Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

CharlieTangoWhiskey

Reaction score
As soon as I posted this - he responded with an email. FYI see part of his response:

"I’m sorry for the delays but the plant has been experiencing a rail car shortage for a few months which has added to the shipping delays."
same thing i got and 2 days later it was released and on a train.

Lst1504

Reaction score
Understand the situation, if you have any info I would appreciate it. 1537

opfire

Reaction score
Oh yeah!!! Shipped,
Scheduled for delivery to Medford Oregon
11/9 is what it says.

Attachments

• A895EB9D-48DC-4815-9CC0-F69BB0AE69F2.png
    A895EB9D-48DC-4815-9CC0-F69BB0AE69F2.png
    740.7 KB · Views: 38

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Some have been built and delivered in 2 months, others.....

GrizzlyRAM

Reaction score
If you have a rail car # - I found this on another forum - worth a try!

If you are going by rail, it’s more complicated…

First you will need the rail car letters and numbers.

There are two major rail companies.

CSX is everything east of the mississippi
UP is everything west of the mississippi

But they all start out on CSX so once they have it in their system they will follow it all the way.

So, how do you track your truck on a railcar?

First and most important. Never talk to live personnel at the railroad! Only use automated phone system. If it attempts to transfer you to a live person please hang up. The railcar information we are provided by is given as a courtesy and if we call live personnel we may lose the access and ability to track.

CSX
1. Call the CSX 1-800-235-2352
2. When prompted for location or weight, press "1" on your phone for location.
3. When prompted for the car initials, say CN (or whatever initials you have) then wait for the next prompt.
4. When prompted for the car number, say 907048 (or whatever your number is)
5. When prompted for next car say DONE.
6. That's it; enjoy your updated status report.

Union Pacific
1. Call UP at 1 800 877-5123 1 800 877-5123
2. Follow phone prompts for Trace
3. Say the railcar number complete and clearly. Example CN123456 all together
4. Listen for your update

NS Norfolk Southern
1. Call 800-635-5768
2. Press 2.
3. Press 2.
4. Enter the letters on the numeric keypad then press #. As in: TTGX will be 8849
5. Enter the numbers then press #. It wasn't taking my voice prompts but typing worked.

CharlieTangoWhiskey

Reaction score
If you have a rail car # - I found this on another forum - worth a try!

If you are going by rail, it’s more complicated…

First you will need the rail car letters and numbers.

There are two major rail companies.

CSX is everything east of the mississippi
UP is everything west of the mississippi

But they all start out on CSX so once they have it in their system they will follow it all the way.

So, how do you track your truck on a railcar?

First and most important. Never talk to live personnel at the railroad! Only use automated phone system. If it attempts to transfer you to a live person please hang up. The railcar information we are provided by is given as a courtesy and if we call live personnel we may lose the access and ability to track.

CSX
1. Call the CSX 1-800-235-2352
2. When prompted for location or weight, press "1" on your phone for location.
3. When prompted for the car initials, say CN (or whatever initials you have) then wait for the next prompt.
4. When prompted for the car number, say 907048 (or whatever your number is)
5. When prompted for next car say DONE.
6. That's it; enjoy your updated status report.

Union Pacific
1. Call UP at 1 800 877-5123 1 800 877-5123
2. Follow phone prompts for Trace
3. Say the railcar number complete and clearly. Example CN123456 all together
4. Listen for your update

NS Norfolk Southern
1. Call 800-635-5768
2. Press 2.
3. Press 2.
4. Enter the letters on the numeric keypad then press #. As in: TTGX will be 8849
5. Enter the numbers then press #. It wasn't taking my voice prompts but typing worked.
Massive thank you for this. Just did it with CSX, and it works. Truck is in Mobile AL and is expected in Atlanta on the 14th.

rswasey

Reaction score
My truck got off the train on 8/31 and has sat there ever since because they lost the keys....
I am still waiting for new keys....
I will impatiently wait for new keys.... So I called the transport company today and they would not talk to me because I am not from a dealership.
Called my dealership again and explained that I am running out of patience... They said they will call "the rep" and see if they can do anything.

Meanwhile I wait, everyone says the wait is worth it.

CharlieTangoWhiskey

Reaction score
My truck got off the train on 8/31 and has sat there ever since because they lost the keys....
I am still waiting for new keys....
I will impatiently wait for new keys.... So I called the transport company today and they would not talk to me because I am not from a dealership.
Called my dealership again and explained that I am running out of patience... They said they will call "the rep" and see if they can do anything.

Meanwhile I wait, everyone says the wait is worth it.
Dude, its a remote key fob. buy one on ebay that is blank and have the dealership code it and give it to the people that need it. Or am I missing something.

Fpowell5

Reaction score
Here is my status and inquiry to my dealer today - for what its worth: With the FED likely to raise interest rates by another .75% in November and watching my trade-in value go down by the week (per NADA and KBB), I reached out to Granger to get any update they could provide on delivery. Currently my "Ship Date" is TBD, however my "Estimated Delivery Date" is November 1st.

Granger's initial response to my inquiry was "Your order is in KZLD status which is "In transit- Delay" so I'd hope your tracking timeline is pretty accurate. Our system is showing ETA to be determined and typically when we are given an ETA- it's pretty accurate."

After requesting any further information they responded "Their anticipation is to have your vehicle here by that date, but due to the intransit delay it may be after that. The reason is there has been a back up at the plant getting vehicles shipped out due to lack of truck drivers and higher cost of fuel. Please keep checking back for updates."

They also sent the screenshot below. Basically my truck is still in Mexico. Along with the post earlier that there still could be a rail strike, this is not good. By the time my truck is delivered, between interest rates going up and my trade-in value going down, am hoping I can still afford it :(

1665520936226.png

panzr15

Reaction score
Saw this beauty roll into the gas station next door to my office. Very nice owner.

Dealer said my truck is due into the rail yard tomorrow or Thursday. The wait till it's ready for pick up next week just got a little harder haha
7d36540e84d1f432b3f4d579e47bc5cd.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread