Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Leadchuncker

Reaction score
Well no word today if my truck was picked up for shipping. This is pushing close to our trip, it’s to late to cancel but I do have someone to take the reservation if we don’t make it. I told our crew it’s not that I can’t pull it with the other truck I have to be here when the new one arrives from what I was told. My other problem is not having enough time to put at least 500 miles on it before pulling the camper…
So I’m gonna have to make a decision on what to do. If I knew it would be picked up before or on Monday then be here in 2 days this would be a lot easier.

Nealy065

Reaction score
Has anybody had their truck go from Midlothian auto lot to MD? If so will it go straight to MD or does it have another stop? Tracker finally shows 01 August for delivery but this is the third update, the others were back in June.

Scubaz66

Reaction score
I can't speak to the MSRP differences, but I also ordered from Koons in March for 6% under invoice.
That's roughly 17-18% under MSRP. EP is roughly Dealer Invoice and that relates to 11% under MSRP. So If Koons is selling for 6% under Invoice that would mean roughly 17-18% off MSRP. If this is true I expect people who were flocking to MD to purchase will soon be headed to Koons.

Scooterbv

Reaction score
That's roughly 17-18% under MSRP. EP is roughly Dealer Invoice and that relates to 11% under MSRP. So If Koons is selling for 6% under Invoice that would mean roughly 17-18% off MSRP. If this is true I expect people who were flocking to MD to purchase will soon be headed to Koons.

Here is my Koons order from 2/16 with ALL the numbers for those who wanna do the math.
Sales price 83,630 +TTL
0b0d663d5c80207ee82ba1faf104f8e0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

762fmj

Reaction score
I believe FWP is invoice? Last time I factory ordered the Edmunds invoice price matched the second column on the build sheet

OldJeepsNewTrucks

Reaction score
what kind of hitch pin? looking for one now and might as well get a recommendation ;)
Check out Bolt. It codes to your key so you don't have to have an extra one. My last Bolt hitch pin was on there for years and zero rust, loved it.

Scubaz66

Reaction score
According to the information you provide you paid $562 over Factory Wholesale Invoice. Not 17-18% below MSRP. Again! Your confusing MSRP with Invoice. If you were getting 6% below Invoice your total cost minus TTL should have been somewhere near $78,084.86 not $83,630.00 Look at EP on your worksheet EP is Employee Pricing. Employee pricing is "roughly" Dealer Invoice or a little over.

pacnw1963

Reaction score
Here is my Koons order from 2/16 with ALL the numbers for those who wanna do the math.
Sales price 83,630 +TTL
0b0d663d5c80207ee82ba1faf104f8e0.jpg

According to the information you provide you paid $562 over Factory Wholesale Invoice. Not 17-18% below MSRP. Again! Your confusing MSRP with Invoice. If you were getting 6% below Invoice your total cost minus TTL should have been somewhere near $78,084.86 not $83,630.00 Look at EP on your worksheet EP is Employee Pricing. Employee pricing is "roughly" Dealer Invoice or a little over.
And the EP (employee pricing) is what MD is selling their vehicles for, which for your build would have been $79,116

Scubaz66

Reaction score
When I was talking to the dealers in my area about ordering I’d take a copy of the build sheets with me. As soon as I told them what I wanted and handed them the build sheet the first words outta their mouth was add 20% to that and you’ll be close. 20% to the MSRP and that was at 4 local dealers ! So that’s why I bought from MD.
Yep! Same thing happened to me regardless of the dealership i visited. I'm old school (66) have purchased hundreds of vehicles for either myself, family or friends over the years. You can still purchase vehicles at below MSRP if you are willing to take the time to research and ask others for advise. This Forum is a Great Place to get that knowledge.

I still remember the Pontiac dealership in Tucson, AZ where I purchased a 1984 Fiero for the wife. After about 45 minutes of haggling with the salesman and him leaving his office and returning with additional figures, the Sales Manager returned with him to introduce himself (typical scenerio back in the day) and stated "Sir, you're not going to let $100 keep you from purchasing this vehicle". In which I stated "No Sir, You're not going to let $100 keep you from selling this vehicle".

Needless to say I drove it off the lot about and hour later after going through Finance. LOL

slowindown

Reaction score
And the EP (employee pricing) is what MD is selling their vehicles for, which for your build would have been $79,116

I ordered from MD and if I'm reading my paperwork correctly and doing my math right, I'm at 13.87% off msrp, 8.7% off fwp and 4.2% less than ep, not counting their document fee and temporary tag.

Scooterbv

Reaction score
Im not the one arguing any percentages off any certain price. I simply ordered from Koons and provided the info for you all to analyze.

I personally chose Koons because I will be trading in current truck and having to ship 2 trucks between NY and MD dealer would wipe away any gains I got over the Koons pricing.

sawpdx

Reaction score
I’m not liking the delivery date change from Aug 8 to Aug 19th. I know others have experienced the same but it’s still irritating. Can anyone clue me in as to what would cause this date change?
I guess what I'm really asking is did my order status go from KZT to KZU yet? If it did then I'd at least know it's in Barns Yard waiting for a ride to the dealer.

Attachments

• AC6228AD-230B-482D-B80E-5AED3DBD2F2A.png
    AC6228AD-230B-482D-B80E-5AED3DBD2F2A.png
    791.3 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

The Real Glee

Reaction score
Just to toss this into the MSRP vs. Invoice discussion.

Dealers can make up any money from a "below invoice" sale if a vehicle is being traded in by simply giving the new buyer a trade value lower than what it normally would be.

Happens every day. If it looks too good to be true it usually is.

The key is to shop around and go with which ever offer fits your budget and you are treated well.

Dealers have way more experience crunching/moving numbers than most of us.

Even high volume dealerships rely on confuzzling the customer.

Users who are viewing this thread