Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

99ls1tj

Reaction score
Showed up yesterday from Mark Dodge! Only issue is no temporary tag. I’m accustomed to getting a temporary tag when I buy my Vehicles in state. I’m pretty sure it’s illegal to drive in Ga. Without one. The dealers usually provide those here. I’ll check with the local tag office Monday and see if I can get one. I did pay a temporary tag fee. Does anyone have any insight on this? Thx.

B82A3485-6958-466D-923C-896D597E83ED.jpeg85FA71B3-4FFE-4319-9356-B87025016BE3.png

Lst1504

Reaction score
You guys just now getting your trucks, take note of the 500 mile thing. I loved the truck when i got it with 20 miles on her. Somewhere between 500 and 700 miles, a demon replaced my mild mannered truck. Holy Hell the HO wakes up biggly. I drove normal in town, 65-70 on the interstate and kept an eye on the mileage. As soon as it hit 500 i figured i could go WOT if i needed to. Leaving our daughters house in atlanta I was in the wrong lane to get on I-75 and a car would not let me over, so I did what any red blooded american, driving a Bis A$$ Truck would do. I stomped it. I dang near pinned us in the seats through third gear. It pull harder than the powerjoke for sure. Duramax is a distant third in power. Passing power at 80 is unreal.
Yeah heard that from others, think the ecu is programmed to allow full boost once it's reaches 500 .

Deltron

Reaction score
Interesting, my 2018 Laramie had cooled seats and rear in floor storage boxes. They took that away in my '22.

SGram

Reaction score
Your post gives me some hope. I'm at 251 days today, not yet shipped. Every 2 months-ish I get an estimated delivery date which flips back to TBD after the date passes. But good to know that the older orders aren't all forgotten.

Trwiii

Reaction score
Interesting, my 2018 Laramie had cooled seats and rear in floor storage boxes. They took that away in my '22.
The Laramie I ordered in May has those options on my build sheet and window sticker, although it’s still Mexico I would assume if it’s on sticker it’s installed.

TRXCNB

Reaction score
Showed up yesterday from Mark Dodge! Only issue is no temporary tag. I’m accustomed to getting a temporary tag when I buy my Vehicles in state. I’m pretty sure it’s illegal to drive in Ga. Without one. The dealers usually provide those here. I’ll check with the local tag office Monday and see if I can get one. I did pay a temporary tag fee. Does anyone have any insight on this? Thx.

View attachment 46395View attachment 46396
I never gave a ****...
I drove my new Laramie in 2018 for 6 months without. The same thing with my trx. No red light cameras too! Tinted windows really help

TRXto3500

Reaction score
I was told when I ordered that mine wouldn’t have the digital rear view mirror but my window sticker has it. I guess I’ll find out when it finally arrives.

99ls1tj

Reaction score
If it’s on the window sticker federal law requires it to be included. That’s my understanding anyway.

Benson

Reaction score
Ok it's been a while since I posted anything on here. I figured I'd give an update on Ruby. I've had Ruby, my 2022 3500 Limited HO Dually CCLB, since April 29. I've put almost 6700 miles on her with most of that being a trip from Las Vegas to Buffalo and back in June. I love this truck. It runs strong, pulls great and is comfortable on long trips just like my 2019 3500 did.
There are a few things that I don't care for on this new truck, but they are nothing to make me regret ordering it. The first thing that I don't like is that I didn't realize they changed all of the interior trim pieces from brushed metal finish to what I call Black Chrome. I preferred the brushed metal finish much better. No, I did not get the Midnight package. The other thing that I don't like in the new truck is Uconnect 5. I had Uconnect 4 in my 2019 truck and liked it much better. I feel that it was easier to use and less confusing, and I'm a tech guy.
Overall though I am definitely glad I ordered the 2022.

jebruns

Reaction score
Glad you're liking the new truck. I'm a tech guy too, and while there are a couple of things I don't like about the uConnect 5 system in my 22 Ltd Longhorn, overall I do like it better than the 8.4 uConnect 4 system I had in my 18. Takes some time and manual reading to get it all figured out, but I love how flexible/customizable it is.

denby

Reaction score
When we got ours a few months ago MD put a temporary Tag in the window that was good for about 2 months. Worked well crossing 9 states. Guessing they forgot to put it on.

Elcorbs

Reaction score
I read the horror stories about fuel mileage with the HO and decided to test mine this past week. I drove from Bullhead City AZ to Las Vegas International Airport to drop off my daughter. We had two passes to contend with and the truck (empty of course and not towing) did way better than what I was expecting. The computer told me 19.3 so I filled it up today and did the hand calculation which came out to 19.4. Can’t wait till we get the opportunity to tow the travel trailer to see just how good it tows. Another 250 mile trip tomorrow and I will be able to push the throttle to see just how it feels. Love this truck. Well worth the wait.

TRXto3500

Reaction score

View attachment 46395View attachment 46396
Is that pearl white? I've been seeing some older pearl white rams driving around and it's making me nervous about ordering it. They look really yellow and less pearl in person.

Last edited:

CharlieTangoWhiskey

Reaction score
Got the B&W 5th wheel hitch installed. Let me know if you need the settings for the arm placement. Got the bed cover on, windows ceramic tinted, and installed the no drill Mud Flaps.

Attachments

• IMG-1700.jpg
    IMG-1700.jpg
    700.7 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG-1701.jpg
    IMG-1701.jpg
    690.2 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG-1702.jpg
    IMG-1702.jpg
    739.1 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG-1703.jpg
    IMG-1703.jpg
    740.3 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

99ls1tj

Reaction score
Is that pearl white? I've been seeing some older pearl white rams driving around and it's making me nervous about ordering it. They look really yellow and less pearl in person.
It is pearl white. I made the mistake of not checking one out before I placed my order. I thought I was getting a true white with a pearlized finish. It's not what I expected, but it is growing on me! I think the night edition helps a lot. At this point I'm not sure I would have preferred a bright white. I'm about 50/50 on the whites, but I love the truck.

TRXto3500

Reaction score
It is pearl white. I made the mistake of not checking one out before I placed my order. I thought I was getting a true white with a pearlized finish. It's not what I expected, but it is growing on me! I think the night edition helps a lot. At this point I'm not sure I would have preferred a bright white. I'm about 50/50 on the whites, but I love the truck.
Your response doesn’t make me feel much better :/ haha. I originally ordered the billet silver because on the builder it look like the destroyer gray that dodge vehicles come with. Then I ordered pearl because I thought it’d be an actual Pearl. I finally saw one in person and it was to late to change my mind because my truck was in production. I did get the night edition so I’m hoping that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread