Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

beckty85

Reaction score
Beautiful truck! Congratulations. Now since you ordered 3 weeks before me in almost the exact same truck, is there any possibility I could take deliver in 3 weeks?

I think NOT... :cool:
I was stuck where you were for a bit too. And honestly I wish i could trade spots with you. I was hoping to do all this In august. I'm leaving for 3-4k miles towing my 5thwheel in 3 days and was all set to just do it with my Mega SRW. Now having the option to take the DRW is awesome but a solid 2 days worth of work, plus going to get it. I moved the delivery to my brothers as I didn't expect it in time for the trip anyways. As of this minute I'm going to get it tonight, Put 2-300 miles on it on the way home, drive it a bit tomorrow and the next day to get close to the first 500 not towing then hitch to the 5th Thursday and do the first 3-500 at 55.

That 50 gallon tank is hard to pass up on a big trip.

pacnw1963

Reaction score
I was stuck where you were for a bit too. And honestly I wish i could trade spots with you. I was hoping to do all this In august. I'm leaving for 3-4k miles towing my 5thwheel in 3 days and was all set to just do it with my Mega SRW. Now having the option to take the DRW is awesome but a solid 2 days worth of work, plus going to get it. I moved the delivery to my brothers as I didn't expect it in time for the trip anyways. As of this minute I'm going to get it tonight, Put 2-300 miles on it on the way home, drive it a bit tomorrow and the next day to get close to the first 500 not towing then hitch to the 5th Thursday and do the first 3-500 at 55.

That 50 gallon tank is hard to pass up on a big trip.
I feel like I am going to be in the same boat as you if mine does not ship within the next 3 weeks! I agree, the 50 gallon tank is much to pass up with prices the way they are, not to mention that new car smell...:)

Slamman18Z

Reaction score
From what I can gather, Service Event - Paper Hanging typically happens around the time the vehicle is done being built and is waiting to get loaded.

What concerns me is the Force Majeure on 6/28. Isn't that around the time of the train derailment? Force Majeure is unforeseeable circumstances that prevent someone from fulfilling a contract. Act of God, train derailment...UGH

Or...I could have no idea what I am talking about! Pondering the possibilities.

@brv10 probably has better insight
I'm glad someone on this thread knew what Force Majeure meant, might have been awhile before anyone could have provided a clue to help @BulldogGK out. I know I will be able to sleep better tonight now that I have added that to my repertoire! Just kiddin' ofcourse, I figured since it's after 5 and I've finished my first beer that it would be alright to slip this one in there.

pacnw1963

Reaction score
I'm glad someone on this thread knew what Force Majeure meant, might have been awhile before anyone could have provided a clue to help @BulldogGK out. I know I will be able to sleep better tonight now that I have added that to my repertoire! Just kiddin' ofcourse, I figured since it's after 5 and I've finished my first beer that it would be alright to slip this one in there.
And now that it’s after 5 here (actually I cheated, 4:30), I no longer think I even remember what it means. Thank you for quoting my post so I could re-read it to remember.

And with that I raise my drink in a toast to all my fellow “waitees” and to my wide-hipped beast lost somewhere in Mexico who I know misses me, but is too scared to admit it!

Leadchuncker

Reaction score
And now that it’s after 5 here (actually I cheated, 4:30), I no longer think I even remember what it means. Thank you for quoting my post so I could re-read it to remember.

And with that I raise my drink in a toast to all my fellow “waitees” and to my wide-hipped beast lost somewhere in Mexico who I know misses me, but is too scared to admit it!
I picked you up a first class ticket and 12 jars of Puddins Best , it’s a variety pack. Just don’t drive over 50mph while heading here..

pacnw1963

Reaction score
I picked you up a first class ticket and 12 jars of Puddins Best , it’s a variety pack. Just don’t drive over 50mph while heading here..
This is after my trip right? If so, I’m in, like Flynn! I needed a trip back to Ft Bragg anyway…82nd Airborne, jumpin’ junkies, and all that… :D

Last edited:

Leadchuncker

Reaction score
This is after my trip right? If so, I’m in, like Flynn!
When’s your trip? You’ll have to come here first so I can put the hitch and everything else on it and get it ceramic coated . Our trip starts on august 11th .

