Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

tyler2you

Reaction score
1980-2002: I think the most I ever paid was $36. Over $100 is insane. Like you said, another retirement benefit lost - like our "free" healthcare for life that we now pay TriCare for out of our retirement check, just to name a few. But the cost of the FamCamps still can't be beat!
As of October 2019, DoD lodging must be self sustaining (no taxpayer funding). So, pretty much the only customers they're going to service are personnel that are TDY to the base whose cost of lodging will be reimbursed by the Government. Not sure it makes sense to keep it around when all they're doing is competing (poorly) with lodging off base.

I also wonder how much longer the commissary will continue to be a benefit. At least for it if they reduced benefits, the uproar from retirees would be felt by Congress. Not so much for space A lodging.

DebH

Reaction score
Nice Rig. When Dealing with Mark Dodge, how do they evaluate your trade? Sight unseen, pictures, year and mileage and then they honored that? Just curious because I am seriously considering giving them a call and see what they can do because the best I can find anywhere near me is 2k off sticker and trade ins about average. I have 2 trade ins. After reading so many peoples experiences and some even stating the numbers on what kind of a deal they got, it is making me realize that it just may be worth my while and time to reorder through Mark Dodge. At the time of my ordering here in South West Florida, I had not heard of a dealership giving that great of a deal. I thought at the time that even finding a dealer to take 2k off sticker was kinda rare in this market. They did lock me in on that price as well and that is why I pulled the trigger. MSRPs have been showing a pretty good jump from time of ordering to delivery for the most part, it seems. Mark Dodge is making some really crazy deals and because of it they are selling a crazy amount of special order trucks. I also love what I have been hearing from many on here about their customer service throughout the whole process. I have found over the years of dealing with dealerships, they are mostly just a middle man (Broker) and do almost nothing more. It is great to see a dealer really caring about the customers as individuals and their needs. Thanks for sharing. Enjoy my friend.
Call them, you won't regret it! I just traded in my 2017 Nissan Titan XD Diesel 4x4 and drove my new truck home 800 miles. I live in Central Florida. Great experience with MD. I delt with Otis, Shawn and Jimmy.

gator6

Reaction score
1980-2002: I think the most I ever paid was $36. Over $100 is insane. Like you said, another retirement benefit lost - like our "free" healthcare for life that we now pay TriCare for out of our retirement check, just to name a few. But the cost of the FamCamps still can't be beat!

I think Tyndall just shot up to $800/mo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gator6

Reaction score
Nice Rig. When Dealing with Mark Dodge, how do they evaluate your trade? Sight unseen, pictures, year and mileage and then they honored that? Just curious because I am seriously considering giving them a call and see what they can do because the best I can find anywhere near me is 2k off sticker and trade ins about average. I have 2 trade ins. After reading so many peoples experiences and some even stating the numbers on what kind of a deal they got, it is making me realize that it just may be worth my while and time to reorder through Mark Dodge. At the time of my ordering here in South West Florida, I had not heard of a dealership giving that great of a deal. I thought at the time that even finding a dealer to take 2k off sticker was kinda rare in this market. They did lock me in on that price as well and that is why I pulled the trigger. MSRPs have been showing a pretty good jump from time of ordering to delivery for the most part, it seems. Mark Dodge is making some really crazy deals and because of it they are selling a crazy amount of special order trucks. I also love what I have been hearing from many on here about their customer service throughout the whole process. I have found over the years of dealing with dealerships, they are mostly just a middle man (Broker) and do almost nothing more. It is great to see a dealer really caring about the customers as individuals and their needs. Thanks for sharing. Enjoy my friend.

I emailed shots of my vehicles to Aaron for an appraisal, and he sent back some fair prices. Hell, my truck with sun damage he quoted me $12k for where CarMax and Vroom quoted me between $5k-$7k.

pacnw1963

Reaction score
As of October 2019, DoD lodging must be self sustaining (no taxpayer funding). So, pretty much the only customers they're going to service are personnel that are TDY to the base whose cost of lodging will be reimbursed by the Government. Not sure it makes sense to keep it around when all they're doing is competing (poorly) with lodging off base.

I also wonder how much longer the commissary will continue to be a benefit. At least for it if they reduced benefits, the uproar from retirees would be felt by Congress. Not so much for space A lodging.
I hope the commissary never goes away...ugh! Every time I go there it always seems to be at least 50% or more retirees shopping! You are right about the uproar to Congress!

pacnw1963

Reaction score
Call them, you will never regret it!!! I am working with Renea and she has been awesome! As for trade-in, she told me that they would give you a trade -in value, but it was only good for 30 days, so I haven't done mine yet, was waiting to get in that "30-day window", and since mine has not built yet, I am still on the wait train. Here is Renea's info:

Renea Jamieson
337-512-5599
rjamieson@markdodge.net

pacnw1963

Reaction score
I have reservations there May 28 - June 1. I need to get some satellite shots and do some recon, never been there.

We loved it. Bring a 4-wheel cart that is good in the sand if you have one - it helps hauling stuff down to the beach. I think the most we had was maybe 10 people on the beach anytime we were down there. If you haven't been to the Air Museum, it is a must, and plan on a good 5 hours there if that's your kind of thing! All of it is still closed to the public, so the museum will only be retired and active. And right across the street from that is the lighthouse with great views from up top. The park is quiet, kind of close to each other, but not as close as a typical KOA.

Badgerfan

Reaction score
A while back someone posted a list of parts/components that were causing vehicles to be pushed back in the build process. Has there been any updated lists in the last few days or week? Curious to see what is on there still, or what was removed if anything. Also, there was a mention 3 weeks ago on the oil filters on gas trucks, not being available. Any updates are appreciated.

Last edited:

IowaPW

Reaction score
A while back someone post a list of parts/components that were causing vehicles to be pushed back in the build process. Has there been any updated lists in the last few days or week? Curious to see what is on there still, or what was removed if anything. Also, there was a mention 3 weeks ago on the oil filters on gas trucks, not being available. Any updates are appreciated.
I thought that list was for June order restrictions....

gpattikjr

Reaction score
It could have been. I was just curious to what was holding my truck up.
It changes daily. Might as well order what you want and just wait. I ordered a loaded laramie in December when everyone was jumping ship to limiteds. Mine made it to the dealer in 113 days, the average was 123 for laramies back then. Im sure people that ordered limiteds because of parts scarcity are still waiting for theirs to be built.

IowaPW

Reaction score
It could have been. I was just curious to what was holding my truck up.
As has been discussed, who knows what goes into build sequence. On the sheet, you show that you are in D1 with an Estimated Ship Date of 04May. Is that correct? If so, not sure anything is really holding it up.

Badgerfan

Reaction score
As has been discussed, who knows what goes into build sequence. On the sheet, you show that you are in D1 with an Estimated Ship Date of 04May. Is that correct? If so, not sure anything is really holding it up.
Well, something held it up, or my dealer lied when he said I would have it before May. My original build date was actually set, for 3/22, then it was pushed back, Now it looks like it will be June before I receive it.....:(

IowaPW

Reaction score
Well, something held it up, or my dealer lied when he said I would have it before May. My original build date was actually set, for 3/22, then it was pushed back, Now it looks like it will be June before I receive it.....:(
I ordered two weeks before you. My build date was pushed back as well. It is now supposed to be next week. Your dealer had no idea when you placed the order. He was guessing. It will get here...and I'm confident you will feel it was worth the wait.

Lewallenaj

Reaction score
Anyone here know why my truck would be sitting KZLD for over a month. VIN- 3C63RRHL4NG240698

Users who are viewing this thread