Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Ok, total confusion just sat in on me. So, I was given a railcar number and I’ve been following it, it arrived in Lawrenceville last night. I called my dealership just now to confirm. My salesman is off today so one of the others took my call and said that my truck was still in MX.

VON 56706720
3C63RPGJ4NG421210 is the VIN
It's not in Mexico, far from it!

Pressure_welder

Reaction score
Well shes finally home, i was mistaken about by timeline it was actually 5 months basically on the nose order to delivery. Longer wait than iam used to but certainly not outrageous considering todays world. Roughly a 120km drive home from the dealer so i had a bit of time to enjoy it and get a feel for it. I must say the change from 2015 to 2022 is enormous… love this thing! The Height of this 5500 dwarfed my 19 gmc dually, looked to be 4-5” taller. I had a few concerns ordering a 5500 for a work truck/family/daily driver. Ride quality, while it is stiffer in some senses, on the highway it acts just as good if not better than my 3500 dually. The ONLY difference i do notice is the wide track front end does search a bit for the formed tracks in the road which requires a bit more steering input, but certainly isnt awful. On rougher sections of road the ride quality is stiffer, no question but still is very tolerable i feel and this is without the bed on it. I can only imagine when i get the 4000lb fully outfitted welding bed on it, it will be quite acceptable. Still have to take some time to learn the new uconnect but i really like it so far. The gearing was also a concern with the 4.44s, but at 108 km/h iam at roughly 1950 rpm, so far on my small hwy trip it averaged 16mpg.

Anyway glad the long process is over! As many have stated it is completely worth the wait even though its very difficult. By the way, i love this pearl white! Super classy
DCE9E014-7DD0-490C-819C-7692E15ACA78.jpeg

Last edited:

migz_74

Reaction score
How long do I have to wait for my truck when it says shipped. Dealership is in Texas.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221105-100105_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221105-100105_Chrome.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

Gdolboy54

Reaction score
How long do I have to wait for this when it says shipped. I live in Texas and dealer is in Texas
I'm not sure. Mine has been sitting at the rail yard for over 2 weeks, the best I can tell. The dealer says that they are at the mercy of the trucking company and the trucking company says the manufacturer is at fault. Literally 38 miles away for over 2 weeks. I'm trying to be patient

Users who are viewing this thread