Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Burger

Reaction score
Depending on the damage I would think a PDR guy could get most of it out unless it's badly creased, did you get any pictures of the damage?
Unfortunately I didn’t even see the truck damage, Was told had a gash down fender and would replace entire fender. Called body shop this morning, told be they were putting on bondo instead of replacing bc “ replacing bed rail would screw up welds and basically the entire truck”. I’ve never heard of this before, I call BS, but what do I know. So now I got to figure out compensation with dealership

pacnw1963

Reaction score
Unfortunately I didn’t even see the truck damage, Was told had a gash down fender and would replace entire fender. Called body shop this morning, told be they were putting on bondo instead of replacing bc “ replacing bed rail would screw up welds and basically the entire truck”. I’ve never heard of this before, I call BS, but what do I know. So now I got to figure out compensation with dealership
I double down on that…it’s BS! I’d be demanding a new fender!!! They can keep their bondo…

Scvette

Reaction score
I’d walk a pissed off customer. Tell them to find you an identical truck or close to it. I’d never have a brand new vehicle with bondo on it.
Apparently they decided NOT to replace dually fender bc “factory welds” so bondo and paint it is.. any idea what compensation should be?

Lettikka

Reaction score
I had a door repainted when I picked up my 2019 1500 and it was scratched. At least they called you before you got down there to pick it up. It sucks to have a new vehicle that has to be fixed. I think the most important thing is going to be the work they do to fix it right. It might be a good idea and worth the $ to have a bodywork guy go with you and check the work. My door looked great in the daytime when the truck was dry. The door looks different than the rest of the truck in high humidity and in certain lights. I don't see it often but when I do I feel like I got scammed.

kevin588127

Reaction score
I'd rather have the Bondo. Replacing the box side skin would require drilling the pinch welds and then rewelding. It would be pretty hard to get seam sealer back into the inner fender uncertain spots. Current trucks already have enough rust issues in these areas. Odds are the Bondo job will look fine but I'd be more concerned with the paint match. Not sure what I would do in your shoes. I'd probably walk without a decent discount.

Burger

Reaction score
I'd rather have the Bondo. Replacing the box side skin would require drilling the pinch welds and then rewelding. It would be pretty hard to get seam sealer back into the inner fender uncertain spots. Current trucks already have enough rust issues in these areas. Odds are the Bondo job will look fine but I'd be more concerned with the paint match. Not sure what I would do in your shoes. I'd probably walk without a decent discount.
Hence the reason I asked. Not sure costs or what would be worth it. He did mention the pinch welds and sealer so maybe it’s not “BS”? Doubt they will replace the fender because of this, at least that’s my understanding. So the real question is, what $ amount should I haggle for comp since they won’t replace it?

2500Ram

Reaction score
Apparently they decided NOT to replace dually fender bc “factory welds” so bondo and paint it is.. any idea what compensation should be?
EDIT: I wouldn't want a new bedside actually...nor do I want bondo

123zk

Reaction score
Hence the reason I asked. Not sure costs or what would be worth it. He did mention the pinch welds and sealer so maybe it’s not “BS”? Doubt they will replace the fender because of this, at least that’s my understanding. So the real question is, what $ amount should I haggle for comp since they won’t replace it?
Go to the parts department at another dealership and ask them what a replacement box cost with paint

Leadchuncker

Reaction score
The dually box sides are designed to unbolt in one piece, this way they’re easier to replace. They aren’t like the old 3rd gen down trucks ..

Leadchuncker

Reaction score
I thought waiting for the truck to make from the port to MD was hard, well that’s nothing like waiting for the body shop to get it back to Aaron so we can finish up and get it underway on its last voyage… :eek: :|

neutroniens

Reaction score
I’m going to chime in on this. You would be surprised how many new cars have “slight damage” that gets repaired and the end customer never even knows about it that said talk with your sales person see if they will let you inspect it once you know for sure what the damage actually is you can make an informed decision which way you want to go

gator6

Reaction score
Anybody recall what time of day Mark Dodge emailed you about truck arrival?

Just wondering if it tends to be an early or late in the day average.

Aaron called me want to say it was just before lunch in Jacksonvillle…late morning in Lake Charles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

123zk

Reaction score
I’m going to chime in on this. You would be surprised how many new cars have “slight damage” that gets repaired and the end customer never even knows about it that said talk with your sales person see if they will let you inspect it once you know for sure what the damage actually is you can make an informed decision which way you want to go
No matter how you look at it you cant beat factory paint.

Burger

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for your input. Great advice and information as always from everybody.

SGTRAM

Reaction score
My new truck is home after a long wait. I ordered it on Dec 23rd. and was built in May 28th. The tracker is still not updated.

I almost give up on it and kept my 2019 truck. The night edition was canceled by the factory but I still like it with chrome.

Thanks everyone.

34bfa30de7cb0c34c2e96272388c0396.jpg

a703c2b0c35b5139fdd44b2670ec3fdd.jpg

42eac87454d86a440906ca3f5511616e.jpg

6bc7fe876affd5751e100031cea51758.jpg

434585d57a47284912824f5f79fe0b3a.jpg

d0e705116c99332f105ff819e3b293d3.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread