Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

RandomHero

Reaction score
Question how long does it take for the dealer to find out if Stellantis is going to build your tuck.
Technically that’s unknown. If your dealer sent in the order then it will eventually be built. Until you reach D status though the timeline is completely random. A night edition package on any lineup could take anywhere from 2-6 months due to supply constraints. The night edition was listed as a constrained order for the June build lists in another section of this forum so grab and beer and take a seat cause it could be a bit of a wait.

pacnw1963

Reaction score
I believe that's D? It shouldn't be more than a couple days unless you tried to make an odd combo.

ok thanks ordered 04/28 2500 limited Patriot Blue Night Edition only package I did was put off road group.

Technically that’s unknown. If your dealer sent in the order then it will eventually be built. Until you reach D status though the timeline is completely random. A night edition package on any lineup could take anywhere from 2-6 months due to supply constraints. The night edition was listed as a constrained order for the June build lists in another section of this forum so grab and beer and take a seat cause it could be a bit of a wait.
The good news is it should be built by the end of September :):oops: As it stands right now the first week of October they begin 2023MY builds. It shouldn’t be long now and they’ll stop excepting 2022MY orders and the plant will close out all of this years orders. Here hoping anyway…LOL

Last edited:

chas0218

Reaction score
Just got word from the dealer that my truck is estimated to arrive in Rhode Island on May 21st. Then will hop a transport to the dealership for its final leg. If it comes in at the dealer by the 1st of June it will be about 19 weeks (133 days) from the day I ordered. To me this seems a little excessive being it was released for shipping on 3/30.

jerrypw

Reaction score
brv10, Would you please check on VIN 3C6TR5EJ2NG236886. Dealer said it was KZLD on 5-4. I dont trust his ability/knowledge on getting this right. Any info on truck-train car # would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Rabtado

Reaction score
@brv10. Hi I was wondering how to get rail car info. I finally got a dealer eta of 5/19/22 from ramchat but am always weary of there generic answers. Is there anyway you can look to see if there is any shipment info for 3C6UR5NL6NG236900. Thank again for all the help.

Aero_Dave

Reaction score
Just got word from the dealer that my truck is estimated to arrive in Rhode Island on May 21st. Then will hop a transport to the dealership for its final leg. If it comes in at the dealer by the 1st of June it will be about 19 weeks (133 days) from the day I ordered. To me this seems a little excessive being it was released for shipping on 3/30.
Where did you order from? Mine should take a similar route, someday.

Dave…

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Not excessive at all, especially since it was shipped by boat. The spreadsheet shows a lot of people still waiting with older orders.

NightTrain

Reaction score
Mine was released for shipping on 3/1 and I'm still waiting on a boat ride to RI. You should double check with your dealer - I think the date of 5/21 is the ship leaving Altamira, not arriving in RI. We might be on the same ship - at least I hope I'm on this next one.

QuattroCS

Reaction score
I see if you leave the door open it won’t honk. Probably been mentioned, but…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A buddys 1500 also wont pull forward with the drives door open, it will put trans in park and you have to close the door, shif back to drive and then pull forward.

CTow

Reaction score
Not excessive at all, especially since it was shipped by boat. The spreadsheet shows a lot of people still waiting with older orders.
Mine 3c6ur5tl3ng237277 kz 3/15 then kzld then waiting for train then at port then dealer said is on a train no eta but dealer has been wrong before he gave wrong vin

chas0218

Reaction score
Where did you order from? Mine should take a similar route, someday.

Dave…
I ordered from Friendly in Geneva N.Y.
I thought for the options I got or the lack of it would've been quicker. I would understand it taking longer trying to source all the parts for the Laramie and Limited builds with all the bells and whistles.
Mine was released for shipping on 3/1 and I'm still waiting on a boat ride to RI. You should double check with your dealer - I think the date of 5/21 is the ship leaving Altamira, not arriving in RI. We might be on the same ship - at least I hope I'm on this next one.
It was first released to Saltillo RR on 3/24/22 then brought back to the plant and delivered to Altamira on 3/29/22. What I've seen from a couple people it was the estimated time of arrival to port. It was delivered to Port Altamira 3/30/22 and picked up at Port Altamira on 3/31/22. Picked up being loaded onto the ship I would assume.

SaylessRam

Reaction score
So it seems in response to my last "update," they really did open a claim. 137 days since ordering a counting, but at least the truck is built, now it's just a matter of time to see if this will help it ship out soon or now.

1652116722510.png

Anyone else gone through a similar process and receive any promising updates?

IowaPW

Reaction score
So it seems in response to my last "update," they really did open a claim. 137 days since ordering a counting, but at least the truck is built, now it's just a matter of time to see if this will help it ship out soon or now.

View attachment 37467

Anyone else gone through a similar process and receive any promising updates?
"Don't call us. We'll call you!"

Scubaz66

Reaction score
Yes I know! Not the correct location to ask this question, but I read somewhere through the past 1000+ pages about dealerships adding trackers to customer's vehicles prior to them taking delivery.

I just received an email from RAM Service about my Monthly Vehicle Health Report. They were able to identify the mileage on my odometer as well as my Oil Life Percentage.

I know I'm being tracked because I never signed up for any RAM services, Maintenance Services or Dealership Services.

Is this something RAM installs on our new trucks so they can track date associated with said vehicle? Or is this something the dealership added prior to me taking delivery?

There is nothing inserted into my OBD Port, but their is another Orange colored Port attached inline to the OBD Port. I attached a Picture.

Can anyone tell me what I'm looking at in the picture? How am I being Tracked?

Brutal HO is this isn't authorized, please move my Post to the Proper Location.

Attachments

• IMG_1799.jpg
    IMG_1799.jpg
    341.4 KB · Views: 32

Users who are viewing this thread