Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

cjohnse16

Reaction score
@brv10
New to this board and was wondering if you could see where my truck currently is shipping wise, said it shipped 10/15 and just want to get an idea on arrival.

Vin: 3C6UR5NL0NG416857

Thank you!

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
On 10/15 you went KZT for a 13 day rail trip to the trucking yard.

jebruns

Reaction score
Ordered 6/21. Arrived today. Tracking still shows delivery TBD. Waiting on a call from logistics to decide if I'm going to go pick it up or let them deliver it.

On a side note, I was surprised the odometer statement showed 25 miles. Did they take if for a joy ride in Mexico before shipping it?? :)

May have been the spray on bedliner.
Doubt it. My 22 had that and only had 9 miles on it. I had pretty much every option on my Limited Longhorn except painted bumpers or night edition.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Mileage may vary, when I was a Lincoln tech we had to drive the cars at least 20 miles, but that was dealer prep.

Hangman

Reaction score
Mileage may vary, when I was a Lincoln tech we had to drive the cars at least 20 miles, but that was dealer prep.
I worked for Ford years ago, ours was 20 miles also, unless it was a special order. Those had to be called by the salesman and asked if they wanted the 20 mile test. Kinda weird, but so were some of those customers

jeff a

Reaction score
Was there ever any response, if so I missed

The tracking website now shows my truck has shipped with an estimated arrival date at the dealer of 10/29 to 11/10. No more TBDs!!!! So I decided to wait patiently even though this has happened before and then reverted to TBD again. For those who are “long delayed” like me, my order date was 2/26. Build date was 6/15. Fully optioned DRW Longhorn Limited Mega. You wonder where a truck goes for 5 months? I will post when and if it comes in. Fingers legs everything crossed.

TRXto3500

Reaction score
The tracking website now shows my truck has shipped with an estimated arrival date at the dealer of 10/29 to 11/10. No more TBDs!!!! So I decided to wait patiently even though this has happened before and then reverted to TBD again. For those who are “long delayed” like me, my order date was 2/26. Build date was 6/15. Fully optioned DRW Longhorn Limited Mega. You wonder where a truck goes for 5 months? I will post when and if it comes in. Fingers legs everything crossed.
Congratulations! It’s seems like if you ordered a DRW you should expect to wait longer then a SRW. I’ll be pissed and might cancel my order if I receive my 22 DRW in 23.

CharlieTangoWhiskey

Reaction score
Alright. I finally got her home. For as sorry as the dealer was for the ordering; they were horrible at communication and zero urgency. They more than made up for it at delivery. I was prepared to have a knock down drag out fight for 12 hours with them. Didn't happen, never even got a chance. I walked in and they handed me the keys and told me to go look at it. I said no lets get to the numbers. My sales guy told me not to worry about the number and to go enjoy the truck while waiting on the finance guy. I told him no Id rather start the money fight now. To which he replied, "there is not going to be a fight". They stuck to the original deal. I got all my incentives and trade value. Literally everything we agreed on. I wrote a check, signed 15 papers, and walked out with a 2022, 50 gallons of fuel, and two free oil changes. Needless to say I was shocked. I plan on putting a couple videos on our youtube channel of the bed cover, mud flaps, 5th wheel hitch, and floor mats. She is home and has 150 miles on her.

One last thing, others are right. the wait is sooo worth it. Coming from a 2018 CTD to an HO CTD is night and day. The power is sick. Trans shift smooth as butter and the ride is at the very least as good as my 2500 was. The HK radio, very nice. Way too much to condense in a single post. New uconnect allows two phone to connect and work at the same time. So i can get a text message on the screen while my wife is on a call. The in cab noise canceling system truly works. I am very please with the new RAM.

Attachments

• RamAtHome.jpg
    RamAtHome.jpg
    553.3 KB · Views: 52
  • RamAtHome1.jpg
    RamAtHome1.jpg
    673.5 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

rMoose1776

Reaction score
Alright. I finally got her home. For as sorry as the dealer was for the ordering; they were horrible at communication and zero urgency. They more than made up for it at delivery. I was prepared to have a knock down drag out fight for 12 hours with them. Didn't happen, never even got a chance. I walked in and they handed me the keys and told me to go look at it. I said no lets get to the numbers. My sales guy told me not to worry about the number and to go enjoy the truck while waiting on the finance guy. I told him no Id rather start the money fight now. To which he replied, "there is not going to be a fight". They stuck to the original deal. I got all my incentives and trade value. Literally everything we agreed on. I wrote a check, signed 15 papers, and walked out with a 2022, 50 gallons of fuel, and two free oil changes. Needless to say I was shocked. I plan on putting a couple videos on our youtube channel of the bed cover, mud flaps, 5th wheel hitch, and floor mats. She is home and has 150 miles on her.

One last thing, others are right. the wait is sooo worth it. Coming from a 2018 CTD to an HO CTD is night and day. The power is sick. Trans shift smooth as butter and the ride is at the very least as good as my 2500 was. The HK radio, very nice. Way too much to condense in a single post. New uconnect always two phone to connect and work at the same time. So i can get a text message on the screen while my wife is on a call. The in cab noise canceling system truly works. I am very please with the new RAM.
Congrats! Happy for you. Hope mine is not far behind.

GrizzlyRAM

Reaction score

One last thing, others are right. the wait is sooo worth it. Coming from a 2018 CTD to an HO CTD is night and day. The power is sick. Trans shift smooth as butter and the ride is at the very least as good as my 2500 was. The HK radio, very nice. Way too much to condense in a single post. New uconnect allows two phone to connect and work at the same time. So i can get a text message on the screen while my wife is on a call. The in cab noise canceling system truly works. I am very please with the new RAM.
That’s one sexy #beast!!!! Congrats.

Redbovine

Reaction score
Mine is on a train somewhere.
Ordered 8-30
Built 10-12
Choo choo train 10-17
Estimated delivery 11-2

joeycamp

Reaction score

Congrats. I just bought a leftover 2022 E2W Tandara 286RL-Ok. They offered to deliver since who knows when my truck is coming. Camper still not delivered yet. LOL. Which one you got?

CharlieTangoWhiskey

Reaction score
Congrats. I just bought a leftover 2022 E2W Tandara 286RL-Ok. They offered to deliver since who knows when my truck is coming. Camper still not delivered yet. LOL. Which one you got?
we have the 285RL. same as you without the outside kitchen. we are trying to get E2W to name us brand ambassadors. If you have any questions about the 5th wheel let me know. I also have all the contacts at corp should you need warranty or anything else. We love ours and have been in it a year, 3 months full time. One note, if it has factory tires; replace them ASAP. They are only good for about 800 miles.

joeycamp

Reaction score
we have the 285RL. same as you without the outside kitchen. we are trying to get E2W to name us brand ambassadors. If you have any questions about the 5th wheel let me know. I also have all the contacts at corp should you need warranty or anything else. We love ours and have been in it a year, 3 months full time. One note, if it has factory tires; replace them ASAP. They are only good for about 800 miles.
Good to know. Thanks. Was just looking at tires. Will get before the spring. Dealer is over 300 miles away so almost half of 800 before I even get it. I'll PM you with some questions later don't want to get too much off topic here.

jk2119

Reaction score

Do you have your timeline posted somewhere for the truck?

CharlieTangoWhiskey

Reaction score
Do you have your timeline posted somewhere for the truck?
It shipped on 9/26, well was loaded. The train left on 9/28. Arrived at the dealer train yard on 10/13. Delivered on 10/22. picked up on 10/25. There was a lot of yelling and phone calls made ot get that thing from the train station to the dealer. The Atlanta train yard is SLOW. and Virginia Transport was even slower. A few calls were made to them and after a week of sitting they found a way to get it on a hauler to the dealer.

Attachments

• Ram3.JPG
    Ram3.JPG
    121.6 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

phatboy64

Reaction score
I am not sure where the best place to post this but thought I would start here. I have a 2023 on order and getting ready to sell my 2014. Since you guys have been dealing with things like this all year I figured I would ask you guys.
Wondering what you folks may have sold a similar configured truck for or seen them for sale.

2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn, Single Rear Wheel, Crew Cab, Short Bed, loaded with Aisin and 5th wheel prep. Bilstein 2.5” leveling coils up front with 2” blocks in the rear, adjustable track bar, Bilstein shocks front and rear, Bilstein dual steering stabilizer, Slotted and drilled Power Stop rotors and pads, Moto Metal 18X9 rims with BFG 35X12.5X18 (new), BakFlip F1, BedRug, LED bed lights, Mag-Hytec rear differential cover, a bunch of other things. Super clean in and out. Get complements all the time. 175,000 miles…I spend a lot of time driving between North Carolina and Mass. Any thoughts on private sale value?

8BB30933-94A2-4D54-B02C-4AD77DC50FF8.jpeg

Lettikka

Reaction score
You better hang on to that beast. It could be 7+ months before you see your 2023.

I am not sure where the best place to post this but thought I would start here. I have a 2023 on order and getting ready to sell my 2014. Since you guys have been dealing with things like this all year I figured I would ask you guys.
Wondering what you folks may have sold a similar configured truck for or seen them for sale.

2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn, Single Rear Wheel, Crew Cab, Short Bed, loaded with Aisin and 5th wheel prep. Bilstein 2.5” leveling coils up front with 2” blocks in the rear, adjustable track bar, Bilstein shocks front and rear, Bilstein dual steering stabilizer, Slotted and drilled Power Stop rotors and pads, Moto Metal 18X9 rims with BFG 35X12.5X18 (new), BakFlip F1, BedRug, LED bed lights, Mag-Hytec rear differential cover, a bunch of other things. Super clean in and out. Get complements all the time. 175,000 miles…I spend a lot of time driving between North Carolina and Mass. Any thoughts on private sale value?

View attachment 46138

Users who are viewing this thread