Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

desertskier

Reaction score
I don't remember setting up an account with UConnect5..... I didn't signup for SeriousRadioCrap! or any of RAM Accounts or WIFI or any of the free for 6 months accounts because you have to provide a credit card or debit card so they can use your card at their convenience. Yes! I know these services are free for 6 months, but I don't need these services as I already know the recommended service schedules required to maintain a vehicle in good working order.
My truck is still at the dealership but I downloaded the app before I take delivery and can see the information you mentioned. I did not provide any payment info to get the app. So if I can see it then I'm sure the manufacturer can. Also, I don't think you have to give any CC info for the free trials until they expire and you want to extend them.

Last edited:

matemike

Reaction score
Oh man.... Would the Dealer let you put in another order? If the original shows up before the new one you get it, and if it shows up after it becomes dealer stock? If it doesnt show up at all i'm sure the dealer/factory/manufacturer would sort something out.
Eh, I’m not to the point yet of asking any of that.

I would not reorder though, I can tell ya that much.

I was really hoping to have a HD truck before hurricane season.
One, so it is not sitting at port Allen or in transit and gets smacked by a Cat 5.
Two, because at my work when we have named storms in the Gulf we haul our pilot boats out of the water. My new truck would come in handy, no doubt.

Shoot, being a Dec order I was hoping to have it by now for a least few camping trips hauling my 7,000lb camper before it gets too hot. In S.Texas we camp in the fall, winter, and spring. Not at all in the summer. At least I don’t. Wiffed on having the truck before summer.

Last edited:

Bombaman

Reaction score
You could of requested the Connected Services Delete $250 credit during the order phase, those seem to get built pretty darn quick too!

arx237

Reaction score
I don't remember setting up an account with UConnect5..... I didn't signup for SeriousRadioCrap! or any of RAM Accounts or WIFI or any of the free for 6 months accounts because you have to provide a credit card or debit card so they can use your card at their convenience. Yes! I know these services are free for 6 months, but I don't need these services as I already know the recommended service schedules required to maintain a vehicle in good working order.
You were signed up for the trial by your dealer. Should have got a welcome email from them too.

Fyi Uconnect is separate from sxm.

You do not need a credit card unless you wish to renew. I have not even see a place to store credit card info in the account page.

Again if you dont want telematics or info gathering do a deep dive into the privacy policy on the uconnect page and follow the instructions therin to opt out of ALL collection from FCA.

2500Ram

Reaction score
My truck is still at the dealership but I downloaded the app before I take delivery and can see the information you mentioned. I did not provide any payment info to get the app. So if I can see it then I'm sure the manufacturer can. Also, I don't think you have to give any CC info for the free trials until they expire and you want to extend them.
Which app are you using? I just downloaded the RAM app and put in my VIN but because my truck is in transit I can't do what it tells me to do on the screen. Is there a work around where I could see my truck on the app while its moving toward me?

IowaPW

Reaction score
Which app are you using? I just downloaded the RAM app and put in my VIN but because my truck is in transit I can't do what it tells me to do on the screen. Is there a work around where I could see my truck on the app while its moving toward me?
No...you don't own it yet. @desertskier did you already "buy" the truck?

AFF

Reaction score
Are you a Canadian order? There are many here that stay in B* for quite a while. Sorry if that's been asked. Not sure what's holding you up. Good luck.
Yeah, it takes a long ass time for Us Canadians. Ordered Oct 19 (202 days ago) stayed in B*, went to D in January some time, Then D1 April 27 with shipping June 1 hopefully.

IowaPW

Reaction score
Yeah, it takes a long ass time for Us Canadians. Ordered Oct 19 (202 days ago) stayed in B*, went to D in January some time, Then D1 April 27 with shipping June 1 hopefully.
Ah...man! I feel for ya!

99mo

Reaction score
So, what is the issue for Canadian orders? Having read many posts, it does appear that on average the north of the border rigs are taking much longer.

desertskier

Reaction score
No...you don't own it yet. @desertskier did you already "buy" the truck?
I am in the process of buying it. RAM sent several emails after I was contacted by MD and had signed the paperwork but no funds had been sent yet. One of them asked me to enroll in RAM Connect. After enrolling I downloaded the app.

AFF

Reaction score
So, what is the issue for Canadian orders? Having read many posts, it does appear that on average the north of the border rigs are taking much longer.

I read that Canada dealers don't have allocation in the ordering line or something like that. Don't know if that's true though.

dscak1

Reaction score
So it seems in response to my last "update," they really did open a claim. 137 days since ordering a counting, but at least the truck is built, now it's just a matter of time to see if this will help it ship out soon or now.

View attachment 37467

Anyone else gone through a similar process and receive any promising updates?
Received the same email today from Cara. Only difference was yhe name of the addressee.

Nosty10s

Reaction score
I read that Canada dealers don't have allocation in the ordering line or something like that. Don't know if that'
I read that Canada dealers don't have allocation in the ordering line or something like that. Don't know if that's true though.
Yes, some dealers have more allocation then others, but I prefer to deal with the smaller lots to help them out.

pacnw1963

Reaction score

One, so it is not sitting at port Allen or in transit and gets smacked by a Cat 5.
Two, because at my work when we have named storms in the Gulf we haul our pilot boats out of the water. My new truck would come in handy, no doubt.

Shoot, being a Dec order I was hoping to have it by now for a least few camping trips hauling my 7,000lb camper before it gets too hot. In S.Texas we camp in the fall, winter, and spring. Not at all in the summer. At least I don’t. Wiffed on having the truck before summer.
Summer months down here are reserved for 5th wheel maintenance until fall sets in!

And please - NO CAT 5's this year! Heck, not even a CAT 1 for that matter!!!

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score

Keeping an eye on it

gator6

Reaction score
Yes it is built. I'm happy and feel very fortunate for that. It took 11 weeks from order for the build to happen. I forget how many of those weeks were in "gathering parts" mode. It was several as I recall.

But now here I sit with a built truck, it is in shipping mode, been so for about 10 weeks now and no one knows why it has been in this state of stuck for so long. It's been so long that most Ram and Stallantis reps are skeptical that it is even in the yard anymore. Probably more of a situation where it left on a private mode of transport or is literally LOST as they admit they cannot find it at the moment.

So where is my truck? What has happened to it? Is it damaged, stolen, lost keys, sold to someone else by accident? Don't think for a second that any of THAT couldn't happen.

Next question is; how long until the truth comes out? And, am I even going to get that answer?

Really hoping it just shows up at MD and everyone is happily surprised. Yes, it's rare, but that happens too sometimes.

I guess you could say my hard part of "the wait" is over. But now, unlike other orders, I have a grueling and confusing investigation to conduct.

Try logging into the Ram app and add your vehicle VIN. I remember doing this before the truck being delivered, just can’t be certain of when I did it exactly. Another thing, the sticker on the truck has your name on it, do I doubt it gets sold accidentally.

This is perplexing to say the least! A lot of us who were built in March have received our trucks, and we both were built on the same day! Maybe someone here has a connection that could get you answers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gator6

Reaction score
Summer months down here are reserved for 5th wheel maintenance until fall sets in!

And please - NO CAT 5's this year! Heck, not even a CAT 1 for that matter!!!

I was stationed in Key West for nearly four years, don’t wish a CAT 5 on anyone! Evacuation for Irma was horrible, and I couldn’t imagine doing that as a civilian!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread