Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Drew M

Reaction score
I remember balking to myself when i found out these trucks were built in Mexico... Im sure they are built quality like and all but with what we are going through now?
I believe that if the plant was in America maybe we would be better off....
I see these 3500s advertising at local dealers and alot say in transit next to the adjusted market price...
I wonder if the customer has to wait for their truck as well like us? The incentives on these year old brand new trucks should make up for our waiting dont you guys think?
I don’t think the plant location (MX vs US) really matters. I learned that Honda’s built in Indiana have a 60-90 day wait. I know it’s not exactly the same, but it’s the new norm for new vehicles, at least for the foreseeable future.

TRXCNB

Reaction score
I don’t think the plant location (MX vs US) really matters. I learned that Honda’s built in Indiana have a 60-90 day wait. I know it’s not exactly the same, but it’s the new norm for new vehicles, at least for the foreseeable future.
I have a honda civic si coming too. Its taking forever as well. Hopefully my chevy will make it. 900$ a month in gas just for work commute

TRXCNB

Reaction score
True, but like mentioned before, doesn't mean higher quality. I've designed a couple factories in Mexico and the work force was well compensated for the area and they wanted to exceed expectations and maintain a great culture. Really enjoyed it down there.

I would imagine that FCA is making a lot more $ off each vehicle compared to Ford and GM just based on labor costs.
Im not knocking the workforce... Just getting frustrated and have to vent

UpNover

Reaction score
An update:
Got in touch with Mike on 10/16
Heard nada for ~ 3wks and emailed him on 11/9 for an update. Got a response today.
Truck is on a rail car as of 11/8. Tracker updated this AM indicating shipped.
Expected delivery 12/1

MD told me 15-25 weeks. If it makes it here by 12/1 that’ll be pretty close.
Hoping mine is parked right behind yours headed to MD , mines has an estimated delivery of 11-14 don’t see that happening unfortunately.

Drew M

Reaction score
I have a honda civic si coming too. Its taking forever as well. Hopefully my chevy will make it. 900$ a month in gas just for work commute
We’re going to put a deposit on a ‘22 CR-V EXL in the morning. Supposedly it hasn’t been spoken for and should be in by the end of the month…

Jwojo

Reaction score
In todays environment, I believe delays are inevitable due to too many factors. If you are correct about “potential defects”, then yes, I’d rather these be corrected before they are shipped.
If the delays are due to “supply chain” issues, then there isn’t much RAM can do, including railroad issues. My major concerns are if parts and supplies availability impacts builds, what options and packages will change just so trucks can be pushed out. When will we know about then, and will we get refunds?
Luckily, I’m not in a “need” or “must have” situation. I feel sorry for those who are in a “must have” situation.
Part shortages and rail car shortages are understandable. Many of us are frustrated who are past 6 months from our order date because it appears that our trucks have been built and ready to ship since this summer. Meanwhile others have been ordering trucks in the summer and fall (after ours were already built) that have been built and immediately shipped. It would just be nice to get an official explanation from Ram. I don’t care at this point if they did mess up and lose some of our trucks in the tracking system that have been sitting in some far off lot while others have been pumped out and put straight on rail cars. I just want to know that the truck is actually ok and an estimation on when it is coming so we know if we need to start looking for another truck.

gebertg

Reaction score
Part shortages and rail car shortages are understandable. Many of us are frustrated who are past 6 months from our order date because it appears that our trucks have been built and ready to ship since this summer. Meanwhile others have been ordering trucks in the summer and fall (after ours were already built) that have been built and immediately shipped. It would just be nice to get an official explanation from Ram. I don’t care at this point if they did mess up and lose some of our trucks in the tracking system that have been sitting in some far off lot while others have been pumped out and put straight on rail cars. I just want to know that the truck is actually ok and an estimation on when it is coming so we know if we need to start looking for another truck.
That would certainly be frustrating. My guess is they started stacking trucks in the lots and these are the ones in the back with no access with hundreds (thousands) of newer trucks accessible up front. First in, last out logistics.

jk2119

Reaction score
He responded to an email from me on 10/16. Hoping that you’re right about it shipping once he’s involved. Mine has only been built for approximately 48 days so maybe that’s not long enough.
Mine has been built since 07-26 and is still in MX. 3500 Megacab Laramie with HO.

UpNover

Reaction score
I called Ram customer service and was told until my estimated delivery day actually passed (Nov 14th) there’s nothing they can do ..

Drew M

Reaction score
I found out earlier this morning, that my dealer quotes 6-9 months, but it could be sooner. I seemed to remember 3-6 months in early Oct. They also said that production is scheduled to begin this month.
I don’t think going elsewhere will be any different.
I do wish RAM was more straight forward and proactive (and clear and honest) in their communications.
I also believe the longer RAM stumbles through 22 and 23 model years, they will need to “make it right” to not only those who put money down and are now “in limbo”, but also the dealers who will either be stuck with unsold units, or loss of customers.
Before I get beat up, yes the unsold trucks can be sold, but let’s not forget “…it’s the economy…”. This is the unknown we can not control.

Users who are viewing this thread