Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Farm boy

Reaction score
Just heard from
I finally got an email back. emailed him every other day for three weeks and called his office several times. just have to be persistent. I don't have a ship date yet, but apparently when Mike get's on this things get done.
the man. my 2/22/22 order is on a train finally. It is still in MX but a least it is loaded

Servant

Reaction score
On my build sheet, I noticed a line item that got my attention. Does anybody know what "SPECIAL SCHEDULING CONDITION VII" means? Like so many others, my truck has been parked for over three months now, since build completion.

Thanks.

CharlieTangoWhiskey

Reaction score
I finally got an email back. emailed him every other day for three weeks and called his office several times. just have to be persistent. I don't have a ship date yet, but apparently when Mike get's on this things get done.
Usually, once he get involved; the truck is staged for shipping within 7-10 days form what I have seen.

CharlieTangoWhiskey

Reaction score
On my build sheet, I noticed a line item that got my attention. Does anybody know what "SPECIAL SCHEDULING CONDITION VII" means? Like so many others, my truck has been parked for over three months now, since build completion.

Thanks.
It means someone higher up within the organization of scheduling put the truck in the build schedule by request. meaning it was listed with a higher build priority.

Last edited:

Servant

Reaction score
It means someone higher up within the organization of scheduling put the truck in the build schedule by request. meaning it was listed with a higher build priority.
Thank you.

My sales rep called this morning to let me know that the truck had finally moved from the assembly plant to the shipping facility on Monday. I take that as good news, though these trucks seem to have a knack for pausing their journey at any stage!

joeycamp

Reaction score
Thank you.

My sales rep called this morning to let me know that the truck had finally moved from the assembly plant to the shipping facility on Monday. I take that as good news, though these trucks seem to have a knack for pausing their journey at any stage!
Yea mine has been on pause for over 5 months waiting on a train

jk2119

Reaction score
Mine was ordered and finished the same time as yours. It is finally in Chicago rail yard, even though it has been there since Dec. 18th. Ram tracker stated it was supposed to be there on 01-02. That came and went. The dealer said he got shipping notification yesterday stating it has been assigned to a truck that is coming to the dealership with other vehicles. Still unknown ETA. So hang in there man.....even though the light at the end of the tunnel is a match in the wind, it is still a light................................................I think
Yea mine has been on pause for over 5 months waiting on a train

CharlieTangoWhiskey

Reaction score
I can honestly report that the 2022 RAM HO with a 3:73 running gear can pull a 9% grade hauling a 35 ft 5th wheel and a total gross weight of 23k, with no problem at all. we are getting 10-11 MPG doing it. Head wind will knock it down to 7-8 MPG. Very pleased with everything on this truck except the Navigation. TomTom sucks.

Lettikka

Reaction score
I can honestly report that the 2022 RAM HO with a 3:73 running gear can pull a 9% grade hauling a 35 ft 5th wheel and a total gross weight of 23k, with no problem at all. we are getting 10-11 MPG doing it. Head wind will knock it down to 7-8 MPG. Very pleased with everything on this truck except the Navigation. TomTom sucks.
9% is no joke!! My daughter is in the NC mountains and we would drag the TT up the mountain to go stay up there every now and then. I kind of dreaded the climb as the old truck would do it but it worked hard and temps got up there. I am looking forward to the pull now with the new rig. Just got my 500 miles on the drivetrain so I am cleared to pull. Were you watching temps as you made the climb?

