Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Aero_Dave

Reaction score
Would like that Black Cattle Tan interior as an option for the Limited. Nice truck.
This is exactly why I went with the Longhorn instead of the Limited. I think it’s the Best Looking interior of any 3500 out there. I even considered a loaded Denali but think Ram has them all beat on looks, both inside & out!
Went & did the paperwork yesterday so Tuesday when I go back to pick it up, I’ll just grab the keys & go!
:)

Dave…

Attachments

• E59994B9-D282-4D4F-A86E-5CA739F62DC3.jpeg
    E59994B9-D282-4D4F-A86E-5CA739F62DC3.jpeg
    623.4 KB · Views: 45
  • 682110DB-7C1F-4F68-8E3B-78FB81818900.jpeg
    682110DB-7C1F-4F68-8E3B-78FB81818900.jpeg
    609.7 KB · Views: 44
  • BD298F33-E4D1-4E59-8585-77EB6EB447E8.jpeg
    BD298F33-E4D1-4E59-8585-77EB6EB447E8.jpeg
    592.7 KB · Views: 44

Aero_Dave

Reaction score
So, I went to Lake Charles to pick up my truck today. Got a ride from one of my best friends, who has family there. Got to the MD dealership around Noon, and spoke to Robert Hardesty and Aaron Ginsburg. We did a walk-a-round, adjusted the tire pressures down from 80psi, and noted a blemish on a front chrome piece that I may or may not have replaced. Then I drove home to Houston.
On the drive home I noted the truck would not alert if a vehicle was in a blind spot. Now that I'm home and going through the manuals and build sheets, I can't find anything that says Blind Spot Assistance (BSA) is optional, but I can't find the setting in the UConnect app, either. The truck also appears to be missing Footwell Courtesy Lamps that are part of the Level C package. At this point I'm willing to believe I've not spotted these features yet, but if they turn out to be missing I will be less than pleased.
The settings should be in Uconnect. Here is a screen-shot from the Owners Video link:
15FD5FE3-9F00-44D7-8CCA-466B2CE74137.png

Leadchuncker

Reaction score
per the ram tracker my truck showed up to MD on the 30th. Thats 5 days after coming off the train in Port allen. Was actually hoping it would take longer. I leave for 3k + mile road trip on the 14th . So now hoping to get all the paperwork handled this week and get it shipped. Then put a few 100 miles on it before hitching the 5th wheel to it.
Everyone has told me 500 miles before hooking the camper to it and then to drive like a ole lady for another 500

Aero_Dave

Reaction score
Everyone has told me 500 miles before hooking the camper to it and then to drive like a ole lady for another 500
Yea, the Owners manual say 'Do not tow for the 1st 500 miles, then do not drive over 50MPH towing for 500 miles'
Can you imagine towing a 43' 5th-Wheel on the highway, only doing 50MPH! I'm not looking forward to that. going to get
Many pissed-off drivers out there, but Oh Well. Its what we need to do, so....

Dave...

Sancroix

Reaction score
The settings should be in Uconnect. Here is a screen-shot from the Owners Video link:
View attachment 40560
Thank you for the picture. It's useful as a cross reference and tells me I am looking in the right spot in Uconnect. My menu is missing that line-item feature. Here's a shot from my truck; the lack of a scrollbar on this page indicates these are all the settings available.
I did finally spot the footwell lamps, this morning, they are just diffuse and dim. Now I need to figure out the BSA issue.

1656851404290.jpeg

mr hankey

Reaction score
Mine still says July 6th.. I was hoping for a email saying it’s at MD but no such luck..
Don’t know if you’ll have the same experience but mine showed expected delivery date of 7/4 for quite a while. Then it moved to 7/2 but on 7/1 it changed to TBD. My tracker still says TBD as of this morning too.
Maybe you’ll be sooner!

Aero_Dave

Reaction score
Thank you for the picture. It's useful as a cross reference and tells me I am looking in the right spot in Uconnect. My menu is missing that line-item feature. Here's a shot from my truck; the lack of a scrollbar on this page indicates these are all the settings available.
I did finally spot the footwell lamps, this morning, they are just diffuse and dim. Now I need to figure out the BSA issue.

View attachment 40561
Does your Build Sheet say your truck has this option? Do you have the sensors in your rear bumper as well?
Also don't trust the Ram Tracker, as it still says mine is not Delivered & due on 7/7. But it was delivered yesterday
at my dealer.

Dave...

Bombaman

Reaction score
Now I need to figure out the BSA issue.

You unfortunatley do not have BSM from your build sheet or Window Sticker, you can confirm by checking your tailights, and comparing to the BSM version.
It would be listed as "Blind Spot and Cross Path Detection" on your build sheet

Sancroix

Reaction score
Does your Build Sheet say your truck has this option? Do you have the sensors in your rear bumper as well?
Also don't trust the Ram Tracker, as it still says mine is not Delivered & due on 7/7. But it was delivered yesterday
at my dealer.

Dave...
Looking back at the build sheet I do not see a line item the specifies the blind spot assistance. I hope that does not mean it is not present, because this truck was ordered for towing, and the manual says the trailer merge assist is a function of the blind spot monitoring.

Leadchuncker

Reaction score
Don’t know if you’ll have the same experience but mine showed expected delivery date of 7/4 for quite a while. Then it moved to 7/2 but on 7/1 it changed to TBD. My tracker still says TBD as of this morning too.
Maybe you’ll be sooner!
Maybe they’ll contact me Tuesday or Wednesday.. i kinda wanna think it’s at MD but they haven’t gotten to me yet. Believe I’m past the water breaking part and the pushing begins !

QuattroCS

Reaction score
Looking back at the build sheet I do not see a line item the specifies the blind spot assistance. I hope that does not mean it is not present, because this truck was ordered for towing, and the manual says the trailer merge assist is a function of the blind spot monitoring.
sorry to hear about your woes. for me the option was not available at the factory. i am installing it post delivery. there is a thread that goes over the details. the quickest way to find out it to look at the tail lights.

pacnw1963

Reaction score
per the ram tracker my truck showed up to MD on the 30th. Thats 5 days after coming off the train in Port allen. Was actually hoping it would take longer. I leave for 3k + mile road trip on the 14th . So now hoping to get all the paperwork handled this week and get it shipped. Then put a few 100 miles on it before hitching the 5th wheel to it.
We had just about the same, exact truck ordered through MD and you ordered 3 1/2 weeks before me. I could only hope I would get mine in 3 1/2 weeks, but since I’ve been stuck JB for 46 days now, I’m not holding my breath.

Congratulations on your truck! Send pics!!!

Last edited:

Aero_Dave

Reaction score
Looking online at building a new BH, I don't even see the Blind Spot option available. Did your dealer tell you it was?

Dave...

Sancroix

Reaction score
Looking online at building a new BH, I don't even see the Blind Spot option available. Did your dealer tell you it was?

Dave...
No, blind spot monitoring wasn't something that came up from me or them. I would hope with all the towing options I chose if it needed to be specified it would have been triggered (like ordering 20" wheels triggers 20" rims). I'll write them this weekend and call them Tuesday.

Leadchuncker

Reaction score

Dave...
I looked and it won’t let me add the HO motor with the level c equipment group, doesn’t list the blind spot option ether

Users who are viewing this thread