Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

G rams

Reaction score
Finally, after 3 slips on 3 banana peels causing later dates on my build, the truck is officially built and in paint as of today!!! SA-WEET!!!

Ordered: 3/10/2022
VIN: 3/14/2022
D: 3/17/2022
D1: 3/25/2022
1st Est Build Date: 4/26/2022
2nd Est Build Date: 5/2/2022
3rd Est Build Date: 5/15/2022
Built: 5/19/2022

And the ball continues to roll down the hill :cool: I'm sure there will be some more up hills where it come to a stop or at least lose momentum.
Congrats...Ordered Sept 13 2021 still in D.

IowaPW

Reaction score
Finally, after 3 slips on 3 banana peels causing later dates on my build, the truck is officially built and in paint as of today!!! SA-WEET!!!

And the ball continues to roll down the hill :cool: I'm sure there will be some more up hills where it come to a stop or at least lose momentum.
Great news. Paint is the 2nd stage. It will go through general assembly and mate to the frame after that.

4FOXS8K

Reaction score
Well guys sorry I haven’t posted in a lil while here is my update. Was told may 7th that the truck arrived at MD and it would be a few days to get it prepped. Aaron hit me up pretty quick to let me know that the receiving guys removed my plastic wraps on all my interior which I was a little disappointed in but it’s not the worst thing ever.

On the 10th I started working with Dale to get the financial aspect knocked out. That took a few days as I had to sell off my 300S. Wait for the check from dealer (2 days), deposited check and have funds clear (5 days because it was deposited after 3 on a friday). I decided to have truck shipped to San Diego. Flight prices, diesel, and miles being put on truck helped that decision.

The logistics dept at MD helped set up a driver and had the truck loaded for delivery on Tuesday night. They found me a great quote ($1600 cash) and said that they took videos and pictures and driver took the same in case anything happens. They said if something did happen then they will be handling the bill with transport to get it corrected using my local dealership. Cross fingered that doesn’t happen. They even filled up the truck before it was loaded. Almost $7 a gallon for it here in San Diego. I actually enjoy the RAM app as it shows me my fuel, mileage left before empty, and where it is while it’s being delivered. It is set to be here tomorrow morning and I’m very much looking forward to it. I’ll post up pics after it arrives.

Attachments

• 954F4BE5-9674-435C-96C9-810B848830FE.png
    954F4BE5-9674-435C-96C9-810B848830FE.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 48

pacnw1963

Reaction score
Great news. Paint is the 2nd stage. It will go through general assembly and mate to the frame after that.
Well, don’t I feel like a dunce! LOL! How else would they be able to paint the underside metal? Thanks for clearing that up for me @IowaPW , I appreciate it

IowaPW

Reaction score
Well, don’t I feel like a dunce! LOL! How else would they be able to paint the underside metal? Thanks for clearing that up for me @IowaPW , I appreciate it
Anytime! It is pretty exciting. Probably getting pretty close by now. If it gets through Trim today, maybe you will get an equipment listing overnight!

Leadchuncker

Reaction score
Mine has been waiting on a train ride since march 14 th hopefully soon .
I talked to the guy that does their ceramic coat work, told him it was waiting on a train ride and he said they’ll hold the trucks till they have a full load going to Mark Dodge then send them all together. I know a lot have been waiting for a while and maybe the trucks that were just built and waiting will make a load..

gator6

Reaction score

You may have it before July 4th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gator6

Reaction score

Looks amazing! I ran over to the house at 2100 to grab my daughter’s 147mm telescope, but found out she had packed the eye pieces! The joys of moving!

I was talking to another HD owner, Steve, on Facebook about it being overcast where he was. Just as I sent my reply, a cloud came in and hung out during totality. I figured I had reached my limit…meaning the fridge was empty…and I gave up and went to bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Illymost

Reaction score
Well guys sorry I haven’t posted in a lil while here is my update. Was told may 7th that the truck arrived at MD and it would be a few days to get it prepped. Aaron hit me up pretty quick to let me know that the receiving guys removed my plastic wraps on all my interior which I was a little disappointed in but it’s not the worst thing ever.

On the 10th I started working with Dale to get the financial aspect knocked out. That took a few days as I had to sell off my 300S. Wait for the check from dealer (2 days), deposited check and have funds clear (5 days because it was deposited after 3 on a friday). I decided to have truck shipped to San Diego. Flight prices, diesel, and miles being put on truck helped that decision.

The logistics dept at MD helped set up a driver and had the truck loaded for delivery on Tuesday night. They found me a great quote ($1600 cash) and said that they took videos and pictures and driver took the same in case anything happens. They said if something did happen then they will be handling the bill with transport to get it corrected using my local dealership. Cross fingered that doesn’t happen. They even filled up the truck before it was loaded. Almost $7 a gallon for it here in San Diego. I actually enjoy the RAM app as it shows me my fuel, mileage left before empty, and where it is while it’s being delivered. It is set to be here tomorrow morning and I’m very much looking forward to it. I’ll post up pics after it arrives.
When does the Ram App start showing you things like fuel and mileage? When it is delivered or earlier?

IowaPW

Reaction score
When does the Ram App start showing you things like fuel and mileage? When it is delivered or earlier?
Only after the dealer has activated the truck. Most likely not until you have signed paperwork and own it.

Rickduu

Reaction score
I thought my order date was bad (12/31/21) I got nothing on you. what if everyone start calling random dealers asking for the statues of you vin? Think that would raise a red flag?
I thought mine was a **** show. I ordered mine from a dealer in northern NJ on 10-29-21 and the salesman kept telling me it should be here in mid feb, then end of March then April. If I knew what I’ve learned from here back in October I would have ordered the truck elsewhere.

Skurtz036

Reaction score
Got an email from Chapman, truck has landed in twin oaks awaiting short ride to dealer for pdi. The way he worded it made it sounded like it was already en route to dealer….hopefully soon!

Tannercox14

Reaction score
Called mopar today and they told me that mine should start production very soon and they added me to a list to get emails for updates when they get them

Rickduu

Reaction score
well it's official picked up my truck today. bumper was fixed no car fax of damage as of today. 83,591.00 otd for a loaded laramie drw h.o. they gave me a full 50 gallons of fuel. I believe they even put the Interior protection on for free cause spots were missed on doors and folding bench seat. dealer said he would redo the Interior protection. which they did for free. overall happy buying experience from southern ram in norfolk va. they tried to sell me some aftermarket warranty for 1900 and I said no. aws I think it was. thanks for everyone's help on this forum . no pedal lag on this ho. the first build came in and was a dog this one wakes right up with the touch of the pedal. thinking about returning the .nib banks pedal monster I have. wife had the lady that works there put the bow on while I was in finance thought that was cool. didn't even know she had it.
Congratulations on your new truck, I see that you declined an aftermarket warranty offer. I’m new to having a diesel truck and don’t know much about which warranties I should include and which ones I should pass on, when you have a moment can you help me with what they offer and which ones I should definitely accept and which ones I could pass on.

IowaPW

Reaction score
Called mopar today and they told me that mine should start production very soon and they added me to a list to get emails for updates when they get them
Don't get your hopes up too high from this. Many have heard those same comments for months and never received any emails when the status changes. Not trying to burst your bubble, but those are canned responses from them.

Rickduu

Reaction score
Afternoon. Completely new here but I’m out of options. I ordered my 2022 ram 3500 Oct 31st. The truck hit “shipment status” march 14th. Then had to deal with and “update” to their ETA system. My truck is literally sitting there in Saltillo, Mexico ready for shipment. Is anyone else dealing with this? I can’t get an answer for an ETA for my dealership.
I’m dealing with the exact same thing. I ordered mine from a dealer in northern NJ on October 29th. The latest update I have is that the truck is on railcar waiting to be shipped to Kansas City. ETA 6/3-6/21.

Users who are viewing this thread