Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

BrentD86

Reaction score
I'd love to hear from people who actually ordered a truck from them and picked it up from out-of-state and got their home state registration documents handled properly. Think I'll wait on this until at least the end of the year. By then many of you will have already gone through the entire process with this dealer and hopefully will report back here with your experiences. Thanks for that. Maybe the chip shortage and high demand will have abated somewhat by then also.
If you look at the 2021 order thread there are many people who have taken delivery from Mark Dodge from out of state. The experiences seem to be overwhelmingly positive.

Myfast70

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Rambox on the Limited automatically comes with the Rambox Utility Group (4 tie downs & divider)? I don't see it as an option to add as there is with the other trim levels and getting clear & concise details about what is truly included in a package is about impossible to find.

BRob

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Rambox on the Limited automatically comes with the Rambox Utility Group (4 tie downs & divider)? I don't see it as an option to add as there is with the other trim levels and getting clear & concise details about what is truly included in a package is about impossible to find.
I know for sure that on the Longhorns the “Rambox Utility Group” and the Rambox itself are separate options. I couldn’t imagine the two trim levels being different in that aspect. However, when pulling up the build tool for a 4x4 Limited with 6’4” bed, and scrolling down to standard features, sure enough. It listed “Rambox Cargo Management System” (the bedside boxes themselves), “Rambox Utility Group” (4 tie downs and divider), and then also explicitly listed the bed divider itself. I was not aware that those were both included standard on the limiteds. It’s a ~(-$500) option to remove the Rambox setup.

JPNHigh

Reaction score
Both the divider and tiedowns came with the Limited for my 21 order. Cannot confirm about the 22 that I am trying to order.

Myfast70

Reaction score
Thanks BRob & JPNHigh, was hoping that was going to be the answer, lol

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
My order went in on June 14th,production start 7-26-21 for 22 models.

Attachments

• 2022 DJ order.jpg
    2022 DJ order.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 108

sconym

Reaction score
My order went in on June 14th,production start 7-26-21 for 22 models.
Your build sheet says 2021 still. Hopefully they get you a new one with 2022 model year. Hopefully we all get some updated schedule info prior to the July 26 date!

Shooter88

Reaction score
Has anyone received updated 2022 pricing from Sandi at Mark Dodge? I ordered a 2022 off 2021 pricing. I’m sure I’ll hear something soon and not really that pressed on it, but curious if anyone’s in the same boat and as heard anything.

RAM_Dad

Reaction score
Has anyone received updated 2022 pricing from Sandi at Mark Dodge? I ordered a 2022 off 2021 pricing. I’m sure I’ll hear something soon and not really that pressed on it, but curious if anyone’s in the same boat and as heard anything.
Yes, all of the pricing she's giving now is for 22s. Price increase was very minimal. I think about $500 increase for my build.

Myfast70

Reaction score
I had received an email from Sandi 4 days ago and she said "I will be emailing all my “already submitted” clients their updated pricing and documents information over the next 2 weeks. Not showing any major changes that we have not already discussed. We can’t modify orders submitted anyway.". The only thing that concerns me a little bit is that if Ram decides to add an option, feature or color that I want that I won't be able to make that change. I don't foresee it being an issue but if there is some new color or option that I want I should be able to still add it as all of my selections for my order was based off of a '21MY. There have been some rumors about Ram going with a 10spd and if it is an option to make that change I feel like I should be able to make it.

Any major changes coming up for the '22's vs the '21's?

RAM_Dad

Reaction score
No new tranny this year, only changes look to be Trailer Surround and Trailer Tow Mode. I don't think any new color options. I really was hoping for Maximum Steel Metallic Night edition on Laramie and BH.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Mine is a 22,21 orders were done way before,plus its an N in the VIN,prices went up about 750.00 for a Bighorn with some options being cheaper. That was my build spec,I got a new build sheet with a VIN on June 16th.

Last edited:

Ewick777

Reaction score
I ordered my 2022 Ram Laramie on 5/17 and receive a VIN shortly after… I am noticing some builds have the Blind Spot Indicators as a separate line item from the Level B package. I did not know you could get this option still. Does anyone know at this point in the game could I add it to my build?

Attachments

• C195F176-331D-4561-9FF3-F1C4DB3FC4B1.jpeg
    C195F176-331D-4561-9FF3-F1C4DB3FC4B1.jpeg
    89.7 KB · Views: 65

areohwhy

Reaction score
I ordered my 2022 Ram Laramie on 5/17 and receive a VIN shortly after… I am noticing some builds have the Blind Spot Indicators as a separate line item from the Level B package. I did not know you could get this option still. Does anyone know at this point in the game could I add it to my build?
Unfortunately once your order is in no changes can be made. I wouldn't worry too much about it if you didn't get it.

luke42179

Reaction score
I ordered the Blind Spot as a separate line item in May and just last week my dealer (Los Angeles CDJR) said that to keep that option in the build would push the build date out toward the end of the year. I'm not willing to wait that long for Blind Spot (particularly with no guarantees), so I dropped that option.

Myfast70

Reaction score
No new tranny this year, only changes look to be Trailer Surround and Trailer Tow Mode. I don't think any new color options. I really was hoping for Maximum Steel Metallic Night edition on Laramie and BH.

Me too! I ended up in a Limited so I could get the MSM in Night Edition, the price was about an $1100 difference but I think I get quite a bit for that extra $'s. The bummer about having to go Limited is that it does lower my overall payload capacity but I don't see ever being anywhere near the capacity of the truck anyway.

Ewick777

Reaction score
Unfortunately once your order is in no changes can be made. I wouldn't worry too much about it if you didn't get it.
I’m curious once they get the chip shortage figured out if it’ll be an option you can put on afterwards.

Users who are viewing this thread