Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

bmummert26

Reaction score
Truck was delivered Friday and ready for pickup Saturday. Thanks to everyone on this feed. I learned a lot and will keep reading. Hope you get your trucks sooner than later

Attachments

• 20220730_193440~2.jpg
    20220730_193440~2.jpg
    610 KB · Views: 49
  • 20220730_193425~2.jpg
    20220730_193425~2.jpg
    479.1 KB · Views: 48

matemike

Reaction score
I received my truck 48 hours ago and I have driven it about 100 miles myself so far. Spent most of the other time installing my Husky mud flaps, AVS bug deflector and setting up my garage around my truck to make it all work most efficiently, but knowing the family car, Expedition, will be the primary garage space holder once the new wears off this truck. I hope to at least claim the garage spot until the temperatures cool and I know I'm not baking the brand new vehicle.

Truck impressions:
WOW is right, as many members say here. These are really nice trucks. The ride quality is very nice, quiet and just plain new, nothing rattles like on my 2011 GMC 1500 that is being replaced. On the freeway, it could have just been cross winds, but I felt like the truck is able to sway from one side of the lane to the other pretty easily. It needs a little more steering input, almost like the tie rods were loose. I have since reduced the tire pressures from 75 down to 65 psi and hope that fixes the loose feeling when doing 80 mph. Also not sure if that is just normal on 3/4 ton trucks; it is the first one I ever owned. And it is not terrible, maybe it's just a tire thing.
Driving down the road I feel the AC is more than adequate, and that is in 100 degree Texas heat folks. I hope this is not just a new truck thing that will wear off quick. But I found with only fan speed of 6 and temp set to 68 and seat vent on lowest setting and I was getting cold.
I also love the HK sound system, way better than my old 6 speaker bose system. I test drove Rams with the Aline's and liked them a lot as well.
The head lights are bright as heck! Very impressed. I don't really notice a difference in lighting if I turn the fog lights on. I have only driven at night for 4 minutes just to look at it real quick.
This truck is eons beyond in technology compared to my 2011. But that being said, I have not even dove off into the features much beyond what I could already do with the 11 year old truck. Back up cameras and sensors, bluetooth phone connectivity, remote start, integrated garage door openers, etc. I know I'm just scratching the surface, it is a bit overwhelming still. I also need more night driving time to set those standards, i.e screen brightness, light dimmers and timing, etc. The cargo camera is not working, I'll have to get that fixed. And I am having trouble getting the HomeLink to work my middle garage door. It works the others without an issue, so I think it is a door opener motor problem. That middle door has always been sporadic, like it doesn't want to receive a signal some times. So I'm not blaming the truck. The directions could be a little better across Ram though. The quick setup guide says one way, to put the truck into ACC mode, the videos say to put it in run mode but engine not on, and the automated phone directions say to turn the truck on when setting up HomeLink. confusing for sure!
I do really like the ability to remote start my truck from the Ram App. Friday was the first and only day I have driven my truck to work so far. After my truck was parked for about 5 hours, I was getting off a ship about 1/2 mile away from the truck. I remote started it and had it cooling off that much longer before I got in. Game change for me.

Order, WAITING, finance and delivery experience:
I ordered this truck from Mark Dodge and my sales lady was Renae. She is fantastic! I could not have asked for a better ordering experience. Strongly recommend that part of it. I was quoted 16-20 weeks for delivery at the time, being told 16 is a lucky draw and 20 weeks is more the reality. Okay. My truck was built exactly 11 weeks after ordering. Things were looking good. Until I hit the dreaded JS, - KZLD status. But the annoying part about that status was that I think I was one of the founding fathers to experience that black hole. I was the discoverer of the lost cave of KZLD. My truck spent 105 days lost in there. After about 60 of those days I started to get a little wordy, not rude, but just speaking up to Renae and calling the RamChat lines and getting cases made and expressing my frustration. And although I was an early founder of the prolonged KZLD status, I was seeing, on here, many many members who ordered 3 months after me getting their trucks built, shipped and delivered. Ya, they rolled off the assembly line in Mexico and right onto a train. Whereas my truck just sat down there in the dust bowl, being punished or something. This is where my sales lady and the rest of Ram turned into "sales" people, saying they were doing everything they can, they're looking into this, you're not the only one, it's this issue and that, and they've pushed my case up to the top as far as it could go, etc. I know their efforts were made, I truly believe them, but all in all the only thing that got my truck moving was time. I had to wait it out. It was total BS. It was not any one person's fault, but I got the wrath of customer service treatment. It goes on a little further when I was being told things like, Sir, once your truck is in the states we can control it's shipment progress much easier so we will have it as a priority once it gets to the train yard. Well that didn't happen. But after going through my previous wait, I found that yard to dealership wait wasn't bad anyway. Then another feel good idea came that maybe when it gets to the dealer, it would be expedited through their PDI process since I ordered last year and it is just now getting here. Also, no special treatment, but the wait wasn't too bad. A very nice piece of advice came from Renae to fill out the finance application on the MD website to help speed up the process for when I did get the e-mail from Aaron Ginsberg. So I did that.
When Aaron did e-mail with the pics, I responded right away and he called soon after. Things finally rolled along like I would have liked the whole time. Of course he did not see that I already filled out the finance application online, but we filled it out over the phone in about 5 minutes. The very next day Melinda Smith called, we set up a zoom time and had the financing squared away in about 30 minutes. I got the 0% just like I wanted, capitalized on the summer event that FACA has going on right now. Expires Aug 1, so I barely made it too. I think it was the same day that the money wire for down payment went through that I got a call from Robert to set up shipment/delivery to my home. MD offers complimentary delivery up to 250 miles. According to google maps, my driveway to MD is 259 miles, but no one batted an eye. Not a single problem with that. Robert asked on a Thursday evening when a good time to deliver would be, and I said tomorrow's good. He said wow, I'll see what I can do. 30 minutes later, a delivery driver named Tom called, verified everything and headed this way the next morning. He and his following driver (since I had no trade in vehicle) left Lake Charles around 6 am and got to my house at 10:15 am. I had the rest of the day to enjoy my new truck, but unfortunately had to run in to work. So yes folks, once the truck is in MD's hands, I felt like things really improved and moved along as they should .

In an outlook on the whole entire process, is it worth it? It is very nice truck, I sure was picky and I ordered because I wanted what I wanted, and I got it. And I see a lot of people on here say just hang on folks, it's worth the wait. And it is, to an extent. But having my experience for the first 215 days of my 223 day wait, I'm going to say NO. I'm going to learn to be less particular and going to really evaluate the times and availability of vehicles if I ever order again. I may never order a vehicle again. This is the 3rd one I've ever ordered. I've ordered a gmc half ton and a ford expedition in the past. Things were different in 2011 and 2016. But looking back on this, it sucked. I don't wish it on anybody. Glad it's over. And that's the honest truth.

I have my new white 2500 Laramie night edition, there are many like it, but this one is mine. And it was a b!tch trying to get it.

Can't forget; many thanks to @Brutal_HO for making this thread, to @OfficerDirtySanchez for making the tracking sheet, and to @brv10 for keeping us all in the loop by being "in the know". I would have been down right miserable without y'alls efforts. Thanks again to you and everyone else on here for keep us all informed and therefore sane throughout this process.

Last edited:

sawpdx

Reaction score
@brv10 can you tell me where my truck is?
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 8298B55E-60B8-4E5A-AECF-C871B0D981C4.png
    8298B55E-60B8-4E5A-AECF-C871B0D981C4.png
    791.3 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

flub1dub

Reaction score
Any idea which rail carriers are involved in delivery?
As the dealership for my 3C7WRNFL9NG319935 is in Woodland, California, I'm thinking the railway terminus will be of either Union Pacific or BNSF (Benicia, CA for UP or Richmond, CA for BNSF). I've seen both railroads mentioned in this thread.

Bombaman

Reaction score
what kind of hitch pin? looking for one now and might as well get a recommendation ;)
I use a Paclock one, I like the additional security of a clip ontop of the lock, plus I have a bunch of other locks on the RV with the same key, so comes in handy.

2022grey

Reaction score
I'm waiting for it to be delivered to Gresham Dodge. I have no idea what train it's on.
My dealer is going and picking mine up as to shortage of delivery guys it can sit at the Barnes yard for weeks ! Mine shipped on the 15th and supposedly showed up in Portland yesterday ! You might contact your dealer and see if they will go get it . Ram says it has to sit in yard for 72 hours before it can be released to dealer .

andymac

Reaction score
I’m now at 147 days just for shipping, status just went back to TBD. Getting pretty discouraging.
I’m with ya. I’m at 130 days post ship and mine is stuck at the the Midlothian black hole getting hammered by hail. My order update has never shown anything more than built. No shipping date ever.

Nealy065

Reaction score
I’m with ya. I’m at 130 days post ship and mine is stuck at the the Midlothian black hole getting hammered by hail. My order update has never shown anything more than built. No shipping date ever.
Mine is also at Midlothian, I’m pretty sure RAM forgot they parked some there.

mgeiger72

Reaction score
The day has arrived. My truck was dropped off at my house this morning. Just as planned. The last couple days were incredibly easy and swift with MD getting me financed and truck ceramic coated and then delivered. When first asked yesterday evening about delivery, I said, tomorrows good, and it worked out.
Aaron, Melinda, Robert and Tom all made it happen very well. I’ll write a much longer post about my total experience a little later. 223 days. I won’t forget that number, haha. 7 months 11 days. Seven eleven, won’t forget that one either.

But for now, pics of the stud in the stable. View attachment 41771View attachment 41772

Unfortunately I don’t clear the garage door by about 1.5”. If I get my front wheels up on the ramp, it clears by 8”. I might build something that meets it right in the middle so I clear the garage door by 4” and have more room to walk around the front.

Love the White Night. My ETA: is 8/29. I also have garage anxiety, though my driveway is up, into my garage- which helps clear the header.

2500Ram

Reaction score
You have to be careful with those. When I went to buy one a lot of folks had mentioned their hitch falling off. Apparently the tumblers in the lock can spin themselves to open with vibration o_O. It hasn't happened to me nor do I personally know anyone its happened to but just in the link you posted there are a number of people that had their trailer detach.

2500Ram

Reaction score
I’m now at 147 days just for shipping, status just went back to TBD. Getting pretty discouraging.
I was built March 11 and just now the truck is getting close to my house. I mention this because according to the tracker it hasn't moved or shipped. Does your dealer offer better information than the ram tracker?

2500Ram

Reaction score
Are you sure you're at Midlothian still? A lot of them moved out mine included. I was there for months and if you use ram tracker you'd thing I could still be there but actually im in PA. Does your dealer or any members here that can track give you any other information that may indicate movement?

Nealy065

Reaction score
I was built March 11 and just now the truck is getting close to my house. I mention this because according to the tracker it hasn't moved or shipped. Does your dealer offer better information than the ram tracker?
I haven’t checked with the dealer in about a week, last time I did they said it was still sitting in Midlothian. I have been trying not to ask them to often but it looks like it’s time to ask again.

Scooterbv

Reaction score
For those who may know…

My truck is at Bay View MD rail yard enroute to Koons in VA. Does it get trucked the rest of the way or does it have another rail yard it goes to that may be closer?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread