Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

tyler2you

Reaction score
From looking around what I understand is HB is dealer Holdback, money they get form the supplier for the sale. Im sure it was more negotiable in days past but I wonder if anyone today is getting anywhere with that today
7% off MSRP is good for a local deal. You could probably get around 12% by ordering from one of the high volume dealers like Mark Dodge. Whether or not that additional 5% savings would be worth it or not would depend on how far you'd have to travel to pick it up.

Last edited:

RandomHero

Reaction score
7% off MSRP is a good for a local deal. You could probably get around 12% by ordering from one of the high volume dealers like Mark Dodge. Whether or not that additional 5% savings would be worth it or not would depend on how far you'd have to travel to pick it up.
Wish we had options like this up in Canada. Hell I’d travel to Texas for the right deal but import taxes make it a nightmare.

Muddvain

Reaction score
Yea, I think the dealers are just giving a best guess based on what they have seen. MD told me 20-25 weeks on a big horn that I ordered. Still d status after 3 months so not holding my breath to hit the projected time frame. It is frustrating to see trucks being built and delivered in 6-8 weeks with no rhyme or reason as to why. I would guess your gmc experience would be equally frustrating. My buddy ordered a new f350 in Sept and still has no idea when he will see his truck.
I ordered a decently loaded 2500 ccsb cummins Bighorn from MD on 1/31 hopefully arriving at the dealer from Port Allen soon should be just shy of what Sandi told me it would be at 16+ hoping for that 14th week nobody know how this stuff works or why could be a Dart board like stated above lol i like that perspective but frustrating to have to wait longer than 3 months or so and i know a lot of guys and gals have already waiting that long plus with very lil movement if any sucks reading those posts on here

AFF

Reaction score
I had to go through a similar battle up in Canada. I ended up getting them to apply my FCA Promo price which is “Dealer invoice plus $25”. Most dealerships were trying to run me around but when I started getting them fighting for my business suddenly my price promo code worked. I called Stellantis Retail Incentives Canada before getting into this fight and was told that the dealer is compensated the promo difference anyways. So if they don’t play ball move on. My MSRP was $83675, paid $78310 (in Canadian pesos)

I'm a preferred pricing buyer (Bell Canada) in Canada too with dealer invoice plus $25. My local dealer doesn't even question it but I've had issues in the past with dealers in Alberta before not wanting to give it to me. Really though based on the market right now they don't have to.

Muddvain

Reaction score
3C6UR5KJ8NG266032 - Ordered 01/28, built 04/01. 2500 Laramie Hemi LBCC

Renae at MD said it was on the train and scheduled to arrive at the rail yard on 4/12. I'm not sure if this is somewhere in Louisiana (maybe Port Allen). She told me it could be up to another 14 days tp get from the rail yard to the dealership.

Does anyone else have a truck built around the same time, and headed for Mark Dodge? I was hoping to have it by the end of April....
Mines either at the port or almost there ordered 1/31 Built 3/31 brv10 said it was to deliver yesterday he thinks so maybe another two weeks to get to the dealer.

RandomHero

Reaction score
I'm a preferred pricing buyer (Bell Canada) in Canada too with dealer invoice plus $25. My local dealer doesn't even question it but I've had issues in the past with dealers in Alberta before not wanting to give it to me. Really though based on the market right now they don't have to.
Yeah I’m the end it’s their vehicle to sell, but also their customer to lose. I dealt with a dealer for 3 weeks and when I finally finalized my choice of truck they gave me the run around holding to MSRP. I got up and left, asked 3 other dealers about the same truck and the discount and the first one that accepted got my business. The salesman of the first dealer was quite upset obviously having taken me on several test drives but if you want a customer you need to make the deal happen.

TroyMcClure

Reaction score
You have a long wait ahead of you, I ordered Oct 12 as of today mine is on a train.

The Night Edition might hold your build up for a while though, I ordered a fully loaded Limited night edition drw and was told if I did not drop the night edition it might never get built, as soon as I dropped it, the truck started to move along

Thanks for the heads up, very good to know. If I can't get exactly what I want I'll just keep driving my 2005 F350 6.0 and be happy. Thankful I have that option right now. Maybe the order will turn into a 2023 and I won't see the truck until July of next year which I'm ok with.

Lockhart2020

Reaction score
I was inquiring if someone could run my VIN
3C63R3DLXNG278150 to check payload and towing specs.

Perhaps I’m looking in the wrong spots in the Ram.ca website and Ram.com won’t allow me to access the site where I know many people are directed to.

Thanks

arx237

Reaction score
I was inquiring if someone could run my VIN
3C63R3DLXNG278150 to check payload and towing specs.

Perhaps I’m looking in the wrong spots in the Ram.ca website and Ram.com won’t allow me to access the site where I know many people are directed to.

Thanks

It pulls up for me. Below link includes your vin so it should go directly there

Lockhart2020

Reaction score
It pulls up for me. Below link includes your vin so it should go directly there

Fantastic and thank you.

Nope unfortunately it has to be Canada / Us thing. When I click on the link it brings me to a Ram page click Canada or US boooo

boojimdi

Reaction score
Holy crap what a mess. How did you find out all those details about that truck? When I asked my dealer about any sort of specifics regarding the accident they claimed all they could do is speculate that tie downs (either on my truck or the one behind it) broke in transit and led to the collision but that they could never be sure because they don’t get very detailed transit information
I'm not sure how they got the entire scoop, but man what a journey that truck took.

Users who are viewing this thread