Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

McGuyver

Reaction score
My experience was great first time around in 2019, this time my excitement is turning. Not sure why. I guess it is the long lead time, the fact that the next model year is out and it kind of makes me feel foolish for buying a new truck that is perceived in the market (and valued) as being a year old. I really think it is the lack of communication that is putting a damper on the deal. The logistics must be crazy to have to manage but I can't help think that there could be an expendable budget for looking after the people who have long order times. For me it probably wouldn't take much to get the negative out of my head. To be honest if I got an email from FCA that said they recognize I have had a truck on order for a while and they wanted to let me know that they were doing their best to get it to me it would probably make me good to go for another couple of weeks. I might be back on full kid at Christmas excited when the tracker changes from "built" to "shipped". This forum and you guys have been a big help in passing the time. BRV is the man and Officer Sanchez and many others have been great. Hard to imagine what it is like for some who don't mess with the computer and only have their sales person giving them crumbs for 8 months must feel like.
Well put.

john59044

Reaction score
I’m in the same boat as you. Built on 9/23 and was given the same excuse by MD. I’m sure that the estimated delivery date for tomorrow will switch to TBD.
I wish I could get a excuse. However, I just get the "I dunno, I am not sure why thats happening." With no follow up. I do know for a fact that a unit went to Dave Smith in Kellogg ID Ordered the same day, almost identical, and the S/N within 500, was delivered and sold before I was even built.

The sad part is I can order a fully loaded class 8 truck with the expectation of 7 months and know its gonna be there when stated.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-11-09 at 5.31.47 PM.png
    Screenshot 2022-11-09 at 5.31.47 PM.png
    864.9 KB · Views: 31

Drew M

Reaction score
Rumor is all dealers got notice from FCA "no more HD trucks and cans out of Mexico this year."

No official confirmation, but it would lead me to believe that new orders are pushed to 2023. Perhaps focusing on built trucks?
… and enough parts/supplies?

jk2119

Reaction score
@brv10 Could you check my status when you can. VIN: 3C63RRRL5NG335740 I greatly appreciate it.

Been on order for 6.5 months now. Dealer originally told me 14 to 16 weeks to special order the truck and 28 weeks later... nada. I'm trying to decide if I should keep waiting or cut my loses and move on to something else. So far I'm not happy about my first Ram product and first time special ordering a truck. Something about buying a brand new 2022 truck in the year 2023 that rubs me the wrong way.
I ordered mine 05-03, built 07-19 and "shipped" 07-26 and been in MX ever since. Ford just opened their orders again last week. Salesman told me that Ford is not giving ETA, but he said that based on last order wait times, to expect at least 6 months. Who knows about Chevy, but they don't have anything comparable to the Ram and Fords.

Gdolboy54

Reaction score
I feel the pain. Past the 4 month date now since order. Ordered July 8th. I've said it before. The biggest frustration and really only thing making me upset is the fact that the truck is literally 38 miles away, and no one seems to be able to do anything.

Lst1504

Reaction score
I don't want to start an issue but they just posted "great Oct sales in Brazil" but won't even update any of us, many of you waiting since the beginning of the year. Is there a email we can voice our disappointment to

ShowKiller1

Reaction score
I feel the pain. Past the 4 month date now since order. Ordered July 8th. I've said it before. The biggest frustration and really only thing making me upset is the fact that the truck is literally 38 miles away, and no one seems to be able to do anything.

I ordered mine the same day you did. Mine has been built since 9/24 at the body vendor for 7 weeks now getting the bedliner sprayed in. Tracker still shows in production.

TRXto3500

Reaction score
Mine had an estimated delivery for today and it just changed to TBD. Shipping is still TBD.

Gdolboy54

Reaction score
I ordered mine the same day you did. Mine has been built since 9/24 at the body vendor for 7 weeks now getting the bedliner sprayed in. Tracker still shows in production.
I feel for ya. I'm sorry to hear that. I hope it's just the tracker is messed up. Mine also went in production on 9-24...

jwh02017

Reaction score
I ordered mine 05-03, built 07-19 and "shipped" 07-26 and been in MX ever since. Ford just opened their orders again last week. Salesman told me that Ford is not giving ETA, but he said that based on last order wait times, to expect at least 6 months. Who knows about Chevy, but they don't have anything comparable to the Ram and Fords.
I can't keep from thinking RAM detected some defect in these new trucks and decided to fix them at the factory instead of shipping them out and then dealing with the recalls. I've heard others say they can't ship because the railroad wants more money. The delays could be from a combination of these two things or a number of other factors, but who knows, since RAM seems to be very poor at communicating with the customer with any meaningful information. I imagine there are several thousand trucks setting at the factory and this equates to hundreds of millions of dollars. That is a very large sum of money tied up because they aren't sold to the customer yet. Mine has been built since Sept. 2nd. Yes, I'm pissed because it's taken so much longer than the original estimate delivery of August 16th, but I truly believe RAM is doing everything in their power to get these trucks across the border. This whole experience has soured the excitement of first time RAM owner and first time special ordering a truck. My 11 year old Tundra is still going strong so I just hope this new RAM last that long.

My truck was ordered on April 25th with 2 missed delivery dates so far. As of early this week it now shows "shipped" with estimate delivery of Dec 2nd, but at this point, who knows how much faith to put into those dates.

Gdolboy54

Reaction score
I can't keep from thinking RAM detected some defect in these new trucks and decided to fix them at the factory instead of shipping them out and then dealing with the recalls. I've heard others say they can't ship because the railroad wants more money. The delays could be from a combination of these two things or a number of other factors, but who knows, since RAM seems to be very poor at communicating with the customer with any meaningful information. I imagine there are several thousand trucks setting at the factory and this equates to hundreds of millions of dollars. That is a very large sum of money tied up because they aren't sold to the customer yet. Mine has been built since Sept. 2nd. Yes, I'm pissed because it's taken so much longer than the original estimate delivery of August 16th, but I truly believe RAM is doing everything in their power to get these trucks across the border. This whole experience has soured the excitement of first time RAM owner and first time special ordering a truck. My 11 year old Tundra is still going strong so I just hope this new RAM last that long.

My truck was ordered on April 25th with 2 missed delivery dates so far. As of early this week it now shows "shipped" with estimate delivery of Dec 2nd, but at this point, who knows how much faith to put into those dates.
My dealer now shows my truck is at logistic Park Chicago. 38 miles away. As I said its been there 3 weeks now. Spent an hour on phone with ram care last night and basically until it misses the delivery date of the 14th, they can't do amything.

jk2119

Reaction score

There was a defect. If it was a Cummins engine, there was a period between June/July to the beginning "ish" of August that the ECM had a defect of a capacitor or something that was inserted incorrectly and they issued a nationwide recall on this. So they fixed what they could at the factory and the others that got delivered now have to get with the dealers to have it fixed. When the ECM fails, it causes the truck to lose power.

gebertg

Reaction score
Mine had an estimated delivery for today and it just changed to TBD. Shipping is still TBD.
Mine was Monday and it did the same thing. Then changed to the 28th later that afternoon and changed to the 18th Tuesday.

jwh02017

Reaction score
My dealer now shows my truck is at logistic Park Chicago. 38 miles away. As I said its been there 3 weeks now. Spent an hour on phone with ram care last night and basically until it misses the delivery date of the 14th, they can't do amything.
Wow 38 miles away. That would hurt. Mine has been setting in Mexico for the past couple months. I just hope mine doesn't have a couple thousand miles on it and interior smelling like tacos when I get it... no matter how much I like tacos lol

Users who are viewing this thread