Bragg is around a hour from me

Last edited:

Lettikka

Reaction score
Ordered 05-02-22 so I am a young blood in this thread. Lots of good info. I plan to hang out until the end. I spoke to my sales person today and I don't have a build date yet. However she did offer that all of the HD trucks typically leave Mexico on a boat and are shipped to Baltimore. However the last HD that made its way to the dealership in Lillington NC left Mexico and made its way to the dealership via train all the way from the Mexico plant. This doesn't mean much to me but she indicated it was a significant change in logistics for FCA. This may mean more to some of the guys on here who understand more in depth on the delivery process.

pacnw1963

Reaction score
Ordered 05-02-22 so I am a young blood in this thread. Lots of good info. I plan to hang out until the end. I spoke to my sales person today and I don't have a build date yet. However she did offer that all of the HD trucks typically leave Mexico on a boat and are shipped to Baltimore. However the last HD that made its way to the dealership in Lillington NC left Mexico and made its way to the dealership via train all the way from the Mexico plant. This doesn't mean much to me but she indicated it was a significant change in logistics for FCA. This may mean more to some of the guys on here who understand more in depth on the delivery process.
Welcome aboard! You will learn soon that the delivery process is a crap shoot, at best!

pacnw1963

Reaction score
When’s your trip? You’ll have to come here first so I can put the hitch and everything else on it and get it ceramic coated . Our trip starts on august 11th .

Bragg is around a hour from me
We don’t leave until 9/23, except going the opposite direction. Kids and grandkids are in the Pacific Northwest, and sister and brother in law in San Diego. I was in Bragg from 1980-1985, and last there in 1995. It’s on my bucket list to go back. I have a couple of friends buried there I lost in Grenada and Panama I need to visit.

RandomHero

Reaction score
Ordered April 12 2022, went KZX on July 5th. Picked her up on Saturday!! So far very happy! There is an slight squeak on start up under the truck though that almost sounds like an exhaust leak - but I need to get under there to confirm. Can barely hear it under acceleration though cause the cab is so quiet.

Attachments

• 8D172A4A-9FCA-4D54-95FC-0C70EEDFED9A.jpeg
    8D172A4A-9FCA-4D54-95FC-0C70EEDFED9A.jpeg
    935.6 KB · Views: 54
  • 3039F6DE-95A7-4971-9095-3A875FBA1C06.jpeg
    3039F6DE-95A7-4971-9095-3A875FBA1C06.jpeg
    1,014 KB · Views: 55

Leadchuncker

Reaction score
Ordered April 12 2022, went KZX on July 5th. Picked her up on Saturday!! So far very happy! There is an slight squeak on start up under the truck though that almost sounds like an exhaust leak - but I need to get under there to confirm. Can barely hear it under acceleration though cause the cab is so quiet.
Very nice.. I have to wonder how many PW’s they sold this year , they seem to be very popular and purchased frequently. When I bought mine they only produce low to moderate numbers across the trim levels

QuattroCS

Reaction score
So it was a the dealer, nice, congrats

QuattroCS

Reaction score
Very nice.. I have to wonder how many PW’s they sold this year , they seem to be very popular and purchased frequently. When I bought mine they only produce low to moderate numbers across the trim levels
Screen Shot 2022-07-11 at 21.07.36.png
On the spreadsheet in the forum (total ordered is 1474 units) so its a small percentage - 4.6% of all the orders
2021 39 ordered
2022 29 ordered
total 68 ordered
the other numbers are average times based on orders from the month

Merd 3500

Reaction score
All I can say, and I have my truck from a dealer in Indiana at least $14000 under Sticker because I put in 30 years for Chrysler not sure MD is not all going to jail its all over the news they are really looking at this

slowindown

Reaction score
All I can say, and I have my truck from a dealer in Indiana at least $14000 under Sticker because I put in 30 years for Chrysler not sure MD is not all going to jail its all over the news they are really looking at this

I’m having a hard time parsing this. Can you explain?

Users who are viewing this thread