Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

reign2018

Reaction score
No I think it's time to elevate this further. Also at this point I don't want a hail damaged truck with a bad transmission. you are aware that the transmissions are under recall? the parts aren't going to be available at least here in kansas until late first quarter. so even if I did get my truck out of the hostage situation in Mexico then it'll be held hostage by the dealership for another few weeks. so flat spot tires and a paint job that is not going to last? These are going to be the most over priced and lowest resale HD rams ever.

jsalbre

Reaction score
excpt, they did take my truck in on a trade, and I put a deposit. If there had been an issue with parts or lack there of that would have been one thing. They are not shipping our trucks. There are thousands of others who have ordered after I did and their truck was completed and shipped after mine was. That is corporate failure to deliver on products. This is costing people thousands of dollars. If you calculate the interest rate hikes this delay will end up costing the customers tens of thousands of dollars. None of this is acceptable and the lack of communication is even worse. Being told that they will call their rep and then nothing for almost a year is beyond unacceptable.
I didn’t say it was acceptable, just that you’re not going to have any effect. Also, like with the deposit, Stellantis didn’t take your truck on trade, the dealership did. I’m kind of surprised actually, since most dealerships won’t do that.

1ram

Reaction score
Is anyone else inthe same boat as me? My 3500HO Crew Cab SRW has been built and sitting in the yard ready to ship since August 10th. We are coming up on 5 months now with zero movement. I have never even had an estimated ship date. It has only showed TBD on Ram tracker and the dealership has the same info. I ordered the truck April 30th and i would understand if it was a build delay. But for the truck to be built and sitting idle ready to ship for almost 5 months now is completely unacceptable. I have emailed Mike M several times over the last month or so with zero response. Not sure where else to turn. Does anyone have any other connections? Beyond frustrated at this point!now
Same boat - ordered in June, built in September, and sitting since. 3500 HO Mega Cab. Not part of tranny recall and was built after the reported hail damage, so it should be clean, but ZERO movement. Unacceptable from the manufacturer. Even if the orders are with dealers, this is brand damaging. I have been considering switching, but Ford stopped retail orders until October 2022, so they're no better from a customer service perspective.

jeff a

Reaction score
8B477B91-E34D-457F-B0B8-4F685ABC8BE4.jpegA big thanks to the people on this forum who helped me through the 9 month build process with some great advice. I was originally quoted 3-4 months. In the end both my dealer and the manufacturer took care of me. This picture is after complete Kelderman 6” suspension with bumpers (winch, rigid lights) and 37” tire and wheel modifications. Also Titan 50 gallon fuel tank. Love it! Longhorn limited DRW Megacab.

Orion67

Reaction score
We are all in the same boat, I ordered 2/22/22 built 7/27/22. I have never heard from anybody. I finally got a case number from ram chat which I started back in Oct. They just did this past week give me an updated new one. I also have emailed Mike the first of December. Have gotten no response. I finally got movement on Ram Tracker yesterday. Mine is showing shipped, the delivery date is still TBD. Called my dealer and he said it is KZOA getting ready to ship, so if they finally found mine in the far lot then you guys should be showing some movement
I'm in the same boat, somewhat anyways, ordered May 10, was built July 20 and was sitting in MX until i got a hold of Mike. the very next day, Dec 10 it was showing that it has shipped. delivery day is still switching around from Jan 10 to FEB 5 and back ... Mike told me it was supposed to be delivered between Jan 4 - 18, so we'll see. but YES waiting in a lot for 5 month until it gets shipped is just... ludicrous. But there is not much we can do, just be patience, I guess.

1ram

Reaction score
View attachment 49428A big thanks to the people on this forum who helped me through the 9 month build process with some great advice. I was originally quoted 3-4 months. In the end both my dealer and the manufacturer took care of me. This picture is after complete Kelderman 6” suspension with bumpers (winch, rigid lights) and 37” tire and wheel modifications. Also Titan 50 gallon fuel tank. Love it! Longhorn limited DRW Megacab.
Looks great! Did you have to do anything to the ECM with the tank upgrade so that your fuel economy data reported by the truck isn’t all messed up?

