Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

2500Ram

Reaction score
For the first time in Ram Tracker history I have an estimated delivery date! AUGUST 10! Only problem is there is no year specified :(. Also it doesn't show that the vehicle has shipped even though I can confirm it has indeed shipped. August 10 2023 just seems so far but we must fall in line and enjoy the wait.

choprzrul

Reaction score
Just got a call from my salesman. They are tired of waiting and are going to arrange pickup themselves of my truck from Mira Loma tomorrow morning. Should hopefully be here tomorrow afternoon but may not be able to pick it up until late tomorrow or Saturday.
Good for them to be proactive. What is your salesman's name? I wonder if there is any chance they will have room on the transport for mine? They could drop it in Santa Maria on the way by.....

VIN: 3C6UR5FL0NG342354
VON: 55049997

Fernando is my salesman. Perhaps your guy could call my guy?

rommel

Reaction score
Good for them to be proactive. What is your salesman's name? I wonder if there is any chance they will have room on the transport for mine? They could drop it in Santa Maria on the way by.....

VIN: 3C6UR5FL0NG342354
VON: 55049997

Fernando is my salesman. Perhaps your guy could call my guy?

Joe @ Cole in SLO. Have Fernando call Joe, I have no idea how they are working it out. Joe made it sound like they have their own transport they are sending?

Leadchuncker

Reaction score
It’s been a interesting 24 hours. Received a congratulations email from Aaron at MD with instructions on how to proceed but non of the options gave any info if you weren’t financing through them.
He called this morning and got everything squared away and the shipping estimate to delivery it to the shop.
Around an hour later he called again with more news. He went to move the truck, couldn’t find it, was told it had a dent and was sent to the body shop.
Aaron just called again while I was typing this , said the shop called, it’s not bad to repair but it’s gonna be seven days till they get it back to him…
So I’m now going to eat some blackened chicken, baked taters, fried zucchini, have a few drinks and go cry in my pillow…. Cheers

choprzrul

Reaction score
Joe @ Cole in SLO. Have Fernando call Joe, I have no idea how they are working it out. Joe made it sound like they have their own transport they are sending?
Just texted this info to my salesman. It would be beyond cool if it all worked out :cool:

M376X6

Reaction score
Well, the saga continues. The truck rolled off the rail car at Rolla Tuesday afternoon at 2:35 PM. Wednesday, yesterday early afternoon, I call the transport company United Road just to get an idea about how, what, and possibly when they might get the truck for delivery to the dealer. The guy asks me what the last 8 of the vin is and I give it to him. He states it came off the car yesterday and I said yes and he asks me what dealership I'm with. I tell him the dealership I bought it from and he
replies, so this is a Sold order, and I tell him yes, I ordered it back in April. He tells me he'll mark it as a sold unit and should have it to the dealership by Friday. Last evening around 6 I get a call from the General Manager at the dealership
saying the General Manager at the rail yard called and is upset that they gave me their number. Apparently United Road called PRS Auto (they're the people who work Rolla for Union Pacific offloading) and tried to get the truck available this week which is obviously a violation of every law on this planet and our solar system and the Manager at the dealership tells me I can't call anyone. That he understands I'm excited to get my new truck but I have to be patient. I'm not patient, I didn't call the damn people at Rolla, I didn't ask to be prioritized, the fella at United volunteered to place it in a sold status and expedite the delivery, and I'm not a patient and sometimes not a very understanding person! I intend to visit the dealership manager tomorrow (he's off on Thursday) and communicate effectively and eloquently (I hope) with him and make sure we understand each other. It's almost like hunting and getting ready to pull the trigger on a beautiful 6X6 bull elk, the closer you get to pulling that trigger the more you get wound up. I can't imagine the self will and strength some of these chaps on here must have that have waited so long even for just the news that their truck is finally built. I WILL GET MY TRUCK, I WILL BE ECSTATIC AND HAPPY WHEN I SEE IT, I WILL TRY DESPERATELY TO BE PATIENT IN THE MEANTIME! I know that when I quit banging my head against the wall my head feels better.

matemike

Reaction score
My truck was shipped June 23 and was showing a delivery for July 18 to MD this whole time.
Until today the delivery jumped up to July 15 (tomorrow). Has anyone else experienced a delivery jumping to sooner? I’ve seen many pushed back, but none moved to sooner. Just wondering g if it’s a false hope.

