Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

jeff a

Reaction score
For those of you who are "long delay" like me I thought you would be interested in what I found out today. Order date 2/26. Build date 6/14. DRW Longhorn 3500 mega. I talked to the dealership General Manager a couple of days ago who assured me that at the next manufacturer rep meeting my truck status would be addressed. He just called me back with "the rep told me that they are going to TRY and get all of the delayed orders OUT BY END OF THE YEAR". The rep could or would not provide any information on my particular truck or if it could possibly be longer than the end of the year. unbelievable!!!

Elcorbs

Reaction score
My truck arrived at the dealer this morning. Waiting for them to get it ready for me to pick up. No incentives from Chrysler, so am going with a local credit union which is a quarter of a percentage point better than Chrysler.

jeff a

Reaction score
My truck arrived at the dealer this morning. Waiting for them to get it ready for me to pick up. No incentives from Chrysler, so am going with a local credit union which is a quarter of a percentage point better than Chrysler.
What was your order and build dates?

CharlieTangoWhiskey

Reaction score
Just got work from my sales guy that my truck has been unloaded at the local train depot. Truck should be at the dealership by Monday, expecting to pick it up Wednesday . Ordered 3/19

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
congrats, how long was your total wait from order to pickup?

Reaction score
For those of you who are "long delay" like me I thought you would be interested in what I found out today. Order date 2/26. Build date 6/14. DRW Longhorn 3500 mega. I talked to the dealership General Manager a couple of days ago who assured me that at the next manufacturer rep meeting my truck status would be addressed. He just called me back with "the rep told me that they are going to TRY and get all of the delayed orders OUT BY END OF THE YEAR". The rep could or would not provide any information on my particular truck or if it could possibly be longer than the end of the year. unbelievable!!!
Finally broke down and emailed Mike MacDonald (Stellantis). Fingers crossed I get a quick response with good news like a few others have here have received.
Built/KZLD since 7/5.

jk2119

Reaction score
Let us kno
Finally broke down and emailed Mike MacDonald (Stellantis). Fingers crossed I get a quick response with good news like a few others have here have received.
Built/KZLD since 7/5.

Built/KZLD since 7/5.
Let us know what he says!

CharlieTangoWhiskey

Reaction score
I think Mike and Ram are monre concerned with the trucks that were ordered in March and April. Mine was March 03. I would almost suggest that if you were not a March or April order, dont reach out to him. a 7 month wait is a lot different from a 3 month wait. Please dont ruin this contact. There are still people waiting from Jan, Feb, March and April.

Last edited:

Lst1504

Reaction score
Wonder how many are still waiting to be built and how many are just waiting to be shipped,

Pressure_welder

Reaction score
Just curious what some of you may be seeing for wait times once your truck has finished its train ride and is sitting at the truck yard waiting for its final ride to the dealer? Dealer wont really give me a eta, but the "build sheet" she says shows delivery end of November which seems a bit long maybe? i dno. The truck should be rolling into the truck yard in winnipeg on monday to complete its train ride. Then its only a 2.5 hr ride to the dealer. Who knows i guess! i suppose it could sit there for a month. For those interested it was a 12 day train ride from MX to Winnipeg canada. Actually far quicker than i had ever imagined it would be. Must not have been many stops to add/delete cars. In all reality when i got my last update i was shocked, i thought for sure id still be sitting in MX until mid nov sometime.

Again as always major props to BV.... far more knowledge than my dealer, mind boggling response time, and unreal patients to deal with all of us and our requests. Worse than kids on Christmas i am sure! He has made this waiting process 100x easier.

Spareparts

Reaction score
I defiantly will never order a ram after my experience. Ordered feb 24th built may 3rd.. supposed to be here on the 31st but has not left yet. It’s in a rail car but shipping tbd.

I have missed a bunch of trips with a truck I got for them. I am still shocked at how I get more info here than I do from ram

I hope all you guys get your trucks soon as well

Pressure_welder

Reaction score
I defiantly will never order a ram after my experience. Ordered feb 24th built may 3rd.. supposed to be here on the 31st but has not left yet. It’s in a rail car but shipping tbd.

I have missed a bunch of trips with a truck I got for them. I am still shocked at how I get more info here than I do from ram

I certainly dont know what its like to wait for that time length but i must say that is unreasonable, especially if there not helping in anyway. But at the same time the way of the world a year ago was brutal and i think just as of late these companies are finally catching up to orders somewhat, Ford may be a different story. But it wouldn't matter what brand you went with back when you ordered you would've had the same wait or even had your order canceled. Father in-law waited almost a year for his at4 Duramax, friend had a platinum F450 canceled on him after 8 months of waiting with no warning.... just a sorry! were not building them anymore. Having extensive experience with duramax, and Ram, some with ford only through work fleet. I am still of the mindset RAM is the superior product, and while they arent exactly able to provide "stellar" ordered vehicle performance in regards to timelines, its tough to discount them entirely and switch brands.

Spareparts

Reaction score
I have a gmc he all terrain now. Love the Duramax and the mileage but wanted to try a Cummins this to round with the adaptive cruise. I’m sure I will like it when it comes just a bit frustrated with no communication when I’m getting a 100k truck

e was an issue, and a post that was shared a while back of 21k units waiting for shipment, what was deduced collectively is that either production ramped up or transportation had a bottleneck and vehicles went to a separate storage yard and they were not FIFO(First In First Out) they were FILO (First In Last Out). while at the same time a while later there were vehicles leaving the factory straight to transportation.

I certainly dont know what its like to wait for that time length but i must say that is unreasonable, especially if there not helping in anyway. But at the same time the way of the world a year ago was brutal and i think just as of late these companies are finally catching up to orders somewhat, Ford may be a different story. But it wouldn't matter what brand you went with back when you ordered you would've had the same wait or even had your order canceled. Father in-law waited almost a year for his at4 Duramax, friend had a platinum F450 canceled on him after 8 months of waiting with no warning.... just a sorry! were not building them anymore. Having extensive experience with duramax, and Ram, some with ford only through work fleet. I am still of the mindset RAM is the superior product, and while they arent exactly able to provide "stellar" ordered vehicle performance in regards to timelines, its tough to discount them entirely and switch brands.

TRXCNB

Reaction score

What bothers me is the interest rates have doubled since ordering. This is not fair because normally I would not buy. Now im forced to eat a deal that i never would have entered into. I don't like that...

Pressure_welder

Reaction score
Exactly, i know my interest rate was locked as i got financing approval. But the dealer changed trade in values on me mid deal, glad i checked with them! purely on information from this forum thank god. So they struggled to put discounts on the front end to make the deal still work as i told them id walk if they didnt keep payments the same. While i still have to sign final documentation and pick truck up, so far they are sticking to their word. But this fact ALONE will deter me from ordering in the future. Back when it was 3 months order timeline numbers were locked 100%. I am really not used to things changing mid deal and it drives me crazy. Especially with a cab and chassis.... i ordered my truck and then dumped another 25,000 in to a custom welding bed. when you change numbers its a huge nut punch

Users who are viewing this thread