Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Surgdoc4

Reaction score
There is no rhyme or reason as to the order trucks are built. 4 weeks in D1 is not very long honestly. My 3500 HO DRW sat in D1 for 8 weeks, then was built and sat at the outside vendors (JB) for 8+ weeks for still unknown reasons (I think it was just partying too hard and enjoying Margaritaville), before it even went KZLD. I lucked out and found a train ride 4 days later, and now it sits at Port Allen waiting on a trip to the dealer. To date it has been 21 weeks, or 146 days, and again, I am one of the luckier ones - there have been some waiting since last year that have still not taken delivery.

As I have said many times on this 5+ month journey: Saddle up, buckle up, and enjoy the ride :cool:
I am afraid of these outside vendors delays. Mine went to build on 7/24 and last I heard went to vendors 7/26. How long can it take to hide a few keys?

pacnw1963

Reaction score
I am afraid of these outside vendors delays. Mine went to build on 7/24 and last I heard went to vendors 7/26. How long can it take to hide a few keys?
Mostly it is dependent on whether they are out of stock of a particular option you ordered with your truck. Could be steps, hitch, fender flares, and the list goes on...or in my case my firm belief that the nozzle on the spray in bed-liner was clogged and the replacement part was coming from Antarctica using the defunct and operating at <50% rail system. That and the fact my beast just wanted to stay in Mexico partying!

jk2119

Reaction score
I have not connected the truck to the app as I am told I have to actually own it first. I do not have it titled in my name yet. I was tracking via the train car number. The train arrived in Baltimore and is waiting carrier to Koons.
How did you get the train car number?

DP340

Reaction score
Same here. My truck arrived in Port Allen (60 miles from home) on the 28th, and is still there. But here is the worse part...I drive to Baton Rouge 3 days a week, and each afternoon on the way home coming off of the Mississippi River Bridge, I'm looking at the lot of 100's of new vehicles waiting to be transported to their dealers, knowing my beast is sitting in there somewhere, staring back at me:eek:. When it finally gets shipped to MD, it will pass within minutes of the house on its way there. Then I get home and it's drinky time...:D
The anticipation is a killer isn’t it. Mine has been sitting 20 minutes from the dealer and 30 minutes from my house since last week. It is taking longer to go the last 20 miles than it took to get from Mexico to north east Ohio.

pacnw1963

Reaction score
The anticipation is a killer isn’t it. Mine has been sitting 20 minutes from the dealer and 30 minutes from my house since last week. It is taking longer to go the last 20 miles than it took to get from Mexico to north east Ohio.
It is getting down to the wire - heck, I already secured the loan before the last rate hike and I have the check sitting in my safe. I haven't bought a new truck since my last 2500 I bought off of the lot in 2006, and I am getting as giddy as my kids would Christmas Eve!

slowindown

Reaction score
Is anyone else’s truck depicted wrong on the Ram Towing and Payload Capacity website? Mine is shown as a billet silver Lone Star when it's a patriot blue Bighorn.

Mine is a bighorn and shows lone star too (also the wrong color and exterior accessories). But, a lone star is just a big horn slated for Texas - or at least it used to be. You can look at your build sheet and it should list your badging. Mine is also pat. blue but 3500, and I'm not in TX.

sawpdx

Reaction score
Here’s some pics of my new ride I took possession of yesterday, after a four month wait.
The dealer, I won’t mention any name, put rear mud flaps on with their typical advertising on them. Then they included the cost as a dealer installed item. I went ahead and kept them but when I got home I took their advertising placks off each flap and threw them away. I should have asked them how much they are going to pay me to advertise their business.

Attachments

• E2308375-5F41-4110-A471-5290B15E5E2A.jpeg
    E2308375-5F41-4110-A471-5290B15E5E2A.jpeg
    294.8 KB · Views: 63
  • 7AE662CB-A3F2-4A49-AB8B-99FD18EB0E8E.jpeg
    7AE662CB-A3F2-4A49-AB8B-99FD18EB0E8E.jpeg
    689.3 KB · Views: 64
  • BB3EC4EE-25E1-4F67-B768-0E8D0EDB79D5.jpeg
    BB3EC4EE-25E1-4F67-B768-0E8D0EDB79D5.jpeg
    767.9 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

762fmj

Reaction score
It is getting down to the wire - heck, I already secured the loan before the last rate hike and I have the check sitting in my safe. I haven't bought a new truck since my last 2500 I bought off of the lot in 2006, and I am getting as giddy as my kids would Christmas Eve!
I was waiting since the lowest rate I found was only locked for 30 days. Well I found one lower that was good for 60. If I had the hindsight and knew there wouldn't be too many delays I could have saved almost a whole point by locking it in early with them.

pacnw1963

Reaction score
I was waiting since the lowest rate I found was only locked for 30 days. Well I found one lower that was good for 60. If I had the hindsight and knew there wouldn't be too many delays I could have saved almost a whole point by locking it in early with them.
I secured the loan the minute it arrived in Port Allen, and the rates went up a half point the very next day…whew!

superjoe83

Reaction score
Here’s some pics of my new ride I took possession of yesterday, after a four month wait.
The dealer, I won’t mention any name, put rear mud flaps on with their typical advertising on them. Then they included the cost as a dealer installed item. I went ahead and kept them but when I got home I took their advertising placks off each flap and threw them away. I should have asked them how much they are going to pay me to advertise their business.
I'm surprised they did that, my sales guy (from the same dealer) asked me if wanted any flaps or license frames on it, I declined and I also asked them to leave all of the plastic on the seats and interior which they did. No extra charges

Ktm2smoker

Reaction score
I've bought cars before off the lot and told dealerships not to put their stuff on. They say OK and then do it anyways. Then I make them take it off. I'm hoping this will be the first time someone listens to me...

So, did they put the advertisement over the RAM heavy duty mudflaps or were those some other aftermarket brand? I had them put on the heavy duty RAM mudflaps. I hate paying labor for stuff like that but when I get my truck on the 16th the last thing I want to do is take off the DRWs. I just want to retorque after 100 miles !

And take my dog out for ice cream.....

Attachments

• IMG_20220725_152040920.jpg
    IMG_20220725_152040920.jpg
    451.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

sawpdx

Reaction score
I've bought cars before off the lot and told dealerships not to put their stuff on. They say OK and then do it anyways. Then I make them take it off. I'm hoping this will be the first time someone listens to me...

So, did they put the advertisement over the RAM heavy duty mudflaps or were those some other aftermarket brand? I had them put on the heavy duty RAM mudflaps. I hate paying labor for stuff like that but when I get my truck on the 16th the last thing I want to do is take off the DRWs. I just want to retorque after 100 miles !

And take my dog out for ice cream.....
The mud flaps were cheap and thin with printed dealer advertising on a thin peace of sheet metal. I drilled out the rivets that held the sheet metal to the flaps then put the flaps back on. When I get time I'll put on some heavy duty, real mud flaps.

gator6

Reaction score
I need a solution to the front tires and rocks. Weathertech doesn’t make flaps for our trucks yet.

Ktm2smoker

Reaction score
My neighbor has the heavy duty RAM fronts and back. Maybe I'm showing my age, but I love me a good big square mudflap. Can't stand the shaped ones. If that's your taste, check out the heavy duty RAM ones, they're priced well. Second number is the dually set.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220228-144218.png
    Screenshot_20220228-144218.png
    429.7 KB · Views: 46
  • Screenshot_20220228-154556.png
    Screenshot_20220228-154556.png
    420.9 KB · Views: 45

Users who are viewing this thread