Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Surgdoc4

Reaction score
You sir are one of us esteemed gents. We are all in this together, and one day we will make the campfire get together a reality. God has done strange things to bring us all together, all over trucks and a forum of expectant mothers. Who would have thunk??
@brv10 Could I please have an update on VIN: 3C63R3FL3NG339948 if you have the time.

Thank you for the support
Might be easier calling your dealer. I was D for weeks and recently D1 with ship date 7/27. Nothing has shown on tracking since I registered. Not really sure how this works, maybe I registered wrong.

kevin588127

Reaction score
All I can say, and I have my truck from a dealer in Indiana at least $14000 under Sticker because I put in 30 years for Chrysler not sure MD is not all going to jail its all over the news they are really looking at this
WTH is this all about? If I Google MD, the only thing I find is glowing reviews. If anyone is investigating anything, maybe they should start with the dealers that are marking vehicles up 20k, lol.

killborn

Reaction score
Might be easier calling your dealer. I was D for weeks and recently D1 with ship date 7/27. Nothing has shown on tracking since I registered. Not really sure how this works, maybe I registered wrong.
I have a Canadian order and can’t use the tracker. Dealer has limited info and I check with him frequently, but get the usual no update. My truck has been built and is sitting waiting for a ride for the last couple weeks. I’ve been eager to get news as I was hoping to have it here for a big camping trip we leave for this weekend. That’s clearly not going to be happening with the new truck and my Tundra will have to do the trip one more time before she gets traded.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Ordered April 12 2022, went KZX on July 5th. Picked her up on Saturday!! So far very happy! There is an slight squeak on start up under the truck though that almost sounds like an exhaust leak - but I need to get under there to confirm. Can barely hear it under acceleration though cause the cab is so quiet.
If it's like an exhaust leak, there is a bulletin out for some trucks, reflash.

Last edited:

pacnw1963

Reaction score
When you go D1, your ship "date" is your "ship date" to the next stage in the process, which in your case would be your build date. Crazy how they do that, but that will let you down easier now instead of thinking it is going to ship to your dealer. Also expect that it can change, and probably will. I have never seen it change more than 4 times (in my case it changed 4 times (my, I was one of the lucky ones), then built on the 4th ship date).

Is your vehicle and VIN, order date, and dealer showing up on the tracker? If so, you've done it correctly. The tracker is finicky at best, and requires some human probably on minimum wage (who was relocated from RamChat when the tracker went online) to input the data. It can take days sometimes to update, but eventually it will.

Last edited:

gator6

Reaction score
Now there are two people thoroughly enjoying retirement!!! I'm jealous!

The only thing that would make it more enjoyable is better diesel prices. $6.29 here in the park, wow! I’m glad I filled up in Cody. I have more than enough to get me down to our next stop in Alpine where it’s a bit more manageable around $5.70.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pacnw1963

Reaction score
The only thing that would make it more enjoyable is better diesel prices. $6.29 here in the park, wow! I’m glad I filled up in Cody. I have more than enough to get me down to our next stop in Alpine where it’s a bit more manageable around $5.70.

Wow! It finally dropped below $5 here, currently $4.99

gator6

Reaction score
For what is worth - using the numbers off of our spreadsheet that @OfficerDirtySanchez created (and these are rough numbers as some of the data on the spreadsheet is incomplete because users have not updated him like they should - shame on you!):

1,473 - trucks on the list with full VIN
1,372 - trucks built to date
1,079 - trucks delivered to date
394 - trucks undelivered and stuck somewhere
101 - trucks unbuilt

And the list continues of things we do to pass our time playing the wait game :cool:

It’s worth the wait

gator6

Reaction score
Wow! It finally dropped below $5 here, currently $4.99

That’s what I was telling the wife the other day Shayne. I remember six weeks ago putting $5 diesel in the truck, and here I am putting $5.39 unleaded in the Pacifica as the cost effective option to get around!

pacnw1963

Reaction score
That’s what I was telling the wife the other day Shayne. I remember six weeks ago putting $5 diesel in the truck, and here I am putting $5.39 unleaded in the Pacifica as the cost effective option to get around!

I was joking with mine about how at $5/gal it would cost $725 to fill the 50 gallon tank and my 95 gallon auxiliary tank. At least I would then have the flexibility (some) to shop around or wait for better prices while pulling the 5er. What kind of mileage are you getting pulling your 5er?

gator6

Reaction score
That's what I keep reminding myself of each and every morning I log in to the tracker and see TBD, and change my number of days counting in my signature that I have been at the outside vendors! 55 days and counting... :cool:

I had an old cowboy in Cody, WY stop me and say “that’s a nice truck son”. Everywhere I’ve gone from FL to TX up to SD and out west, at least one person has stopped me and commented about it…bone stock, who’d of thought!

gator6

Reaction score
I was joking with mine about how at $5/gal it would cost $725 to fill the 50 gallon tank and my 95 gallon auxiliary tank. At least I would then have the flexibility (some) to shop around or wait for better prices while pulling the 5er. What kind of mileage are you getting pulling your 5er?

