Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

gator6

Reaction score
No heated seat issue but my 7 way did not work. All the fuses in the panel under the hood were not pushed down. now the 7 way works. So check your fuse panels
I'll have to run out and check them. As I stated earlier, I had checked them when I picked the truck up in April, but may have missed some. Other than heater issues, I've had Blind Spot Monitoring (BSM) issues, usually monthly, that go away when I play around with my 7-way. The funny thing about the BSM is when it acts up, so does UConnect and the front driver and passenger windows. The dealer I spoke with in Jacksonville told me they were aware that the windows are tied into the BSM somehow, but they told me if they couldn't replicate the issue I'd be paying $160/hr for troubleshooting...even with video evidence of an issue.

arx237

Reaction score
Anyone having issues with their heated seats? I believe this is the one thing I forgot to check in Louisiana back in April. I can turn on and cycle through the passenger seat, but as soon as I turn on the driver’s seat it will not stay on. Now if I turn on the passenger side BEFORE attempting the driver side it will stay on (although I haven’t sat in it), but if I try the driver side first, the passenger side will do the same as the driver side, shut off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No idea where the heated seat control box is on the ram but on my jeep it was behind the radio, had the same thing happen until it just wouldnt turn on anymore. Turned out the connector on the box had worked its way loose. Plugged back in and was good to go.

gator6

Reaction score
No idea where the heated seat control box is on the ram but on my jeep it was behind the radio, had the same thing happen until it just wouldnt turn on anymore. Turned out the connector on the box had worked its way loose. Plugged back in and was good to go.

That’s what I’m thinking the issue may be. The icon will light up, so the logic is there. The failure to complete the circuit may be what is forcing it to turn off after initiation.

First world problems, I don’t really even think about it till it’s chilly out and know that I paid for this. My previous trucks have never had it, so nothing lost. If it’s not a loose connection (that I can get to) or a fuse I’ll take it to a dealer.

Lst1504

Reaction score
Th
I'll have to run out and check them. As I stated earlier, I had checked them when I picked the truck up in April, but may have missed some. Other than heater issues, I've had Blind Spot Monitoring (BSM) issues, usually monthly, that go away when I play around with my 7-way. The funny thing about the BSM is when it acts up, so does UConnect and the front driver and passenger windows. The dealer I spoke with in Jacksonville told me they were aware that the windows are tied into the BSM somehow, but they told me if they couldn't replicate the issue I'd be paying $160/hr for troubleshooting...even with video evidence of an issue.
That's not correct, I was a tech for jeep/Chrysler/Dodge for many years , if we could not duplicate the complaint there was a labor op to pay us in warranty. If we verified an intermittent issue we could apply for time to replicate and repair, the customer never paid while under warranty

Lst1504

Reaction score
That’s what I’m thinking the issue may be. The icon will light up, so the logic is there. The failure to complete the circuit may be what is forcing it to turn off after initiation.

First world problems, I don’t really even think about it till it’s chilly out and know that I paid for this. My previous trucks have never had it, so nothing lost. If it’s not a loose connection (that I can get to) or a fuse I’ll take it to a dealer.

Look up under seat bottom there may be wiring bindind on seat tracks , as well as where the wiring goes under the carpet

Svend02703

Reaction score
I would say they are full of poop

DaMacBrain

Reaction score
Contacted my dealer today and they said that they started receiving a few of the older orders through Rams “alternate transport train” this week. So a small sign of progress for some perhaps. Good luck everyone.

TRXto3500

Reaction score
Contacted my dealer today and they said that they started receiving a few of the older orders through Rams “alternate transport train” this week. So a small sign of progress for some perhaps. Good luck everyone.
Mark Dodge by chance?

gator6

Reaction score
Th

That's not correct, I was a tech for jeep/Chrysler/Dodge for many years , if we could not duplicate the complaint there was a labor op to pay us in warranty. If we verified an intermittent issue we could apply for time to replicate and repair, the customer never paid while under warranty

Thanks for clearing that up! Im only repeating what the Service Rep told me at Arlington CJDR in Jacksonville told me. I was shocked by it.

gator6

Reaction score
Look up under seat bottom there may be wiring bindind on seat tracks , as well as where the wiring goes under the carpet

Thanks for this! I am planning on it, just a 1st world issue so I’m not in a hurry. I did pay for it, so I’m a little bummed that it isn’t working to begin with.

jk2119

Reaction score
My sales manager told me that for another customer that ordered a truck that came from MX, he received shipping notification on 10-24 and the truck arrived in Michigan on 11-09. That is better than what I have been reading on the forums for shipping timeframes. So maybe it is getting a little bit better???

DaMacBrain

Reaction score
Interestingly enough, Ram Tracker updated my delivery from TBD to Dec 8 (although I've had various delivery dates come and go), but this time my dealer let me know this morning it finally got on a train today from Saltillo. So if it helps anyone I ordered a Power Wagon May 25th with a built date of Aug 8, so none of that hail damage, CTD ECU recall, 3500 DRW train issues. Basically stuck in the back lot problems. So I believe perhaps orders that were delayed around that time period are shipping? Again, good luck everyone.

joeycamp

Reaction score
Interestingly enough, Ram Tracker updated my delivery from TBD to Dec 8 (although I've had various delivery dates come and go), but this time my dealer let me know this morning it finally got on a train today from Saltillo. So if it helps anyone I ordered a Power Wagon May 25th with a built date of Aug 8, so none of that hail damage, CTD ECU recall, 3500 DRW train issues. Basically stuck in the back lot problems. So I believe perhaps orders that were delayed around that time period are shipping? Again, good luck everyone.
Nothing on mine. Built 7/26 so must be further back in that lot. Glad to hear you got some news.

Users who are viewing this thread