Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

SaylessRam

Reaction score
Not for me.....I am very happy with MD's price, but their communication is non-existent. Requested the VON when ordered.....crickets - Ram Chat was able to find it for me. Two weeks later if there was a VIN and crickets.......again Ram Chat was able to get me that as well. Other than taking my order and confirming they got my money order MD hasn't told me anything. Again happy with the price, but I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.
Sadly not just MD. Also ordered from a local high volume dealer, I'm the one informing them. They provided my VON, I found my own VIN, RamChat gave me D1 status and members on this forum were able to provide my buildsheet and window stickers... so much for customer support. Can't even get my dealer to respond to status update emails currently.

gator6

Reaction score
Not for me.....I am very happy with MD's price, but their communication is non-existent. Requested the VON when ordered.....crickets - Ram Chat was able to find it for me. Two weeks later if there was a VIN and crickets.......again Ram Chat was able to get me that as well. Other than taking my order and confirming they got my money order MD hasn't told me anything. Again happy with the price, but I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

That’s real odd, who’s your sales rep? I saw Sandi when I was in Lake Charles last week and she was training a new saleswoman, Heather, but she seemed to be her regular joyful self.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4FOXS8K

Reaction score
Well I just learned some info that is GOOD NEWS. My truck is at Port Allen LA (arrived two days ago), it is loaded on the truck for Delivery to Mark Dodge this Friday. So that is only 91 days from order day to delivery.
Ah come on. Mine arrived last week and it’s not on a truck. Not fare. Lol

PD Luke

Reaction score
i totally understand that. i will be coming from WI so a little logistic lead time will be required for me as well. and i have seen some discussion on here about once it shows up you have a limited amount of time to pay for it to retain the quoted price.
I can only speak for my experience with MD, which did NOT involve a trade in. It really wasn't a big deal for timing. All the paperwork was completed within a couple days of them notifying me that my truck arrived. It was all done electronically. Then i went down to pick it up on my schedule. You just tell them when you are arriving to pick it up.

desertskier

Reaction score
I ordered with Sandi and the VON was on the original "Priced Order Confirmation (POC)" that I had to sign. I agree that it would be nice if they tracked your order and sent out updates but Sandi always responds to my emails within a few hours. I got this from her this morning.

"To: All U.S. Dealers

Please be advised that our OBT provider that consolidates all the NA in-transit and shipping details experienced a cyber-attack at the end of last week. Dealers should expect to see issues with DealerConnect specific to vehicle deliver ETAs, as well as track & trace capabilities for the remainder of this week. Vehicle shipping will not be impacted, and operations will continue as normal.

Updates will be provided as the situation improves."

Sauksxs

Reaction score
I also dealt with Sandi she supplied VON with order then told me to email her in a week for VIN and after I received she said contact her once a month for updates preferably not on the first of the month when they are busy as indicated by other she responded within hours with updates every time I contacted her.
As far as when the truck arrives they are at a disadvantage as far as from rail yard to dealer waiting for others so they typically don’t know till it arrives at dealer someone else indicated after contact that it arrived all paperwork completed virtually and payment
then arrange for pickup at your convenience,
They were great on picking me up my plane to Lake Charles got canceled had to go to Lafayette they changed arrangements for pickup not problem
Best buying experience I have had. 6 months from order to delivery
Good luck

pacnw1963

Reaction score

I have never dealt with a dealer I have been more satisfied with! Renae at MD has been helpful, honest, transparent and always answers me ASAP. When I considered changing my order and had questions, I emailed her on a SUNDAY expecting her to email me back on Monday. I was surprised when she called me 20 minutes later, ON A SUNDAY, and not only answered my questions, but reworked my order and gave me the new numbers, AND called management and got permission to waive my loss of deposit and roll it in to a new order if I wanted to reorder (which I decided against). Then she texted me to let me know when my build date slipped from 5/2 to 5/15. I get all of this and saved over $10k on my order…it doesn’t get much better than this!!!

Muddvain

Reaction score
I used Sandi but i only emailed her like total of 5 times two of which were to start the deal. I would email her late Sunday and by 7-8ish in the morn Monday heard back from her. Aaron who handled the start off of paper work was great as well. Getting all the drafting and paper work with my choice of lender was super simple tho i had my reservations about the whole process first purchase for me out of state of Texas. Hope it gets better for you guys but ive been nothing but Impressed with MD and the ease of this transaction. Goin to get my truck Sat afternoon timish.

The guys here tho with convo and such have kept me grounded tbh thanks guys im plannin to stick around and hopefully stay in the convo on occasion as well.

4FOXS8K

Reaction score
Yeah, if the lack of communication continues once I see it go D1 with an anticipated delivery date, I'll go to the general manager. Coming from CA to pick it up, I need to be able to coordinate it better and not get a random call of, "Oh your truck is here, when are you showing up?"
Where out of CA?

Muddvain

Reaction score
Finally got an update from my dealer today. My D1 still stands, and I have a new ship date of 6/1. I only ordered almost 6 months ago… 11/6…
See this is the cases that really suck to hear. I told my wife if its not built in three to four months im finding a local one and paying more for it lol sorry to hear it bud hope it speeds up sooner rather than later for you

Dova0131

Reaction score
I just called Aaron and told him I was a bit tight on my timeline for moving into the 5er. He made a phone call and it was delivered a week later. That could’ve just been coincidence, but worked either way.

I emailed Sandi about going on underway and needing the truck. It was delivered 2 days later.

Damn, and those checks are only good for a minute! I think they told me 16 days!? That didn’t make sense to us. Dude I hope your situation gets resolved quick, deployments wait for nothing, and these sales have timelines. At best one option, you don’t want to hear, would be to start looking at the ‘23 and roll your deposit on one of those. If you didn’t go with MD, I’d look at recouping the deposit and going that route.

I hate to see a fellow Sailor in a tough spot.

NFCU told me once signed there with the promisary note that it was good indefinitely. I specifically asked the 30/60 or 90 day limit on it. They said nope payment is due no matter when you cash it.

Dova0131

Reaction score
3300 or so mile trip home and Fancy did great. Lag is there with defueling shifting into second gear. Once she hits 3rd gear the HO pulls really hard. Overall very pleased with the truck and overall experience with MD. The truck did not come with a front license plate bracket as Louisiana does not require one but Washington state does. Aaron said they will get one sent up to me. So hopefully that comes soon. If not we will order one.

Users who are viewing this thread