already heard back from them and they wouldn't match the price. She said..wait..who said that? We pride ourselves on beating anybody. Can you send me what you were offered? Ill take it to the manager and get a beat price approved. She texted back later and said...sorry to get your hopes up, mine were up to but I was just informed we are not matching prices right now.

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
In the Idaho, Washington area, Dennisn Dillon has been hard to beat. Dave Smith hasn't been even close. For this recent build,
Dave Smith offered invoice PLUS
$1500. I asked the saleman if they price match and he said, we dont havento becaise we have the best prices in the country! I said...well I have a few dealers at under invoice. He never replied. Dennis Dillons website says... they will beat any price. I submitted the quotes I received and the sales manager said they would not match it. A week later, another Dennis Dillon Rep called me based on a previous internet inquiry and I told them I was getting ready to pull the trigger somewhere else because I already heard back from them and they wouldn't match the price. She said..wait..who said that? We pride ourselves on beating anybody. Can you send me what you were offered? Ill take it to the manager and get a beat price approved. She texted back later and said...sorry to get your hopes up, mine were up to but I was just informed we are not matching prices right now.
I reached out to Dennis Dillon (and Phillip the week before he went on vacation/left Bud Clary). Dennis Dillon wanted $3,000 down and I think their email said you had to finance through them. Max they would take was $10,000 down. Not sure if that’s still their thing, just my experience.

Akcumminsaddict

Reaction score
Ok, folks. Need some help. This is my first Ram order. The dealer is telling me I can choose the price somewhere between MSRP and Invoice based on what profit I feel the dealer should make. The invoice is about 7% below msrp. If I’m not mistaken at invoice they already have about 3% in profit. Is this true? What are you folks seeing as pricing. I ordered a loaded Laramie just as an FYI. Thanks for any help.
If you scroll back through the last 15-20 pages you can see what other people are paying. 10-12% off msrp is best deal going currently. This is before rebates which are unknown at this time.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
This is the second or third time I've had to post this notice and will be the last "free' warning to dealers.

Due to complaints and until further notice, dealers need to create a new thread for their dealership if they wish to conduct business in the forums. Please don't poach deals in the Sticky Builds and Orders threads.

Dealers are required to contact site staff before conducting business via the forums!

This thread is for members to discuss their builds and orders, it is NOT for dealer business.

We do appreciate the discounts and offers, but please don't abuse this thread to poach sales!

dragon_ram

Reaction score
This is the second or third time I've had to post this notice …
Dealers are required to contact site staff before conducting…This thread is for members to discuss …

Man - bold, red, but not underlined? No way they take you seriously without underlining Brutal.

I jest I jest, and thank you for keeping it clean.

RAM_Dad

Reaction score
Not speaking from experience, was just told by dealer they just aren’t as reliable as the after market Linex, that’s why when someone places an order through DS they advise on the Linex vs factory and through the dealership DS provides a lifetime warranty on it different from the Linex warranty. To each his own...
Sure sounds like that dealer is profiting by convincing folks to buy linex through them. Shady.

Kingphillips

Banned
Reaction score
Can anyone answer for certain if Big dealships like Mark dodge get order vehicles quicker than small ram dealships?

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
While I am waiting for an answer from the PD engineer I did a little research on a local dealers incoming orders,5 Cummins trucks,all built on the same day,July 7th with different trims,3 Power Wagons,all built on July 8th starting at hour 1,midnight changeover.

gimmie11s

Reaction score
This is the second or third time I've had to post this notice and will be the last "free' warning to dealers.

Due to complaints and until further notice, dealers need to create a new thread for their dealership if they wish to conduct business in the forums. Please don't poach deals in the Sticky Builds and Orders threads.

Dealers are required to contact site staff before conducting business via the forums!

This thread is for members to discuss their builds and orders, it is NOT for dealer business.

We do appreciate the discounts and offers, but please don't abuse this thread to poach sales!

Is there a place where new members who are dealers can go to get an understanding of the rules?

I cant imagine anyone in this thread is "complaining" for dealers competing for their business? I understand the rules should be followed, but the consumer wins when dealers compete.

Kingphillips

Banned
Reaction score
Is there a place where new members who are dealers can go to get an understanding of the rules?

I cant imagine anyone in this thread is "complaining" for dealers competing for their business? I understand the rules should be followed, but the consumer wins when

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
Can anyone answer for certain if Big dealships like Mark dodge get order vehicles quicker than small ram dealships?
Someone said it’s more of a “logistics are quicker”. Meaning, Ram isn’t going to load 2-3 trucks on a train or truck. They’re going to wait until they have a full load before delivering that shipment. Mark Dodge (and other high-volume dealers) will have more trucks heading in, so they won’t have to wait as long to fill a shipment.

Users who are viewing this thread