Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

DMORRIS24

Reaction score
His could go through Chicago, yours could also or stay farther south and go to Detroit.
Thank You! I would love to see the software they use to determine where each car gets placed on the train. The logistics of where cars get pealed off to different train yards or added from different cities along the route in an economical manor would be neat to see.

superjoe83

Reaction score
Is anyone watching the frequency/schedule for trains departing Saltillo coming north?

I wonder if the average number of trucks being shipped exceeds or lags the average number of trucks being manufactured?

Lastly, I went KZ on 6/20. What's the typical wait time between KZ and KZM?

There is definitely more trucks being made vs. shipped, a couple weeks ago someone posted a email he got from his dealer stating that there are more than 20k trucks sitting in storage lots waiting for a train or something else, the factory was running out of room to park trucks. I don't know if that has improved since then

Jfletcher73

Reaction score
My truck has taken a hell of a journey. It left Mexico (6/9), went to Eagle Pass, San Antonio, Temple, "Alliance", Oklahoma City, Arkansas City Kansas, back to Oklahoma City and now Tulsa. Alliance is it's destination if it ever gets back.

matemike

Reaction score
UP says my rail car will be at “Industry” on June 28th. I assume that is Port Allen, LA being a Mark Dodge order.

From there I’m really hoping my dealer can get the truck expedited onto a flat bed since it sat in delayed storage for over three months after being built and ready to ship.

GreenYota

Reaction score
Anyone mind looking up a Canadian order please? Or maybe telling me where I could look for it too since the tracker does not work for us? Last I heard was KZLD beginning of this month. 3C63R3RL9NG311549. Thanks in advance!

Mobrules

Reaction score
I have no I idea if this is true but what I was told by a dealer manager. I was asking about the large backup of trucks built sitting for months in Mexico.
He said the lots they are stored at are armed guard lots to prevent theft of parts. He also said the trains that do ship out from the lots are required to have armed guards until they get a certain distance into the US.
So along with the shortage of rail there is also a shortage of guards to get across the border.

Once again I'm just repeating what was explained to me. If this isn't accurate sorry.

Badgerfan

Reaction score
Truck arrived 6/17/2022. Thank you everyone who helped in this group. I unfortunately chose to not take the truck. The dealer was decent enough to give me my deposit back. I had several trips planned for April/May/June and bought a used 19 Chevy Duramax to get me by. The truck does what I need (pull a camper) for over 30 grand less. With the economy and higher interest rates, I just didn't want to take on the higher truck payments.

So if anyone wants a 2500HD Ram Laramie Gas, its at the Medford Chrysler center in Wisconsin. It's a beautiful truck inside and out. Good luck to everyone else that has trucks ordered, it's a long process that really tests your patience. I am not sure I will ever order a truck again, I would much rather shop the dealers lo. Hopefully, inventory comes back to years past. Heck, it would be better if the prices would come back to years past. lol.

Again, thanks to @OfficerDirtySanchez and @brv10 for the help. Hope I didn't miss anyone.

I was line 1077 on the spreadsheet if anyone is interested in the build sheet or sticker.

Attachments

• ram22.jpg
    ram22.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 49

Randy1021

Reaction score
Ordered Nov 21 …. I’d probably done told someone to stick that up their A$$ !!!
I've thought about it many times. But, with the prices dealers are getting at MSRP or over, I figured it was just better to bite the bullet and wait. Of course interest rates climbing has put a dent into the money saved by ordering. I've gotten a little more impatient over the past 30 days as I've got a new 5th wheel sitting in a dealers lot waiting for me to pick up once I get the truck.

killborn

Reaction score
Exciting day for this Canadian order. Equipment listing just went live and truck was built as ordered. As of yesterday it was I, I am guessing it is now in J and very much hoping for a spot on a train soon.
Order date 01/13/22 3500 4x4 Limited Longhorn 6.4 with Level 1, Safety Group and Towing tech group.

SidneyMafia

Reaction score
The Tradesman 3500 hostage has been set free from its south of the border captors...after 4 months and six days.

On 06/14/2022 at 4:38 AM the hostage was loaded into railcar #TTGX707560 and headed for Denver. Today, I had proof of life and confirmation from my dealer in Sidney, Ne. that the hostage is in Muskogee, Ok the “Garden Spot” of Oklahoma I’m told. From there, a painfully slow and careful journey through beautiful and scenic Midwest making its way towards Kansas City, then onto Denver with an arrival date of June 28th. Hopefully a quick debriefing before its loaded and sent onto Sidney, Ne where it will arrive in my loving and gentle arms. The wife will be on the couch the night it arrives. :)

The Real Glee

Reaction score
I've thought about it many times. But, with the prices dealers are getting at MSRP or over, I figured it was just better to bite the bullet and wait. Of course interest rates climbing has put a dent into the money saved by ordering. I've gotten a little more impatient over the past 30 days as I've got a new 5th wheel sitting in a dealers lot waiting for me to pick up once I get the truck.
My order date was 3/30 still D status. Bought our 5th wheel in March had to pay to get it delivered home. I feel ya. I’m hopeful the truck will meet the trailer by October/November???

Stacie S.

Reaction score
Just got a call from our salesman. He said the Port of Baton Rouge told him that the vehicle should be at the dealership by this evening. He said "if it isn't, I'm going to go get it and bring it here myself because this is ridiculous...and we are going to go over it with a fine-toothed comb to make sure there is no damage." I told him that we would also be inspecting it closely and he said "you better, and I would expect nothing less from y'all. These vehicles cost too much to not make sure they are in perfect condition and worth the prices these days." So, we may actually finally have possession of the truck tomorrow evening or Saturday. I don't leave work until 7 p.m. and would have to drive an hour home to pick up my husband and then another hour back to the dealer, so may not be until Saturday.

mball11

Reaction score
While I haven't posted in the thread before, I've been reading along since mid-Feb. I learned a lot along the way about the process of placing a sold order. Put my order in back on 3/2 with Granger (would highly recommend as they gave me a great price compared with the local dealers) and just took delivery yesterday. Going to take a little getting used to as I'm graduating from a 1/2 ton. Thank you to all the contributors that made this process as fun as possible. Glad I wasn't in too much of a hurry :).

P.S. if anyone in Eastern NE or Western IA is interested in a well cared for 2011 Outdoorsman, one owner & 118K, let me know.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    539 KB · Views: 31

Bombaman

Reaction score
Well my delivery date just changed from 6/27 to 7/6………… Looks like I’m canceling a camping trip
Noooooo, you were the chosen one. You were supposed to have the truck delivered not push it out two weeks

So far mine is the same, but in the same boat that we have to cancel/postpone if it's not received by the 1st. Did she at least confirm it's in Port Allen?

Leadchuncker

Reaction score
Noooooo, you were the chosen one. You were supposed to have the truck delivered not push it out two weeks

So far mine is the same, but in the same boat that we have to cancel/postpone if it's not received by the 1st. Did she at least confirm it's in Port Allen?
It’s setting at Port Allen and has been since June 11th. Sandi did say the eta is between now and July 6th but has no idea when it’ll get to them or if the new delivery date will change again.

AFF

Reaction score
Exciting day for this Canadian order. Equipment listing just went live and truck was built as ordered. As of yesterday it was I, I am guessing it is now in J and very much hoping for a spot on a train soon.
Order date 01/13/22 3500 4x4 Limited Longhorn 6.4 with Level 1, Safety Group and Towing tech group.

Mine went from the factory to Edmonton in roughly 2 weeks. Hopefully yours goes as smooth. I just see my Limited early next week in Yellowknife.

Users who are viewing this thread