Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Reaction score
Since 2022 orders are planned to be accepted middle of next month, June 14 presently, I would think you're not going to get anything until after that date.

Bandit400 posted links in post 9 of this thread about the expected schedules from on a couple fleet websites. Here's the snippet for Ram HDs as of 5/19, the last time that page was updated.

View attachment 16805

If you assume 2 months from Production Start Up, you're looking at late Sept delivery. I would imagine these dates slip due to all the supply chain issues, not just chip shortages.

Production for the 2022 HD and Chassis Cab models will start on July 26th.

beckty85

Reaction score
The trailer surround view is different that the one I just posted. I believe the one I posted allows you to use the digital rear view with a camera on the rear of the trailer.

areohwhy

Reaction score
Damn, really? Hoping it comes sooner. What makes you think it’s still several weeks out? Ready to put an order in, but want to know exactly what I’m getting into before I do it. 2-3 weeks isn’t bad, but was hoping for “any day now”
Nevermind if 6/14 is the official order acceptance date for 2022 than we should see pricing by that date or before. Honestly, best thing to do is get your order in and just forget about it. Being on this forum doesn't help though lol

I'll be happy if trucks start getting delivered by End of August/Early September.

beckty85

Reaction score
I was told to expect around a 2% price increase from one of the dealers I was talking to. The fact is, I’m buying a truck either way so I wanted to get my order in and be at the front of the line hopefully.

johnsontoddr

Reaction score
Does anyone know what to order on a 2022 to get the Digital Camera w/ Tow Mode? https://tfltruck.com/2021/03/2022-r...tting-a-new-trailer-360-camera-view-and-more/

Is it only available on the Limited?
The link you gave also gives the XN1 order code. I'm hoping we see details on this soon. With the 360 surround view in the 2020 3500 we could not find a way to keep the views on the center display--they automagically went away after a few seconds. For the trailer 360 to be useful I would want the trailer rear view on the display while driving.

beckty85

Reaction score
The link you gave also gives the XN1 order code. I'm hoping we see details on this soon. With the 360 surround view in the 2020 3500 we could not find a way to keep the views on the center display--they automagically went away after a few seconds. For the trailer 360 to be useful I would want the trailer rear view on the display while driving.
I’m speculating at this point but I think the one sheet I posted allows you to have the rear camera on the trailer be what you see in the digital rear view mirror. I didn’t order that option or the trailer surround view.

johnsontoddr

Reaction score
I’m speculating at this point but I think the one sheet I posted allows you to have the rear camera on the trailer be what you see in the digital rear view mirror. I didn’t order that option or the trailer surround view.
I looked again at the sheet you posted earlier (https://tfltruck.com/2021/03/2022-r...tting-a-new-trailer-360-camera-view-and-more/) and at the bottom of the first image it says "Image does not persist while driving". In other words, I don't think this will substitute for the wireless rear camera and separate dash display that we have on our RV. The inability to keep the vehicle and/or trailer view up while driving seems like a big oversight. We always keep the rear view camera display up on our Tesla Model S, because the rear window is so narrow, making the rear view mirror practically useless.

NovaS4

Reaction score

That's the part I really want to have as I tow a 24' enclosed and would love to be able to always see behind the trailer.

XN1 says the images do NOT persist while driving and is for the 360 Trailer surround. Hopefully AVF that beckyty85 posted is correct for the persistent camera as this slide does say the image will persist while driving. Thanks!

1622658266348.png

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

You can only keep cameras on the UConnect screen with an aftermarket solution.

beckty85

Reaction score
You can only keep cameras on the UConnect screen with an aftermarket solution.

But for the 22MY you can run your trailers rear camera on your trucks digital rear view mirror.

Band1t

Reaction score
My 2021 ordered in April will be here in a couple weeks. The window for 2021 orders has closed. They are taking 2022 orders, but no pricing yet. I was under the impression that the 2500/3500 production in Mexico was being shut down after teh 2021 model year, and all 2022's will be made in the USA, but cannot confirm that.

michiganeli

Reaction score
I ordered on the 10th of last month and was just issued a VIN today my dealer indicated they're going to open production of the 2022 hd's in July for delivery in August. I'll believe the delivery when it arrives, but am hoping before November.

Attachments

• 2022 ram 3500 POC.pdf
    60.7 KB · Views: 81

ZOption

Reaction score
Nice build! Please keep us updated. I'm going to try to order tomorrow in my area.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
But for the 22MY you can run your trailers rear camera on your trucks digital rear view mirror.

True, but the reply was directly related to the comment about viewing the cameras on the UConnect screen.

Best to read the quoted post as well as the replies...

Cpsram21

Reaction score
Thanks. What about protections to back out? Dennis Dillon wants a $3000 deposit and Mark Dodge wants a $1000 deposit they say is “non refundable.” I’d love to put an order in but if pricing comes out higher than expected I’d want to be able to back out. What have all the folks here learned about this?
Dennis Dillion will let you back out , just tell them you want that in the POC you sign that you can get a deposit refund back if the truck isn't the pricing you want. They can easily sell it to someone else if you back out anyway .

NVYCHF

Reaction score
I pinged Sandi and she corrected my discount 11.5% under MSRP.

MSRP $81.2k
Price $71.8k (about $500 below EP)

She explained why they request the non-refundable deposit because if they don’t deliver sold orders quickly as expected they get dinged and too many dings results in restrictions or halts on custom orders.
DougB, how much was the non-refundable and was it added to your down payment? I am also looking at Mark Dodge (Sandi) for my order.

DougB

Reaction score
DougB, how much was the non-refundable and was it added to your down payment? I am also looking at Mark Dodge (Sandi) for my order.
Yes, the deposit, $1k, is factored into the down payment if you want it or you can do zero down and they’ll refund the $1k. If the truck arrives built wrong they refund you, or you can have them keep it and order a new truck.

luke42179

Reaction score
Production for the 2022 HD and Chassis Cab models will start on July 26th.

Over in 2021 build thread, it looks like they're down to 4-5 weeks from order to delivery. I placed my 2022 order on 5/12, it was accepted and is in D status.
So why would it not be until late July that they start 2022 production? Wouldn't they roll from the 2021's into 2022's and keep the same production lead times going - or do they have to shut down the line and re-tool?

Users who are viewing this thread