Well, I’m pulling 20k and from Jax to Alexandria I was getting 8.3 by the dash gauge. That’s pretty flat terrain, and I really didn’t see that much difference when I drove into Burleson, TX either. I want to say the elevation change from Jax to DFW is only 700’.

I did drive around a bit in Alexandria, and on paper was getting 17 mpg.

Now when I left Jellystone in Burleson and headed to Amarillo….whoa! It was around 6 mpg! Then again you’re talking about a long six hour climb to like 4,000’ if I remember correctly.

It hauls well, that’s what I bought it for. The safety features have already helped out as an old blue hair almost took this train up the tailpipe not signaling on a downgrade in the pass.

gator6

Reaction score

At least you already have your tank. The ability to grab that much fuel under $6/gal would pay off when I get into WA, and the range hauling would allow me to zigzag in and out of CA to avoid their ridiculous prices.

If I invest in a tank now I wouldn’t be saving anything until our trip to the Northeast maybe next summer. Of course the piece of mind of not running out and planning fuel stops is always nice too, but the wife doesn’t see it that way.

pacnw1963

Reaction score
Well, I’m pulling 20k and from Jax to Alexandria I was getting 8.3 by the dash gauge. That’s pretty flat terrain, and I really didn’t see that much difference when I drove into Burleson, TX either. I want to say the elevation change from Jax to DFW is only 700’.

I did drive around a bit in Alexandria, and on paper was getting 17 mpg.

Now when I left Jellystone in Burleson and headed to Amarillo….whoa! It was around 6 mpg! Then again you’re talking about a long six hour climb to like 4,000’ if I remember correctly.

It hauls well, that’s what I bought it for. The safety features have already helped out as an old blue hair almost took this train up the tailpipe not signaling on a downgrade in the pass.

Thanks for the info Casey! That's about what I figured, and same I was getting with my 2500 with the 5.9L. Give the wife hugs and as always, be safe, continue to enjoy retirement and y'alls trip!

map22364

Reaction score
If anyone has the ability to check this. I'm curious if 3C6UR5TJ9NG318749 has gone KZT yet. Thanks

Bigsnowman

Dumb Log Guy
Reaction score
Well ladies and gentlemen, I finally got to pick Whitey up yesterday! Aaron and Robert at MD were simply fabulous and even filled up the 5o gallon tank! Even Aaron couldn't believe how long it took our friends at Ram to build this truck. During our brief wait, I mentioned to my girls that this was the first dealership I've been in that didn't have a vehicle inside. I also mentioned that this was the first dealership (and probably one of the few businesses) where everyone was upbeat, happy and asked if we had been helped. What a culture they've created at MD! They had also just received an award to be the first CDJR dealership to sell a vehicle in all 50 states. They also mentioned they are currently the number one volume CDJR in the country and had moved somewhere around 555 vehicles last month and that was down a few from the previous month.
As many have mentioned, the truck is way worth the wait. Our friends at Ram carried through enough previous items to make it feel like "home" and added a few to give it that new exciting feel. (I really do think that those of you buying your first Ram will find the controls fairly intuitive.) The last Whitey was a 2016 and was a great truck. I do very much like the way it drives and the H.O./Aisin combination is really nice. The feel of the skinny pedal on the right is far better than the way the '16 came, but not as good as my '16 was after it's weight loss program. The Longhorn package is way swank, especially coming from a BH. (The main reason for the LH over a Laramie was for the power folding mirrors.) The Uconnect 5 seems to be much more responsive and user friendly. Our 14 yo daughter loves the backseat and all options it gives her with the leather, plug ins and cup holders and says she really looking forward to the heated rear seats in just a few months. Last night we found the interior accent lighting on our way home. We've got a few miles to drive on the way home to discover a few more features. And I'm looking forward to getting it back to the shop so we can make it "mine".
While I'm not going anywhere, thanks to @brv10 and @OfficerDirtySanchez for all you do and to everyone else here for the good times while I waited and from this point moving forward!
Anyway...here's a few pictures of Whitey. We ran down to the end of the Mississippi. It's the first time on this end as we only live about 70 miles from the headwaters and are spoiled as we get there whenever we want.

Attachments

• 20220711_194520.jpg
    20220711_194520.jpg
    315.3 KB · Views: 60
  • 20220711_112943.jpg
    20220711_112943.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 60

amauri

Reaction score
Ordered a 3500 CCLB SRW on 1/14/22 and latest update shows that it shipped on July 4th (original ship date was July 3rd)
Getting very anxious and sometimes frustrated not knowing how much longer.

Called RAM customer care today, and even though the agent was very polite and willing to help, he didn't have additional info that I didn't already know.
I'm sure the answer is somewhere here in the previous 1742 pages... but would appreciate it if someone could explain the process of shipping the truck from the Saltillo plant to my dealer in Broken Arrow Oklahoma.
Does it go by train across the border to the closest final destination rail yard, or does it get loaded onto another train at the border?

Thanks

DP340

Reaction score
Starting to get hesitantly excited! Tracker shows that my truck shipped on 7-11. Now I just need to figure out how to get the rail car information to track . I know it is listed in here somewhere, but if anyone could help point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.

Attachments

• 7-12.JPG
    7-12.JPG
    100 KB · Views: 58

Users who are viewing this thread