Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

SaylessRam

Reaction score
Celebrating one month in the Midlothian Auto Park! I'll be impressed if I see my 22 before the end of August, but I'm excited for the official release of the 23s so I can place my order and get ahead of the queue this next time.

99mo

Reaction score
Celebrating one month in the Midlothian Auto Park! I'll be impressed if I see my 22 before the end of August, but I'm excited for the official release of the 23s so I can place my order and get ahead of the queue this next time.
That has to be tough. But the more I read about the 23's, it has my attention. Seriously considering doing the same thing. If the values hold, why not if it is a better model for choice.

2500Ram

Reaction score
Well, how screwed up are our RR's? Now I am seeing vehicles being shipped to Port Allen by truck, Laredo to Midlothian to Port Allen
Ughhhhh thats the route you said my truck has taken but stopped at Midlothian. I can only assume now we are going to Port Allen on mine instead of anything efficient like a car carrier to Virginia :SAD:

2500Ram

Reaction score
We are in the same boat...if they take orders on 23's I guess it would be wise to pay a deposit and order one. Seeing the only changes being digital cluster (not that impressive or important), mirrors (let them sort out the inevitable broken gears for a couple years), and a hood (not on most of the models and nothing impressive) makes me think I won't order a 23. Wouldn't make any sense to open a can of worms ever again...particularly for the same truck plus some Pepboys mods glued on in Mexico.

SaylessRam

Reaction score
We are in the same boat...if they take orders on 23's I guess it would be wise to pay a deposit and order one. Seeing the only changes being digital cluster (not that impressive or important), mirrors (let them sort out the inevitable broken gears for a couple years), and a hood (not on most of the models and nothing impressive) makes me think I won't order a 23. Wouldn't make any sense to open a can of worms ever again...particularly for the same truck plus some Pepboys mods glued on in Mexico.
So unpopular opinion here: I feel that the digital cluster alone is the biggest reason to wait for the 23. Had a BMW recently with the digital cluster and HUD and absolutely fell in love. I understand people griping about more tech being bad, but the experience with seeing maps live in front of you, music, speed, etc. all at the time was much nicer than looking at a radio or convincing a passenger to go through it for you.

But hey, we still don't have 100% confirmation of any of these features yet so it'll be worth waiting it out to see the full change list here in the future. Until then, I'm here waiting on my 22 which I'm convinced is hiding from me.

2500Ram

Reaction score
So unpopular opinion here: I feel that the digital cluster alone is the biggest reason to wait for the 23. Had a BMW recently with the digital cluster and HUD and absolutely fell in love. I understand people griping about more tech being bad, but the experience with seeing maps live in front of you, music, speed, etc. all at the time was much nicer than looking at a radio or convincing a passenger to go through it for you.

But hey, we still don't have 100% confirmation of any of these features yet so it'll be worth waiting it out to see the full change list here in the future. Until then, I'm here waiting on my 22 which I'm convinced is hiding from me.
You make good points. Perhaps I would like the cluster. Now the next question would be where its used. I thought I saw its on the Limited...my taste for trucks is capped on price and the Laramie grade is the highest I am currently willing to pay for lol.

SaylessRam

Reaction score
You make good points. Perhaps I would like the cluster. Now the next question would be where its used. I thought I saw its on the Limited...my taste for trucks is capped on price and the Laramie grade is the highest I am currently willing to pay for lol.
I could easily see it being similar to the 12" radio upgrade. On Longhorn Lvl 1 and Limited Lvl 1 they'll include it in that grouping, or you can select it as an addon separately similar to the radio. I'm sure they'll include it as a media group or something of that sort. Based on prior experience, BMW included theirs in either a package with other options, or you could add it independently.

Would be a really big missed opportunity to not offer it on Laramie & up, time will certainly tell.

matemike

Reaction score
Well, how screwed up are our RR's? Now I am seeing vehicles being shipped to Port Allen by truck, Laredo to Midlothian to Port Allen
Dude I would take it!
At least there would be movement. Been sitting for 92 days now in a lot in Saltillo and I’m getting desperate. Gotta be something going on, and gotta something that can be done to get us our trucks .

OldJeepsNewTrucks

Reaction score

drodegeb

Reaction score
Just did the trace again this morning for the train car. It's estimated arrival at "Industry" is now 6/10 instead of 6/8.. So mostly likely getting it next week, hopefully it doesn't delay past next week...

