Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

phatboy64

Reaction score
You better hang on to that beast. It could be 7+ months before you see your 2023.
I know I have been reading through this thread and feel bad about what a lot of you guys have been through. It is not like the old days, build your truck, workout any trade in and 8 weeks later you are in your new truck…

I think what I am going to do is wait until after Feb unless something comes up that is too good to pass up.
I am also pretty sure the dealer will rake me over the coals if I even thought about trading it in.

jk2119

Reaction score
It shipped on 9/26, well was loaded. The train left on 9/28. Arrived at the dealer train yard on 10/13. Delivered on 10/22. picked up on 10/25. There was a lot of yelling and phone calls made ot get that thing from the train station to the dealer. The Atlanta train yard is SLOW. and Virginia Transport was even slower. A few calls were made to them and after a week of sitting they found a way to get it on a hauler to the dealer.
Was yours affected by the Cummins ECm recall? I see yours was built around the same time as mine and I was told that has been the hold up for me.

Pressure_welder

Reaction score
I know I have been reading through this thread and feel bad about what a lot of you guys have been through. It is not like the old days, build your truck, workout any trade in and 8 weeks later you are in your new truck…

I think what I am going to do is wait until after Feb unless something comes up that is too good to pass up.
I am also pretty sure the dealer will rake me over the coals if I even thought about trading it in.I

The used market seems to be certainly re-adjusting itself as more new vehicles roll onto the lots. Up here a used truck with 100k on the clock and 2-3 years old was going for 5-6000$ more than brand new. Since june, from what i can acertain from the dealer my truck has lost about 4500$ in value. You might still get a good number from your dealer though, and theres always the big tax break to consider and the ease of trading in. Unfortunately though, higher mileage rigs certainly do take a kick for good trade numbers. As per advice from my friend who owns a large GM dealership, trade before 100,000km!

Lettikka

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed that it seems like the bell has calmed down a lot for trucks being delivered? For a while there it seemed like every page we had someone to cheer for. The bell has been quiet lately to me.

TRXCNB

Reaction score
It shipped on 9/26, well was loaded. The train left on 9/28. Arrived at the dealer train yard on 10/13. Delivered on 10/22. picked up on 10/25. There was a lot of yelling and phone calls made ot get that thing from the train station to the dealer. The Atlanta train yard is SLOW. and Virginia Transport was even slower. A few calls were made to them and after a week of sitting they found a way to get it on a hauler to the dealer.
Yeah and I'm going to put money on the fact that there ain't a lot of go getters in those cities railyards either....

TRXCNB

Reaction score
I am not sure where the best place to post this but thought I would start here. I have a 2023 on order and getting ready to sell my 2014. Since you guys have been dealing with things like this all year I figured I would ask you guys.
Wondering what you folks may have sold a similar configured truck for or seen them for sale.

2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn, Single Rear Wheel, Crew Cab, Short Bed, loaded with Aisin and 5th wheel prep. Bilstein 2.5” leveling coils up front with 2” blocks in the rear, adjustable track bar, Bilstein shocks front and rear, Bilstein dual steering stabilizer, Slotted and drilled Power Stop rotors and pads, Moto Metal 18X9 rims with BFG 35X12.5X18 (new), BakFlip F1, BedRug, LED bed lights, Mag-Hytec rear differential cover, a bunch of other things. Super clean in and out. Get complements all the time. 175,000 miles…I spend a lot of time driving between North Carolina and Mass. Any thoughts on private sale value?

View attachment 46138
Bighorns like the one i had are low 40s in that Year.yours is wayyy more optioned.

Redbovine

Reaction score
For new trucks the market is weakening. My dealer had 3 Cummins and 1 hemi 2500 sitting for 3 months. Still not sold.

Lst1504

Reaction score
For new trucks the market is weakening. My dealer had 3 Cummins and 1 hemi 2500 sitting for 3 months. Still not sold.
My dealer has had multiple short beds in stock for quite a while but they have a 10k market adjustment on them

Redbovine

Reaction score
My dealer has had multiple short beds in stock for quite a while but they have a 10k market adjustment on them
My dealer isn’t doing any adjustment. The sticker is the price plus taxes and tags. I think the coming year some dealers are going to learn a hard lesson on jacking up the prices.

Trwiii

Reaction score
Dealer sent me the monthly update, same old story
ordered in May
built in July
still sitting in Mexico from Aug waiting for a ride, Nov will be 7 months.
Now I’m starting to get a little annoyed.

Attachments

• AF0A3387-A9EF-4864-A33B-BCBB0527BF79.png
    AF0A3387-A9EF-4864-A33B-BCBB0527BF79.png
    44.4 KB · Views: 23

McGuyver

Reaction score
Can anyone help me on finding where my truck is located. Ram stated that it has been built since 8-12 and I still have a TBD status on delivery.
Is there any other way to know where I am in line to get shipped?
Have you heard anything yet? Mine has been built since 9/2. Hasn’t left mexico yet. This is frustrating! Some communication would be greatly appreciated.

TRXCNB

Reaction score
Probably because they want 100 grand for a Laramie like these knuckleheads around here ...

Users who are viewing this thread