Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Reh Ranch

Reaction score
Same story almost exactly. I feel your pain. I go see the salesman tomorrow for my 6 month update.

Brv10 did get me some updated information last week.
Talked to the salesman this morning. My truck is in Kansas City awaiting a truck ride to central KS. It is not scheduled on the next transport so they are going to see if they can bump one or two inventory vehicles off the following transport and put my truck on in their place. Time will tell.

chas0218

Reaction score
This was my latest from RamChat.

Thank you so much for holding. I am showing that your vehicle is in the shipping stage. My apologies, our system that provides ETA is currently down and we are unable to provide ETA and would recommend contacting back next week.

Outbound Transportation provider that consolidates all the North America in-transit and shipping details is experiencing system outages as of April 14th.

4FOXS8K

Reaction score
Ordered my 3500 Laramie 1-7-22. Got word today that it's at KZT status. But apparently Chrysler's tracking system is down, and we can't see where it's actually at...
See this is straight bull to me. They can track it otherwise all vehicles would remain in place until the dealer connect vin locator would be fixed. I highly doubt a truck shows up to a dealership and the dealer says wow I didn’t know this was coming today. I guarantee they are provided with daily updates via email w/ market spreadsheets stating where vehicle is and projected movement date. I get sites get hacked and systems go down but that doesn’t shut down everything for a multi billion dollar company. Stepping of soapbox

ermster02

Reaction score
See this is straight bull to me. They can track it otherwise all vehicles would remain in place until the dealer connect vin locator would be fixed. I highly doubt a truck shows up to a dealership and the dealer says wow I didn’t know this was coming today. I guarantee they are provided with daily updates via email w/ market spreadsheets stating where vehicle is and projected movement date. I get sites get hacked and systems go down but that doesn’t shut down everything for a multi billion dollar company. Stepping of soapbox
Exactly. And it isn’t like we all are buying entry level Ford Focus. We are buying 80-120k trucks here. I have to remind myself there are bigger problems in this world but my dealer is starting to piss me off. If it wasn’t for this forum, I’d have been blind 95% of this process.

The Wolf

Reaction score
Couldn't agree more. My dealer guy said he thinks it's not actually down, but they are tired of keeping up with updating everyone.

4FOXS8K

Reaction score
Couldn't agree more. My dealer guy said he thinks it's not actually down, but they are tired of keeping up with updating everyone.
I called dealer connect this morning and they said they are experiencing intermittent outages on the dealer connect server regarding the vin tracking system. They said it isn’t affecting all markets just portions of the US.

arx237

Reaction score
Two systems from my understanding. Corporate internal that pushes to dealer connect which to me would explain the still moving trucks but limited info available to the dealer.

The dealer still see's codes, it lags reality by a bit but as it changes you can still kind of get a rough estimate on whats going on. ETA was always a big guess anyway so its loss honestly really isn't that big of a deal.

Andersen24

Reaction score
I also agree.... they act like they are doing you a favor ....I think next time I will order from MD, they seem to keep you informed well. Communication is everything .
Not for me.....I am very happy with MD's price, but their communication is non-existent. Requested the VON when ordered.....crickets - Ram Chat was able to find it for me. Two weeks later if there was a VIN and crickets.......again Ram Chat was able to get me that as well. Other than taking my order and confirming they got my money order MD hasn't told me anything. Again happy with the price, but I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

Jeremyh

Reaction score
Not for me.....I am very happy with MD's price, but their communication is non-existent. Requested the VON when ordered.....crickets - Ram Chat was able to find it for me. Two weeks later if there was a VIN and crickets.......again Ram Chat was able to get me that as well. Other than taking my order and confirming they got my money order MD hasn't told me anything. Again happy with the price, but I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.
Same for me. I did get the vin from them but that's all. I wish I had requested some of the other sales people noted in here because mine is not what i expected. my truck is built and I haven't heard from them yet

Andersen24

Reaction score
Same for me. I did get the vin from them but that's all. I wish I had requested some of the other sales people noted in here because mine is not what i expected. my truck is built and I haven't heard from them yet
Yeah, if the lack of communication continues once I see it go D1 with an anticipated delivery date, I'll go to the general manager. Coming from CA to pick it up, I need to be able to coordinate it better and not get a random call of, "Oh your truck is here, when are you showing up?"

Jeremyh

Reaction score
Yeah, if the lack of communication continues once I see it go D1 with an anticipated delivery date, I'll go to the general manager. Coming from CA to pick it up, I need to be able to coordinate it better and not get a random call of, "Oh your truck is here, when are you showing up?"
i totally understand that. i will be coming from WI so a little logistic lead time will be required for me as well. and i have seen some discussion on here about once it shows up you have a limited amount of time to pay for it to retain the quoted price.

Ugly ducking

Reaction score

Attachments

• ED4C94C5-A4A9-44C8-ADD3-9FBC7D58C4DB.jpeg
    ED4C94C5-A4A9-44C8-ADD3-9FBC7D58C4DB.jpeg
    800.4 KB · Views: 91
  • 75976D55-A68B-4976-84D4-25D882DAA300.jpeg
    75976D55-A68B-4976-84D4-25D882DAA300.jpeg
    819.3 KB · Views: 90
  • A51DDA36-2FA8-4276-B775-4A9C78DA3B89.jpeg
    A51DDA36-2FA8-4276-B775-4A9C78DA3B89.jpeg
    800.4 KB · Views: 90

gator6

Reaction score
deposit wasn't required but I left them 100.00 cash to show I was serious about order. truck was ordered in my name. bot sure I wanna accept a damaged truck. waiting to see it or pics to decide what I want ro do. if it's minor not a big deal but if the hit another car racing around the yard that's a whole different story. all I know so far is front end damage. if I didn't have this forum they would have fixed it and said nothing to me I bet. so I'm blessed qe have kind people in here looking out for others they don't even know you know who I'm talking about so thanks and I appreciate everything. I will keep everyone posted on my situation. I'll be home soon from a detachment in fallon the off to the deep blue for a bit before deployment. so I hope it's worked out as well. navy fed check is only good for 90 days. I need to use it by July 10th. or I loose out on 2.04 financing which is super low. fingers crossed everything works out in my corner

I spent five weeks out in Fallon training with NSAWC. That place is desolate, I’m not sure what you guys do out there on det. “Pigs in Space” and Wal-Mart are about the only things to do. Probably the last time I’ve seen a Jack in the Box too.

I’m hoping it just banged up against another truck and needs a new bumper type of damage. That seems to be the most common shipping damage I’ve heard of. Still sucks no matter how you look at it, but as long as there is no damage to the body, it would be “acceptable” to me with replacement parts put on by a dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Real Glee

Reaction score
i totally understand that. i will be coming from WI so a little logistic lead time will be required for me as well. and i have seen some discussion on here about once it shows up you have a limited amount of time to pay for it to retain the quoted price.
I bought local, that way I can face to face them. Keeps them honest.

Users who are viewing this thread