2500Ram

Reaction score
My truck was shipped June 23 and was showing a delivery for July 18 to MD this whole time.
Until today the delivery jumped up to July 15 (tomorrow). Has anyone else experienced a delivery jumping to sooner? I’ve seen many pushed back, but none moved to sooner. Just wondering g if it’s a false hope.
I really hope this is accurate because about 100 pages back I said I wouldn't take delivery of my truck until you do and I think I'm about a month out on delivery now.

Leadchuncker

Reaction score
Well, the saga continues. The truck rolled off the rail car at Rolla Tuesday afternoon at 2:35 PM. Wednesday, yesterday early afternoon, I call the transport company United Road just to get an idea about how, what, and possibly when they might get the truck for delivery to the dealer. The guy asks me what the last 8 of the vin is and I give it to him. He states it came off the car yesterday and I said yes and he asks me what dealership I'm with. I tell him the dealership I bought it from and he
replies, so this is a Sold order, and I tell him yes, I ordered it back in April. He tells me he'll mark it as a sold unit and should have it to the dealership by Friday. Last evening around 6 I get a call from the General Manager at the dealership
saying the General Manager at the rail yard called and is upset that they gave me their number. Apparently United Road called PRS Auto (they're the people who work Rolla for Union Pacific offloading) and tried to get the truck available this week which is obviously a violation of every law on this planet and our solar system and the Manager at the dealership tells me I can't call anyone. That he understands I'm excited to get my new truck but I have to be patient. I'm not patient, I didn't call the damn people at Rolla, I didn't ask to be prioritized, the fella at United volunteered to place it in a sold status and expedite the delivery, and I'm not a patient and sometimes not a very understanding person! I intend to visit the dealership manager tomorrow (he's off on Thursday) and communicate effectively and eloquently (I hope) with him and make sure we understand each other. It's almost like hunting and getting ready to pull the trigger on a beautiful 6X6 bull elk, the closer you get to pulling that trigger the more you get wound up. I can't imagine the self will and strength some of these chaps on here must have that have waited so long even for just the news that their truck is finally built. I WILL GET MY TRUCK, I WILL BE ECSTATIC AND HAPPY WHEN I SEE IT, I WILL TRY DESPERATELY TO BE PATIENT IN THE MEANTIME! I know that when I quit banging my head against the wall my head feels better.
I read your post a few hours ago, thought about it and decided to give you some advice.
Just cool your jets and do not poke the bear with a visit. They do have the power to prolong your wait time and I’m sure your not wanting that to happen.

Stanek

Reaction score
She’s home, dented, but home, goes back in 2 weeks for new bumpers.

Attachments

• 82B75272-D5EF-40DC-93D8-9EF0E4802429.jpeg
    82B75272-D5EF-40DC-93D8-9EF0E4802429.jpeg
    449.5 KB · Views: 55
  • C680D936-ACCA-4EF3-BEE7-66D8221B51E5.jpeg
    C680D936-ACCA-4EF3-BEE7-66D8221B51E5.jpeg
    377.8 KB · Views: 52
  • 282B802C-E993-41A3-A59B-67B62EDA4DC2.jpeg
    282B802C-E993-41A3-A59B-67B62EDA4DC2.jpeg
    357.2 KB · Views: 55
  • 17C1C8BD-83B6-4BCE-A746-E14374D2A797.jpeg
    17C1C8BD-83B6-4BCE-A746-E14374D2A797.jpeg
    451.6 KB · Views: 55

2500Ram

Reaction score
I wouldn't go in for any reason. Theres a misunderstanding and explaining what actually happened to this guy won't happen. Just kick back and wait at home - you'll probably get your truck quicker that way.

maxx442

Reaction score
Mine moved from July 20th to July 18th today. I was a bit surprised too.

