Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Ugly ducking

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. Just going by what I was told by the dealer. I am more mad at my dealership than anyone. By the time I get it, I could have ordered the GMC the wife wanted. lol
Is all good my dealer told me when i ordered 8 to 12 weeks they have not been much help, everything i know about it i learn from this amazing people on this forum.

Badgerfan

Reaction score
Is all good my dealer told me when i ordered 8 to 12 weeks they have not been much help, everything i know about it i learn from this amazing people on this forum.
Same here. But sometimes it just gives me more anxiety. lol. Looks like u should have yours soon. Be sure to post pics! Looks as if quite a few were delayed, was that due to the HO?

Cseybert

Reaction score
From Sandi today.
Morning Charles,

Unfortunately it has not. With the logistical issues with rail car, railroad personnel, trucking and driver shortages the manufacturer is working on all possible work arounds that would not be updateable in the system as it normal operations, so I personally feel that they have turned it off since it would not be applicable.

Please feel assured that they are still moving them as quickly as possible and we are still receiving them. When your truck does arrive at the dealership they will be contacting you within 24 hours of its arrival.

Stay tuned to your email.

SaylessRam

Reaction score
Well, something held it up, or my dealer lied when he said I would have it before May. My original build date was actually set, for 3/22, then it was pushed back, Now it looks like it will be June before I receive it.....:(
Welcome to the club. Was supposed to get my truck in March so I could drive it for my honeymoon, then was told April, now I'm thinking I'll be lucky if I see it by June. May just seems like it'll be glazed over at this rate.

saltonbuoy

Reaction score
Same here! When I retired after 23 years in 1996 is was still only $35-$45 a night at most any stateside Base. Seems it's now cheaper for Retired Personnel to get lodging off Base. Another retirement benefit lost.........

DoD had to justify how to keep the lodging system budget—enter increased prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RandomHero

Reaction score
I love reading this chat - it’s a mix of support for those that are still waiting for orders made last year - and those desperately hoping theirs come sooner than expected. After having ordered a Level 3 PW last week I’m almost expecting to receive a 2023 model year in late September/October. Anything sooner would be a welcome surprise.

gator6

Reaction score
I love reading this chat - it’s a mix of support for those that are still waiting for orders made last year - and those desperately hoping theirs come sooner than expected. After having ordered a Level 3 PW last week I’m almost expecting to receive a 2023 model year in late September/October. Anything sooner would be a welcome surprise.
I'm pretty sure I was told the '23 models wouldn't start production until October.

Reaction score
The blackhole of 12/31 orders is starting to show light! Ordered on 12/31 and finally made it to D1 status with production date of 5/25. I had an estimated build date of 5/16, sucks it got kicked back more.

I contacted the dealer about adding painted wheel to wheel side steps to my order and she said it went to D1 status.

At the time I ordered, the painted wheel to wheel sides steps were not an option on my Night Edition 3500 Mega Cab. If anyone has them on their truck, can you provide me with a part number or Vin#. The dealership is looking for me now, but I want to double check. Dealer will install them for me.

Badgerfan

Reaction score
Yep, agree. Its getting to the point, that I'd rather have a 2023.

CoastyAV8R

Reaction score
Ram Chat says my order is "Priory" I would like to believe but I feel this is just BS Still D statues I feel

VIN# 3C63R3LL8NG237064
You can filter the spreadsheet by model and it seems Big Horns and Tradesman orders are disproportionately slower to fill than the others that have more equipment on them, I wouldve' guessed the opposite of that based on supply shortages. I ordered my Tradesman the same week you did and I see a bunch of well equipped trucks get built that were ordered well after ours. There is no rhyme or reason to what gets built and when.

Nowheretogojs

Reaction score
You can filter the spreadsheet by model and it seems Big Horns and Tradesman orders are disproportionately slower to fill than the others that have more equipment on them, I wouldve' guessed the opposite of that based on supply shortages. I ordered my Tradesman the same week you did and I see a bunch of well equipped trucks get built that were ordered well after ours. There is no rhyme or reason to what gets built and when.
Possibly they want to run the highest component vehicle they can, then use the lower component vehicles to fill production time while waiting for the out of stock parts. Whoever has the base sheet could easily add fields on it for the other options so maybe we could figure this out. I’m sure plenty of us would divulge our information to add to it.

J-J

Reaction score
Well wanna see what happens when you wait so long and the truck comes in wrecked.. yeah NG162020 showed up last week dealership didn't call just told us today. Truck has the roof bashed in sunroof channel, windshield, marker lights and won't tell me how many miles are on it. Damage looks like someone drove it home and smashed it.
dd20f898e46f23bce5067b09dcd2eb3f.jpg
fec6fa161137bac4f188152eae240e04.jpg

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk

CoastyAV8R

Reaction score
Possibly they want to run the highest component vehicle they can, then use the lower component vehicles to fill production time while waiting for the out of stock parts. Whoever has the base sheet could easily add fields on it for the other options so maybe we could figure this out. I’m sure plenty of us would divulge our information to add to it.
That's my guess, higher profit margin on the more optioned builds get priority. Trucks ordered 6 weeks after mine from the same dealership have already been built and will be delivered this week. 3500's with HO diesel, only difference is higher trim level Laramie's. I ordered a Tradesman thinking it would help shorten the build time when in fact it has delayed it. At this point my summer plans are pretty messed up knowing I'd be lucky to see it by July, I may cancel it and wait for a 2023 but go with a higher trim level.

Users who are viewing this thread