Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

rommel

Reaction score
My dealer just emailed me and said I am KZLD and is waiting to be loaded on the train.... My truck is heading to California. I am optimistic I see it in ~ 4 weeks.

Leadchuncker

Reaction score
So I'm KZLD "delayed status " whatever delayed status means ... not sure as of when but that's what I was told today . Not sure the line number it changes frequently

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
It’s built and waiting for a train ride, same as mine.

Leadchuncker

Reaction score
After talking to the guy that does Mark Dodge ceramic coats yesterday he told me trucks set in the rail yard till a big load goes to Louisiana. Theirs a good and bad part to this. If you ordered through a high volume dealer the shipping could happen sooner then it does for a low volume dealer.. His Words..
It does seem to be the case though…

IowaPW

Reaction score
After talking to the guy that does Mark Dodge ceramic coats yesterday he told me trucks set in the rail yard till a big load goes to Louisiana. Theirs a good and bad part to this. If you ordered through a high volume dealer the shipping could happen sooner then it does for a low volume dealer.. His Words..
It does seem to be the case though…
How does this explain some MD orders being delivered but others not? I've seen some later orders delivered while earlier orders not. And, these are built trucks.

Leadchuncker

Reaction score
How does this explain some MD orders being delivered but others not? I've seen some later orders delivered while earlier orders not. And, these are built trucks.
Only thing I can think of is they are built but missing some parts and waiting or they didn’t pass inspection for some reason, or they have damage and waiting to be fixed.? I’ve often wondered if people have some kind of life changing event and cancel or change their order after it’s been submitted. What happens to those trucks ?

pacnw1963

Reaction score
Only thing I can think of is they are built but missing some parts and waiting or they didn’t pass inspection for some reason, or they have damage and waiting to be fixed.? I’ve often wondered if people have some kind of life changing event and cancel or change their order after it’s been submitted. What happens to those trucks ?
It is the dealer who makes the order. Canceled orders are still invoiced to the dealer and they take delivery, then turn around and sell at a higher price and get to keep the forfeited deposit. @IowaPW is correct - there is no explanation, other than high column dealers being taken care of. And even that is a guess. The individuals who have waited ridiculously long times on built trucks are all KZLD…they have no damage, no missing parts, no anything or they would never make it to KZLD. It would be some other code.

I go back to my adage I have always said from my first post - who knows? Could be a thousand possibilities, but in my humble opinion, there is no rhyme or reason or explanation…LOL. The 1,500+ members of this one forum have been all trying to figure out that formula for months now, me included!

It’s been a heck of a ride, I’ve met some really great people here, @gator6, @brv10, @IowaPW, @OfficerDirtySanchez, @John Jensen, @beckty85 to name a few and eventually, I’m going to get my wide-hipped beast that I ordered.

Saddle up, buckle up, and enjoy the ride - life’s to short for anything else :cool:

Last edited:

IowaPW

Reaction score
It is the dealer who makes the order. Canceled orders are still invoiced to the dealer and they take delivery, then turn around and sell at a higher price and get to keep the forfeited deposit. @IowaPW is correct - there is no explanation, other than high column dealers being taken care of. And even that is a guess. The individuals who have waited ridiculously long times on built trucks are all KZLD…they have no damage, no missing parts, no anything or they would never make it to KZLD. It would be some other code.

I go back to my adage I have always said from my first post - who knows? Could be a thousand possibilities, but in my humble opinion, there is no rhyme or reason or explanation…LOL. The 1,500+ members of this one forum have been all trying to figure out that formula for months now, me included!

It’s been a heck of a ride, I’ve met some really great people here, @gator6, @brv10, @IowaPW, @OfficerDirtySanchez, @John Jensen, @beckty85 to name a few and eventually, I’m going to get my wide-hipped beast that I ordered.

Saddle up, buckle up, and enjoy the ride - life’s to short for anything else :cool:
You better post some pics of said "wide-hipped beast" when it arrives. Gonna be sweet!!

2500Ram

Reaction score
From my understanding and what I've heard through the grapevine, some trucks are being shipped via truck currently due to the railcar system shortages? I've heard from my local dealer this is something they're doing to hope to speed up transportation. Wasn't sure if it was legitimate or not, but they claimed they'd received a truck load of Jeep's this way this past week.
Mine did exactly that. It went from Mexico to Laredo Texas by Truck. Then to a train yard outside Dallas/FT Worth by truck. Given the fact that I can book a transporter tomorrow, and for a reasonable rate (I do this for a living) to bring the truck directly from TX to Maryland you'd think all these train delays could be washed away in a few night with trucks moving these vehicles. Not to mention how much faster RAM would get to revenue if they would move this huge backlog by truck real quick. Train would still move the masses when its back to efficiency but for now we could resolve this logjam with trucks.

IowaPW

Reaction score

And, more important than all that...thank you for your service sir! It's because of you that we can have all the freedoms and liberties that we have today.

pacnw1963

Reaction score
You better post some pics of said "wide-hipped beast" when it arrives. Gonna be sweet!!
I bought my 2006 Long Horn QCLB 5.9 Cummins brand new from the dealership, and when I came home, my then young kids heard the diesel and saw the size of it, and instantly called it “The Beast”. The name stuck, and now that I’m getting my “dream” DRW, I plan to carry the name forward! They’re adults now, but it always brings back great memories…

pacnw1963

Reaction score
And, more important than all that...thank you for your service sir! It's because of you that we can have all the freedoms and liberties that we have today.
Thank you. I feel embarrassed saying that, I feel I should thank you for my service-they we’re the best 22 years of my life! I met and fought next to some of the greatest people, but I continue to still meet great people, even after retirement.

Bd2022Ram

Reaction score
Dealer called today, have a window sticker and the truck has shipped, but delayed in winston salem, but atleast its in the states and on its way to wv. Going on vacation next week, so maybe when i get back it'll be in!!!
3C6UR5FL0NG323058

Leadchuncker

Reaction score

I’m waiting on my dually as well. I did get excited to get the equipment sheet, then the window sticker and then to find out it’s built and waiting on the train.. Hopefully the wait time will pass but it is what it is … It’ll show up sooner or later

Users who are viewing this thread