Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Cwinske

Reaction score
lol no reason to get cold feet. ive owned pleanty of cummins, and pleanty of duramax's. I can tell you without a doubt the Ram in my experience is far superior both in pulling characteristics, and well... everyone knows the interior crushes the competition hands down no contest. I test drove a lariat F450 just for interest sake before i made purchase on my next ram, and it was as if i was sitting in a fisher price plastic factory, with the most dated center stack that iam sure thomas edison had a input on. Stay the course... every truck has their issues. I have a "temporary" 19 duramax denali dually right now while i wait for my 5500 laramie to be built, and this will be the 3rd duramax ive had with the dreaded coolant tank sensor gone bad... whole tank has to be pulled. yay.
I’m making the same switch duramax to Cummins, Interior is what convinced me seeing the 23 duramax still hasn’t changed on inside still exact same as my 16. I haven’t had the coolant tank sensor go bed yet but definitely have had the issue Def tank heater and sensor going bad more than once which required whole assembly can’t just get the temp sensor. Things where looking good at first with my order (ordered 8/5 built 8/22) but probably going to be waiting a while now because of ecm recall and shipping.

Big Baloo

Reaction score
I’m making the same switch duramax to Cummins, Interior is what convinced me seeing the 23 duramax still hasn’t changed on inside still exact same as my 16. I haven’t had the coolant tank sensor go bed yet but definitely have had the issue Def tank heater and sensor going bad more than once which required whole assembly can’t just get the temp sensor. Things where looking good at first with my order (ordered 8/5 built 8/22) but probably going to be waiting a while now because of ecm recall and shipping.
Look about 4 posts back in the thread. If you weren't built during the time, you probably are not affected by the recall on the ECM.
Shipping is anyone's guess!

Cwinske

Reaction score
Look about 4 posts back in the thread. If you weren't built during the time, you probably are not affected by the recall on the ECM.
I ordered a 2500 and was built 8/22. I keep seeing a date of
I ordered a 2500 and was built 8/22. I saw it said it affected them from 7/1 thur 8/23 or 8/24 so assume it’s affected by it.

Big Baloo

Reaction score
I ordered a 2500 and was built 8/22. I keep seeing a date of

I ordered a 2500 and was built 8/22. I saw it said it affected them from 7/1 thur 8/23 or 8/24 so assume it’s affected by it.
Possibly, but FCA did not mention anything in the notice on the 2500s (The article mentioned 2500s), they have only mentioned 3500, 3500 CAB & Chassis, 4500/5500 CAB & Chassis.

Big Baloo

Reaction score
Possibly, but FCA did not mention anything in the notice on the 2500s (The article mentioned 2500s), they have only mentioned 3500, 3500 CAB & Chassis, 4500/5500 CAB & Chassis.
My bad, I just noticed that they also mentioned the 2500s in the notice.

Cwinske

Reaction score
I was hoping you were right.It’s confusing with all the different dates for the different models, to bad they didn’t stop using them on the 2500s when they stopped using on others.

slowindown

Reaction score
I noticed that the 110 outlet is missing from my 22 3500 crew bighorn. It was listed in the level A equipment I ordered but it’s not in the cab or bed. I didn’t even think to look for it until I’d had the truck several days. I don’t see it in my Equipment list either.

A couple of other notes, as many have mentioned, the tires were way over inflated and none of the fuses were seated.

Otherwise enjoying the truck…

Pressure_welder

Reaction score
I made the switch back in 2015 from a 15 denali dually that i factory ordered, drove it for about 10,000KM and frankly just didnt really like it, so took a buddies 15 limited 3/4 ton for a ride and i was immediately hooked and so was my wife. Not to get into a massive discussion but everything on the ram was just frankly superior. So i ordered a 15 limited dually in black. I dont forsee myself ever going back to GM. My father inlaw has a 22 At4 duramax which is a super nice truck, but i find it very plasticy and very uncomfortable. only reason i am back into a 19 duramax is because i needed somthing for the welding business for an interm welding rig while i waited for my 5500 to be built. I am getting very anxious for it to say the least. Id kill to know if its built yet or when it may be built lol.

mdibuckeye

Reaction score
Halfway home! The boat bringing my truck to me has 3 more days to port. Hopefully the 250 miles from Port Davisville to Downeast Maine go a little quicker than how long it took to escape Mexico.

Attachments

• D013E780-98C4-464D-A0B4-15277F3BDF28.jpeg
    D013E780-98C4-464D-A0B4-15277F3BDF28.jpeg
    125.7 KB · Views: 26

QuattroCS

Reaction score
I noticed that the 110 outlet is missing from my 22 3500 crew bighorn. It was listed in the level A equipment I ordered but it’s not in the cab or bed. I didn’t even think to look for it until I’d had the truck several days. I don’t see it in my Equipment list either.

A couple of other notes, as many have mentioned, the tires were way over inflated and none of the fuses were seated.

oh man...
is the option in your POC?

Big Baloo

Reaction score

That sucks.
So, it's not hidden anywhere in the back seat area of the crew cab?

Hangman

Reaction score
Ok, great news, I think.. I placed my order this past Saturday on my 2022. Called my dealership this afternoon and was told that I am D1 with a VIN. What kind of time frame would be reasonable to expect from this point?

Users who are viewing this thread