Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

CharlieTangoWhiskey

Reaction score
Normally, ordering a truck is very easy and a simple 4-12 week wait. The pandemic really screwed things. up. More than that, manufacturing all the parts in China to send to Mexico to build a US truck is what Ducked it all up. Add in just in time supply management and you have a disaster. My theroy is that RAM has no problem making and shipping trucks. What they are having a problem with is tracking in Mexico. It seems most, if not all the trucks that had to go JB (off site vendor) were lost track of and never put back in the shipping mix. I also think the trucks that needed ECUs are in the same boat. I think this is why the build tracker is off as well. someone is not scanning vehicles as they should. So those trucks that went JB are brought back but nobody knows they are back and sitting in a parking lot. RAM care waits 40-50 days to inquire and they go find the truck, then it gets put in rotation for shipping. I think that is whats going on. Cause mine says it still has not shipped but it was offloaded from a train in Atlanta yesterday morning. They wont pick up the tracking again until I sign the paperwork and the warranty is activated.

Now add in the shortage of rail cars and you have a massive delay in shipping.

Last edited:

panzr15

Reaction score
Just curious what some of you may be seeing for wait times once your truck has finished its train ride and is sitting at the truck yard waiting for its final ride to the dealer? Dealer wont really give me a eta, but the "build sheet" she says shows delivery end of November which seems a bit long maybe? i dno. The truck should be rolling into the truck yard in winnipeg on monday to complete its train ride. Then its only a 2.5 hr ride to the dealer. Who knows i guess! i suppose it could sit there for a month. For those interested it was a 12 day train ride from MX to Winnipeg canada. Actually far quicker than i had ever imagined it would be. Must not have been many stops to add/delete cars. In all reality when i got my last update i was shocked, i thought for sure id still be sitting in MX until mid nov sometime.

Again as always major props to BV.... far more knowledge than my dealer, mind boggling response time, and unreal patients to deal with all of us and our requests. Worse than kids on Christmas i am sure! He has made this waiting process 100x easier.
Assuming things go as my sales guy describes; my truck which got off the train Thursday, will be at the dealership no later than Monday night. So 4 days. Dealerships here in Utah are closed Sundays, so 3 working days

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Pressure_welder

Reaction score
Assuming things go as my sales guy describes; my truck which got off the train Thursday, will be at the dealership no later than Monday night. So 4 days. Dealerships here in Utah are closed Sundays, so 3 working days

Cant complain about that! Bet your getting excited now

panzr15

Reaction score
Cant complain about that! Bet your getting excited now
Very! Expecting to take delivery Wednesday night.

Just finished pulling my prototype camper off my soon to be "old truck".
eac8ce6a32208cd1e7fa62a776a102a0.jpg
a40462f8cb23906d11f90a8996bfbadd.jpg

TRXCNB

Reaction score
Exactly, i know my interest rate was locked as i got financing approval. But the dealer changed trade in values on me mid deal, glad i checked with them! purely on information from this forum thank god. So they struggled to put discounts on the front end to make the deal still work as i told them id walk if they didnt keep payments the same. While i still have to sign final documentation and pick truck up, so far they are sticking to their word. But this fact ALONE will deter me from ordering in the future. Back when it was 3 months order timeline numbers were locked 100%. I am really not used to things changing mid deal and it drives me crazy. Especially with a cab and chassis.... i ordered my truck and then dumped another 25,000 in to a custom welding bed. when you change numbers its a huge nut punch
Hopefully this'll be the last time i buy something new ever. After i retire i aint buying big ticket items no more

TRXto3500

Reaction score
Normally, ordering a truck is very easy and a simple 4-12 week wait. The pandemic really screwed things. up. More than that, manufacturing all the parts in China to send to Mexico to build a US truck is what Ducked it all up. Add in just in time supply management and you have a disaster. My theroy is that RAM has no problem making and shipping trucks. What they are having a problem with is tracking in Mexico. It seems most, if not all the trucks that had to go JB (off site vendor) were lost track of and never put back in the shipping mix. I also think the trucks that needed ECUs are in the same boat. I think this is why the build tracker is off as well. someone is not scanning vehicles as they should. So those trucks that went JB are brought back but nobody knows they are back and sitting in a parking lot. RAM care waits 40-50 days to inquire and they go find the truck, then it gets put in rotation for shipping. I think that is whats going on. Cause mine says it still has not shipped but it was offloaded from a train in Atlanta yesterday morning. They wont pick up the tracking again until I sign the paperwork and the warranty is activated.

