Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

beckty85

Reaction score
Yeah almost 2k less in La, than Wa. if I didn’t have family to visit out toward Florida, would’ve probably paid the diff to stay nw. I’ve gotta come down from ak, they beat local dealer here by 8500 lol, what a joke
It’s pretty insane. I can ship it home and still be money ahead. I was surprised when a local rv dealer beat the price I was getting from aWisconsin dealer on my new fifth wheel. Seems like if you want to get a good deal nowadays you gotta travel to the heart land.

Taleraas02

Reaction score
It’s pretty insane. I can ship it home and still be money ahead.
This is the experience for many of us, and especially me, in CA. It’s not even close, even if I pay shipping all by myself. Nuts. If a dealer anywhere in the state of CA was within a $2-3k I’d buy closer in a second just because I could drive it home (altho Sandi has ben 10/10 so far). Really bizarre to me that there isn’t at least a couple dealers around that try to keep up.

beckty85

Reaction score
This is the experience for many of us, and especially me, in CA. It’s not even close, even if I pay shipping all by myself. Nuts. If a dealer anywhere in the state of CA was within a $2-3k I’d buy closer in a second just because I could drive it home (altho Sandi has ben 10/10 so far). Really bizarre to me that there isn’t at least a couple dealers around that try to keep up.
I’m in Ca also. Would have loved to spend local. Glad I am able to spend local on the 5ver. Had my finger on the trigger for one In Wisconsin.

Garcia320

Reaction score
New to the site and new to Ram trucks. This will actually be my first truck. Crazy excited.

Attachments

• 886C77DC-9E47-43D4-A6E1-99889715725D.png
    886C77DC-9E47-43D4-A6E1-99889715725D.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 102

Kingphillips

Banned
Reaction score
Are you getting down to 12% off msrp yet?
If I could get that quote closer to Massachusetts within 250 mile range it would work, but for me to go to Louisiana 1400 mile to save additional 2,000 doesn’t make sense to me, flight, gas ,tolls and Hotels. I’m already 1.5% under invoice.

gimmie11s

Reaction score
Last edited:

Cummins0867

Reaction score
Sorry what I meant was he was before me in build order. He’s numerically “lower” despite his order being placed after, which means he’s in a “higher” order/priority/whatever. I think you’re right by saying higher, but really, my main point/idea was that I think the trim’s may be “bucketed” somehow, which impacts this overall order.

This kinda goes along w/something else mx said earlier in this thread, which is that they generally tend to build bh’s/tradesmans first, then limited/limited Longhorns, then the rest. Who really knows though, so I’m mostly just interpreting tea leaves on build order since I can’t do anything else but wait :)
Ok here's how is was explained to me. When you order a truck it is ordered as a sold order...I think its 99 priority which I believe is the highest. At that time they are assigning it a VIN it is sequenced on the line....AKA "Production line" its one continuous line for that model year (so think linear). On that line there are batches (buckets) of trims and options that are grouped on the line (maybe 300-500 at a time). Since the truck is sold and is a priority they do all they can do to fit you in line closest to production (front of the line). Based on date ordered usually goes first but not always another sold order can jump ahead of an earlier sold order based on many things i.e. usually parts, etc... There are many factors the first being are you a D1 (do they have all the parts present to build your truck) this is most important. If they don't they try to guess when all parts will be available (usually its a pretty accurate guess based on previous history). Then they sequence you and assign you a VIN and sometimes assign you a build date and a ship date....if the line is currently moving....in this case it isn't and doesn't currently start up until 9 August 2021. When it comes time in line for your truck to be build if ALL parts (usually the options you chose didn't arrive like they thought they would) and aren't available they move you back in line (into the next batch that fits your trim/options) build that truck that was going to be yours with out those options and it gets a different VIN and it sits on a dealer's lot. This is why sometimes you see a status change from D to D1 and then back to D...meaning all the parts didn't arrive. like they thought they would. The actual VIN like the guy that has the "127" yes that is very low are usually built first....but often a higher number VIN can be built sooner then the lower number VIN ALL depending on where it fits in the production line with the batches/buckets of trims...... and do they have the parts on hand. I hope this all makes sense. There are too many variables that come into play that effect this process.....there's really no true rhyme or reason and much of it depends on luck.....is why most trucks are 6 to 10 weeks but yet once in a while on the timing a truck is ordered, built, shipped and delivered in less than 4 weeks and others take 14 -16 weeks. or even longer. With the chip shortage it makes the guessing game even that much harder as to how quick your truck will arrive.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
I contacted a PD engineer here to try and help make sense out of the builds,he works directly with Saltillo

Last edited:

Kingphillips

Banned
Reaction score
FYI those questioning the deals, this has been gone over many times. It’s all legal. Phillip at Bud Clary was 7% under invoice, but that ended with the 2021s. They’ve gone in a different direction. Mark Dodge appears to be the low price leader right now around 5.5% under invoice. Talk to them and ask them how they do it. Personally, I don’t care. They’re a reputable dealer offering a great price. We’re not the first ones to buy from them at that discount, so there’s nothing shady about it.
Either buy from them or don’t…. But we don’t need to always go over how these discounts are possible.

edit: Sandi has moved over 100 2022s so far… that’s some serious volume once they start rolling in.
Do you have phone number and who shall i ask for

beckty85

Reaction score
Do you have phone number and who shall i ask for
Bro we have covered this. I gave you the contact info. Quit beating that dead horse. Call the dealership and ask for Aaron if you’re that skeptical. He’s the sales manager. Sandi works for him handling all the internet sales.

gimmie11s

Reaction score
Bro we have covered this. I gave you the contact info. Quit beating that dead horse. Call the dealership and ask for Aaron if you’re that skeptical. He’s the sales manager. Sandi works for him handling all the internet sales.

He already ordered a truck for 1% under invoice.. doubt he'll be calling any other dealers. That'll just lead to frustration lol.

twilliamsen

Reaction score
I dunno. Others are saying 10% off msrp others saying 1-2% below invoice.
I didn’t lock into a price with my dealer. I know he only looks for the sale not the price. As long as they make some money, he doesn’t care
FYI mine was accepted order on June 10th and assigned a VIN. Sitting in D status last time I asked a few weeks ago.
then I heard something about megacabs being on hold and that is what I ordered

Users who are viewing this thread