CharlieTangoWhiskey

Reaction score
9% is no joke!! My daughter is in the NC mountains and we would drag the TT up the mountain to go stay up there every now and then. I kind of dreaded the climb as the old truck would do it but it worked hard and temps got up there. I am looking forward to the pull now with the new rig. Just got my 500 miles on the drivetrain so I am cleared to pull. Were you watching temps as you made the climb?
I watched them a little. never saw anything over 214. We did the 500 miles no towing and not over 50 mph and then did 500 miles towing not exceeding 50 MPH, that was rough. Truck is fully unlocked and doesn't even break a sweat. Shifts are very smooth. exhaust break is a little rough in full on, mild on auto when shifting. Never dropped more than 2 MPH on hill climbs. Very pleased with it. Here is a video of one of the bridges we climbed fully loaded headed to TX.
**disclaimer** it is a YouTube video so if its not allowed let me know and I'll take it down

Lettikka

Reaction score
I watched them a little. never saw anything over 214. We did the 500 miles no towing and not over 50 mph and then did 500 miles towing not exceeding 50 MPH, that was rough. Truck is fully unlocked and doesn't even break a sweat. Shifts are very smooth. exhaust break is a little rough in full on, mild on auto when shifting. Never dropped more than 2 MPH on hill climbs. Very pleased with it. Here is a video of one of the bridges we climbed fully loaded headed to TX.
**disclaimer** it is a YouTube video so if its not allowed let me know and I'll take it down
Nice! How has your exhaust fluid been? I am actually at 800 miles and used about a quarter of the tank. This is my first DEF truck so I have NOTHING to scale my usage against.

CharlieTangoWhiskey

Reaction score
Nice! How has your exhaust fluid been? I am actually at 800 miles and used about a quarter of the tank. This is my first DEF truck so I have NOTHING to scale my usage against.
Im not gonna lie. It weems to drink DEF for the first 4k miles. We are getting about 2k miles per 1/4 tank of DEF now. Fuel Mileage came up as well once we hit 5k miles. It royally sucked up to that point. 65 seems to be the sweat spot for us for max MPG with exhaust break and tow haul turned on.

CharlieTangoWhiskey

Reaction score
Here is a copy of our latest Diesel savings. the 50 gallon tank makes a massive difference. Before we were having to fill up every 200-250 miles for 20 gallons. Now we can go almost over 400 and fill up with 30-40 gallons. It decreases the transaction cost. saving anywhere from .20 to 1.50 a gallon. Averages about 6% a month, plus we get to use the trucker islands and dont have to go inside at all.

Attachments

• TSD-OpenRoads.JPG
    TSD-OpenRoads.JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 33

CharlieTangoWhiskey

Reaction score
This is the weight before it was fully stocked and empty tanks. We did have gear in the bed of the truck and everything but food and water in the rig.

Attachments

• Cat-Scale.JPG
    Cat-Scale.JPG
    188.9 KB · Views: 29

joeycamp

Reaction score
Tracker changed to shipped. Was initially so excited but look at ship date. Anyone get a result like this? Same as build date? Did it really ship? Estimated delivery still TBD. @brv10 can you check please

Attachments

• 7EB0E63D-E090-4495-BB88-E513E5197062.png
    7EB0E63D-E090-4495-BB88-E513E5197062.png
    836.7 KB · Views: 36

Farm boy

Reaction score
Tracker changed to shipped. Was initially so excited but look at ship date. Anyone get a result like this? Same as build date? Did it really ship? Estimated delivery still TBD. @brv10 can you check please
Mine did the same thing. It was built 7/27/22 and that is the ship date it is showing. I ordered mine 2/22/22 and it finally got loaded on the train.

jebruns

Reaction score
I watched them a little. never saw anything over 214. We did the 500 miles no towing and not over 50 mph and then did 500 miles towing not exceeding 50 MPH, that was rough.
There is nothing in the owners manual for the diesel break in that limits you to 50mph for the first 500 miles of non-towing. My 22 owners manual for my SO says:
ENGINE BREAK-IN RECOMMENDATIONS —
DIESEL ENGINE
The Cummins® Turbo Diesel engine does not
require a break-in period due to its construction.
Normal operation is allowed, providing the
following recommendations are followed:
 Warm up the engine before placing it under load.
 Do not operate the engine at idle for prolonged
periods.
 Use the appropriate transmission gear to
prevent engine lugging.
 Observe vehicle oil pressure and temperature
indicators.
 Check the coolant and oil levels frequently.
 Vary throttle position at highway speeds when
carrying or towing significant weight.

Users who are viewing this thread