Now add in the shortage of rail cars and you have a massive delay in shipping.
How do you know it was offloaded in Atlanta if it still shows as not shipped?

TRXto3500

Reaction score
Can someone tell me where mine is exactly?

Von: 55734058
Vin: 3C63RRML6NG364378

Thanks!!

Gdolboy54

Reaction score
I just tried calling the csx number. The automated voice said the car was released by the customer in cantata? Not sure bout the spelling. Did anyone know where that is?

rMoose1776

Reaction score
I think Mike and Ram are monre concerned with the trucks that were ordered in March and April. Mine was March 03. I would almost suggest that if you were not a March or April order, dont reach out to him. a 7 month wait is a lot different from a 3 month wait. Please dont ruin this contact. There are still people waiting from Jan, Feb, March and April.
What about mine from February... LOL. He has yet to respond to me.

jebruns

Reaction score
What bothers me is the interest rates have doubled since ordering. This is not fair because normally I would not buy. Now im forced to eat a deal that i never would have entered into. I don't like that...
I hear you, but didn't you know that going in? I ordered in late March. Granger told me 6-8 months, and it was no secret at that time that the Fed was pushing up interest rates. So I knew that risk was out there. I also knew that the used vehicle market could cool off, and that was the primary driver for me getting a new truck. I just figured I was placing a bet (and I'm not a gambler generally). If I lost the bet, I'd forfeit my deposit. But it ended up working out well in my case. I hope it does for you as well.

Elcorbs

Reaction score
Didn’t post pictures when delivered, but here is one. It rides nearly as good as my 2021 RAM 1500 Limited. Really impressed with the fit and finish. Love the new RAM connect. Very intuitive. The screen is so much easier to read. The truck feels more solid than the 1500. The doors are even heavier and close with a good thump. I can really tell it is a Heavy Duty. After I get the first 500 miles needed for break in it will be time to tow the trailer and see how it performs.

Attachments

• 6A1BFCE5-DE69-4CFA-AEB4-A214C0AE024D.jpeg
    6A1BFCE5-DE69-4CFA-AEB4-A214C0AE024D.jpeg
    643.2 KB · Views: 47

Trwiii

Reaction score
What about mine from February... LOL. He has yet to respond to me.
Mike never responded to my email either. My order from May built in first week of August sitting in Mexico. Feb order no truck that’s crazy.
it’s just luck, my first order in January was delivered May 3rd. No rhyme or reason. The dealer wins either way, you tell him keep it and they sell it over sticker you order again and go to the end of the line. No win for us. The prospect of my May 22 order not arriving until 23 is disappointing. I need this truck for my business but they have me boxed in a corner. Ram just says sit down shut up you’ll get it when you get it.

Trwiii

Reaction score
please post more pics, this is my truck but I ordered the 20” wheels. I can dream about when mine comes in in 2025.

joeycamp

Reaction score
Didn’t post pictures when delivered, but here is one. It rides nearly as good as my 2021 RAM 1500 Limited. Really impressed with the fit and finish. Love the new RAM connect. Very intuitive. The screen is so much easier to read. The truck feels more solid than the 1500. The doors are even heavier and close with a good thump. I can really tell it is a Heavy Duty. After I get the first 500 miles needed for break in it will be time to tow the trailer and see how it performs.
please post more pics, this is my truck but I ordered the 20” wheels. I can dream about when mine comes in in 2025.
I'm just dreaming it gets shipped

1665941868851.png

Users who are viewing this thread