Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

pacnw1963

Reaction score
I gave up FB 1.5 years ago. Never going back. BTW I feel old. So far the oldest. 70….but still kayaking, riding adventure sport bikes and bicycles…oh yes drink margaritas and eat jalapeños, livin large.
Niiiiice! You’re only as old as you let yourself be! I’m on Facebook for one reason. I have 7 friends: my wife, 4 kids, and 2 grandkids. The wife and I are about to start kayaking again, we miss it

pacnw1963

Reaction score
You are most welcomed. It was my pleasure. I served 1971 to 1999 US Navy, Vietnam and Desert Storm/Desert Shield veteran. I watch all the conversations but don’t say much because I just ordered 6/3 and know it will be while before anything happens with my order.
And don’t let just ordering keep you from this insane chaotic group! There is a wealth of knowledge and sanity, and it makes the wait a little more tolerable. Saddle up, buckle up, and enjoy the wait :cool:

Deltron

Reaction score
Can you imagine towing a 43' 5th-Wheel on the highway, only doing 50MPH! I'm not looking forward to that. going to get
Many pissed-off drivers out there, but Oh Well. Its what we need to do, so....

Dave...
I just got back towing our 25' toy hauler with our 1500 because our dually is in shipping limbo. 3,000 miles, 50 to 55 mph, half on 2 lane which really annoyed other drivers. RAM can claim the 1500 can easily tow 11,400 but the reality is even with an excellent WD hitch, a Hellwig rear sway and tires at max pressure that's a crock. The TH weighed in at 10,200.

Elcorbs

Reaction score
28 years! That is to be commended! I retired after 22 years when my daughter was starting her first year of high school as I was coming down on reassignment orders. She said, “Dad, I just want to go to the same high school for 4 years!” and figured it was time to hang it up!
It is harder on the children then it is on us. That was a good decision on your part. I was on my first assignment after being selected and commissioned an Ensign in the LDO program so I needed to do another 13 years or more to retire comfortably. My daughter started High School when I was stationed at NAS Key West 86-89. My daughter begged me to let her stay with friends so she could graduate in Key West. She was a handful at the time so we made her move to Orange Park Florida with us and graduate there. I think now she realizes that was a good decision. She and her family reside there and she has a great job with Blue Cross of Florida. My wife ended up taking care of both our children and getting them out of high school because of my many deployments. Proud of them both. My son retired from the Air Force in 2017 completing 21 years. My wife had the toughest job raising the children to be good solid citizens which they are. Thank you for your service to this great nation Brother!

mr hankey

Reaction score
They said I could not have 0% interest and the secured original price and that was well over $4500 so no 0% for me. But they tried but Chrysler said one or the other.
Where is this? I just finished my financing with the 0% for 36 months and at the agreed price.
Don’t let them tell you you can’t do both

Elcorbs

Reaction score
I just got back towing our 25' toy hauler with our 1500 because our dually is in shipping limbo. 3,000 miles, 50 to 55 mph, half on 2 lane which really annoyed other drivers. RAM can claim the 1500 can easily tow 11,400 but the reality is even with an excellent WD hitch, a Hellwig rear sway and tires at max pressure that's a crock. The TH weighed in at 10,200.
That is the exact reason I ordered at 3500. I drove 4800 miles pulling a 25’ Mini Lite (6300 lbs) with my 2021 RAM 1500, 11,200 lbs tow but only 1361 payload. What a trip. That Hemi screamed going up the passes getting out of Arizona and continued to scream on the rolling hills of Texas. My wife and I just decided on the return trip to go big so we didn’t have to ever again worry about pulling what ever we may buy in the future. Now to just wait it out like everyone on here has done.

kevin588127

Reaction score
Depends on the load. I've used my 1500 to tow 10900 on a car trailer and it towed pretty easy. I've also used it to tow my 26' toy hauler. At 8500 lbs it's ok but once I put my 2000 lb sxs in it, it is a different experience. The wind drag is one problem but you also need to weight the trailer perfectly if you are going to max tow with a 1500. Can't wait for my 2500 to be delivered.

Merd 3500

Reaction score
Where is this? I just finished my financing with the 0% for 36 months and at the agreed price.
Don’t let them tell you you can’t do both
I don't get it because it's nothing to do with the dealer it's Chrysler credit or whatever its called. Don't see how the dealer cares. But
I will call them this morning. Not borrowing much.

Blanco Tom

Reaction score
Niiiiice! You’re only as old as you let yourself be! I’m on Facebook for one reason. I have 7 friends: my wife, 4 kids, and 2 grandkids. The wife and I are about to start kayaking again, we miss it
Ever get near San Marcos Tx or New Braunfels Tx we have a few nice places to kayak. AND motorcycle riding. Look me up

Last edited:

bmummert26

Reaction score
Updated today shipped…ETA 8/10
My Estimated Delivery changed today from 7/8 to TBD...As far as I know, it is still loaded on a railcar sitting in Mexico. BRV10 was nice enough to tell me the shipping indicates both rail and boat deliveries so fingers cross it shows up in one piece.

killborn

Reaction score
@brv10 Could I please have an update on VIN: 3C63R3FL3NG339948 if you have the time.

Thank you for the support

Nealy065

Reaction score
Called RAMCHAT and actually talked with someone, basically told me nothing still. I asked why several members are stuck at the Midlothian auto park while others are being delivered. I was basically told they don’t know and can’t do anything, I asked about my case escalation and still got no new info, she said it looks like my truck hasn’t moved in several months. So I guess just keep waiting patiently…

Users who are viewing this thread