Farm boy

Reaction score
brv10 can you check on my truck, vin 3C63R3ML3NG287661 von 54125313. The tracker finally said it has shipped after built on 7/27. ordered 2/22/22. I called the dealer, he said its KZOA. He said it should be loaded. Thank you

CharlieTangoWhiskey

Reaction score
No I think it's time to elevate this further. Also at this point I don't want a hail damaged truck with a bad transmission. you are aware that the transmissions are under recall? the parts aren't going to be available at least here in kansas until late first quarter. so even if I did get my truck out of the hostage situation in Mexico then it'll be held hostage by the dealership for another few weeks. so flat spot tires and a paint job that is not going to last? These are going to be the most over priced and lowest resale HD rams ever.
You have been told before, get in touch with Mike. yes, it can take a while. there are a lot of people on here reaching out to him and he can only work so many trucks at one time. If you think waiting on a truck is rough, go ahead and sue. it will be in court for 5 years, bleed you dry and still get nothing. It get it your mad, but there are others on here still waiting since jan 2022, and the trans issue is solved with parts being shipped.
hte fact is, you sold your truck to the dealer at an inflated price instead of holding on to it until you new one came in. Thats on you. you gambled. Others have kept their trucks and watched the value decrease and still dont have a truck. its kind of hard to feel bad for you.

Rxpjlb

Reaction score
I understand your frustration but not much can be done. As for the transmission fix, it’s available. Mine hit the dealer Dec 18 and the recall has been fixed. I’m picking the truck up tomorrow. I ordered first week of April. It’s been a longer wait than most but I survived it.

jk2119

Reaction score
Is anyone else inthe same boat as me? My 3500HO Crew Cab SRW has been built and sitting in the yard ready to ship since August 10th. We are coming up on 5 months now with zero movement. I have never even had an estimated ship date. It has only showed TBD on Ram tracker and the dealership has the same info. I ordered the truck April 30th and i would understand if it was a build delay. But for the truck to be built and sitting idle ready to ship for almost 5 months now is completely unacceptable. I have emailed Mike M several times over the last month or so with zero response. Not sure where else to turn. Does anyone have any other connections? Beyond frustrated at this point!now
I ordered my 3500 Mega Cab SRW on 05-03. It was built 07-19, placed as "shipped" on 07-26. It sat in MX in the same lot as yours until 12-07. Even went through the Cummins recall for the ECMs. Got loaded on a train on 12-07, sat until 12-08, and was supposed to be on a 7 day trip from MX to Chicago rail yard. It arrived on 12-18 according to the dealer. Was supposed to only sit in the rail yard for 2 days. Tomorrow will be 10 days AFTER the time it was supposed to sit in the rail yard. My delivery date is 01-02-23 at the dealership in Marshall, MI. The dealer is telling me there is nothing they can do to get the truck here.

What is on our side is the ability to negotiate a little more now. Inventory has been sitting on the lots for these larger size trucks compared to 6 months to a year ago. That is mainly due to interest rates. There is hope or a man with the knowledge on here. brv10 is his user name and that dude has given me more info than the dealer and no comparison to Ram....they so suck.

jk2119

Reaction score
View attachment 49428A big thanks to the people on this forum who helped me through the 9 month build process with some great advice. I was originally quoted 3-4 months. In the end both my dealer and the manufacturer took care of me. This picture is after complete Kelderman 6” suspension with bumpers (winch, rigid lights) and 37” tire and wheel modifications. Also Titan 50 gallon fuel tank. Love it! Longhorn limited DRW Megacab.
What did the dealership offer you for your wait? I am getting close to getting mine.....at least it is in Chicago's rail yard, which is closer than MX.

ShowKiller1

Reaction score
Day 99 of being "in production". Have i set a new record yet? I have emailed Mike M twice with no response

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221230_082833_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221230_082833_Chrome.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 25

ShowKiller1

Reaction score
Thanks but whatcha gonna do. Kinda at their mercy here. I will get it eventually.

UpNover

Reaction score
I just got a call and email from MD , my truck arrived . They are doing PDI now. Thankfully they said financing rates are locked in from order date 2.9% for 60 months ..

Attachments

• D1280019-291F-4020-8F36-E69931943BE7.jpeg
    D1280019-291F-4020-8F36-E69931943BE7.jpeg
    629.2 KB · Views: 38
  • 8F30B574-072D-446B-8959-025B16C6E933.jpeg
    8F30B574-072D-446B-8959-025B16C6E933.jpeg
    277.5 KB · Views: 38

Users who are viewing this thread