Bigsnowman

Dumb Log Guy
Reaction score
@Bigsnowman (and everyone else who got their MD emails, delivery confirmation etc), CONGRATULATIONS.

MD filled my 50gallon tank as well when I picked up my Laramie from them in May. They are awesome.
BTW - mine is a base model Laramie, not even Level 1, and it came with power folding mirrors. Maybe they screwed up. But they are pretty cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@G'Dave.... When I chatted with Sandy on 10.1, the power fold mirrors were available on a Laramie. Then I went to order the truck on 10.28 and they were not. I chalk that up to the crap show we are now living in. One day something is available, the next it may not be. I've got a number of friends who own businesses and we have all come to that conclusion with supply chain issues. One owns a number of pizza joints. He mentioned last weekend that he never thought it would be so tough to get materials to put together a pizza! It will certainly be interesting to see what happens to options in MY23. Depending on what happens, I've got half a notion to check on one in a few months.

Bigsnowman

Dumb Log Guy
Reaction score
Guess What I Just Got..
@Leadchuncker .... Congrats! When we were there Monday, there was a boat load of vehicles. They needed to use the panic button to find Whitey then find the noise. MD may need to buy dirt. I noticed there is quite a bit out near the airport. They could get a few birds with one stone.

Bigsnowman

Dumb Log Guy
Reaction score
@matemike ... mine was a crap show. It sat built in Saltillo 68 days. Sandy emailed me one morning and said it was still setting and did not now what the hold up was. An hour later she calls and asked if I got the email. I said no, she replied with "good, please disregard it, your truck was loaded on a train yesterday." The next day she emails me with news that it was unloaded in Port Allen. I just commented that must have been the fastest train ever. She just laughed. Bottom line is that no one knew where the truck was, when it was really loaded but they did know when it was unloaded.
Good Luck with the shipping of your new truck!

SGTRAM

Reaction score
I know I post this once a week it feels like but here goes nothing.........
I am sick and tired of waiting. So many things have changed in our personal situation I am having to consider walking away from the truck. Breaks my heart.

Diesel prices, economy, Yada Yada and all the same bull everyone is going through. I know I'm not unique in that.

I have been told so many different things from the dealer I don't know where to even begin to explain. I just want to see some movement.

I am in the same situation as you. I Ordered a 3500 on 12/23/2021 and still don’t have any delivery updates.

The dealer said the truck was supposed to be delivered by the end of July. So many things changed since I ordered this truck. I am also considering walking away from this deal.

5ae0ffb50933eab2044d3f80b02c8145.jpg

Last edited:

Colbyboy23

Reaction score
Back story I placed my order back on 3/24/22 and have been sitting in D1 for sometime now. I had a estimated scheduled build date of 6/11/22 which has come and gone and my estimated build day remains the same to this date. Fast forward to this morning I woke up this morning to a voicemail from my dealer….

“Good morning Mr. _⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_ this is David with Southpoint dodge I’m the inventory manager here the reason for the call is Chrysler asked us to reach out to all of our customers that ordered a vehicle just to verify that you're still moving forward with that order on your 3500 longhorn if you could give me a call back and just let me know your if you are still moving forward with the order. Thank you”

I guess my twice monthly call in to the dealer to keep up on the status of my order has gone unnoticed. Of course I confirmed my interest in my purchase.

That being said I find it odd that Chrysler wanted the dealer to check and see if I still wanted them to continue the special build. I haven’t seen to many posts in the form since March that reflect any similarity to Chryslers request. Must be coming up on the end of production for MY22 and they want to speed things along.

Never post here but very informative forum. Thanks for keeping things real while we all patiently wait out the time.

Users who are viewing this thread