SaylessRam

Reaction score
Dude I would take it!
At least there would be movement. Been sitting for 92 days now in a lot in Saltillo and I’m getting desperate. Gotta be something going on, and gotta something that can be done to get us our trucks .
I may be reading this wrong, so if @brv10 has any knowledge, it'd be greatly appreciated. However, by the looks of it, my truck was shipped via truck to TX, where it's going to be shipped back via truck to Mexico, to load a railcar where it'll eventually make it home to me. I may have that completely backwards, but if I'm even remotely close, it looks like they're being moved around to different "holding yards" until issues at the plant can clear up enough for them to officially ship them out.

Again, this is just based of a dealer screenshot and my random guesses, I really hope my guess is wrong.

1654530445323.png

2500Ram

Reaction score
I could easily see it being similar to the 12" radio upgrade. On Longhorn Lvl 1 and Limited Lvl 1 they'll include it in that grouping, or you can select it as an addon separately similar to the radio. I'm sure they'll include it as a media group or something of that sort. Based on prior experience, BMW included theirs in either a package with other options, or you could add it independently.

Would be a really big missed opportunity to not offer it on Laramie & up, time will certainly tell.
Lets see what happens theres a chance we'll have both a 22 and 23 to deal with in the end of this lol. The screen already gives you everything minus the gauges being digital I believe. I know navigation and such is there. Time will tell!

SaylessRam

Reaction score
Lets see what happens theres a chance we'll have both a 22 and 23 to deal with in the end of this lol. The screen already gives you everything minus the gauges being digital I believe. I know navigation and such is there. Time will tell!
I'm just anxiously waiting for the release pricing and options for these 23's and it'll be on order. About to ditch the 22 entirely as I continue to see newer builds ship while mine sits "TBD."

2500Ram

Reaction score
I'm just anxiously waiting for the release pricing and options for these 23's and it'll be on order. About to ditch the 22 entirely as I continue to see newer builds ship while mine sits "TBD."
This is a bold plan! I don't know if I can follow because I am truckless at a really really bad time. Per the 8-12 week delivery timeline I sold my 2018 and thought I would use my other vehicles in a light duty capacity until the 22 comes. Well the 22 never came and I am up poops creek now. I hope you are able to ditch the 22 if you want - I see no reason not to grab a 23 if this leads into that ordering period. That being said we are 4 months from them potentially opening ordering for 23s and most like 5 months from what they told me.

matemike

Reaction score
I may be reading this wrong, so if @brv10 has any knowledge, it'd be greatly appreciated. However, by the looks of it, my truck was shipped via truck to TX, where it's going to be shipped back via truck to Mexico, to load a railcar where it'll eventually make it home to me. I may have that completely backwards, but if I'm even remotely close, it looks like they're being moved around to different "holding yards" until issues at the plant can clear up enough for them to officially ship them out.

Again, this is just based of a dealer screenshot and my random guesses, I really hope my guess is wrong.

View attachment 39091
I do like how one column on that sheet says shippable, and the block under it says Yes. I would love to know if my sheets says that. @brv10

SaylessRam

Reaction score
This is a bold plan! I don't know if I can follow because I am truckless at a really really bad time. Per the 8-12 week delivery timeline I sold my 2018 and thought I would use my other vehicles in a light duty capacity until the 22 comes. Well the 22 never came and I am up poops creek now. I hope you are able to ditch the 22 if you want - I see no reason not to grab a 23 if this leads into that ordering period. That being said we are 4 months from them potentially opening ordering for 23s and most like 5 months from what they told me.
I "needed" my truck back in March/April, I build them for show season (April - September) and I've missed about half a dozen so far. It's not what most people on here use their trucks for, so I can't necessarily say I "need" mine, but it's part of my hobby for sure. Sold my old truck back in December thinking it'd be a quick 8-12 week wait, polar opposite. I've got a feeling I'll be in the 7 month range by the time this is all said and done.
I do like how one column on that sheet says shippable, and the block under it says Yes. I would love to know if my sheets says that. @brv10
The longer I stare at that sheet, the more annoyed I get. Especially the "shippable" column. It blows my mind they don't even have a rough timeframe of when they expect it *might* ship out.

Jfletcher73

Reaction score
I wouldn't get too excited about the "tes" under shippable. Beggining of last week, mine said no. Friday/Saturday it said yes and today is back to no

matemike

Reaction score
I wouldn't get too excited about the "tes" under shippable. Beggining of last week, mine said no. Friday/Saturday it said yes and today is back to no
Weird for sure. Makes you wonder if it is shippable, then they take a part off your truck to make another one ready. So your is not shippable. Then replace that part so it goes back to shippable, then a repeat. You get the idea. I wouldn’t put it past them at this point . Who dafuq knows what’s going on down there.

But how do you see that sheet regularly? Bug your dealer for it?

Users who are viewing this thread