Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

kevin588127

Reaction score
Just contacted the dealership, my status has moved back to D from D1. All they said was that Ram told them some are taking longer than others.
Possibly the Rambox. Read on here the other day that Ram box is now on restricted ordering. I'm a 1-20 order on a big horn and still D status. Ram box is my only weird option.

Benson

Reaction score
Got this from UP this morning, I don't know where it arrived but it's almost to Salt Lake City, UT. Depending which route it took I could have watched it roll right through Las Vegas yesterday i'm guessing.
Loaded, Arrived4/14/22 4:29am
Est Arrival to Industry4/15/22 4:00am
Received Eagle Pass4/6/22 8:46am

RLMandich

Reaction score
Ok so, 6'7 got that. But at 6', when I sit in the truck i only have about 3-4" of head clearing...You going to be ok without driving with your head out of the window? Just looking out lol
I did consider buying a 280Z back in my 20’s. I actually was looking out the t-top and over the roof. Decided that probably wasn’t the right car for me!

Trucks fit me fine - just lower the seat a bit and I’m good to go.

rossagge

Reaction score
Anyone deal with Evan Hardy from MD? Referred a buddy to Sandi and Aaron but, says he's dealing with Evan.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
QC probably because that corporate, the others I don't know.

DebH

Reaction score
Did you get off-road package?
No off road pkg but I did get the snow chief group. If I remember correctly the ORP included different shocks and those trucks had a lower towing capacity. Basically got everything but sunroof and air suspension options.

Last edited:

BigE200315

Reaction score
Thanks for allowing me to join the group. I am soon (hopefully) to be a first time owner of a RAM. I have long been a Ford fan & my most recent Ford (2011 F350, XLT, Crew Cab, 6.7L Diesel, 8' Box) was a fantastic truck for me. I truly loved driving that truck everyday but as the mileage increased and the vehicle got older I ended up getting nervous about something going wrong with the engine. From my understanding these trucks can get pretty pricey to work on as you have to remove the cab in order to work on the engine.
I work for a trucking company where we spec all trucks with Cummins engines as they have long been tested, tried and true. So I decided to give RAM a chance. Hopefully I'll never need it but it doesn't hurt to have a Cummins certified mechanic at my disposal should any issues arise.
During my new vehicle search I found a dealer that had a truck on order with ALL of my NEEDS and MOST of my WANTS, so I had them put my name on it. 2022 RAM 3500, Big Horn, 6.7L HO Diesel, Crew Cab, 8' Bed.
The vehicle was originally ordered 10/7/2021 and I put money down on it 01/29/2022. The dealer "guesstimated" it would arrive by the end of February or first week in March. As of today (4/14/2022), I'm still waiting...
Does anyone have any idea how long it takes for delivery once a new build is shipped? On 3/31/2022 I was informed that my vehicle was in the "shipping stage" and on 4/1/2022 was told by the dealer that the estimated shipping date was early the following week. Since then I have not been able to get any updates and/or an ETA to the dealer. I have been pretty patient up until this point but am now getting nervous about how long before delivery, here's why...
Going from the original guesstimate arrival date I secured financing through my Credit Union at a MUCH lower rate than through the dealer. The problem is that I need t a purchase agreement by May 2nd in order to keep the same low interest rate. If it goes past that date I would have to re-apply for the loan & interest rates have gone us since. So if I don't get the vehicle by then it will cost me more $$$$.
So if anyone has any intel on shipping time from Saltillo Mexico to Northwestern Pennsylvania it would be greatly appreciated.

DP340

Reaction score
Possibly the Rambox. Read on here the other day that Ram box is now on restricted ordering. I'm a 1-20 order on a big horn and still D status. Ram box is my only weird option.
I have wondered that as well. I also have the Night Edition and the premium lighting which are also on the delay list.

gator6

Reaction score
Driving through Louisiana in a terrible thunderstorm and rain made me think I was in Florida, lol! It was over 150 miles of rain at night on those long bridges undergoing construction .

Every time I drive that stretch from Houston to NOLA I get into a white-out rain storm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BobinCo

Reaction score
Got this from UP this morning, I don't know where it arrived but it's almost to Salt Lake City, UT. Depending which route it took I could have watched it roll right through Las Vegas yesterday i'm guessing.
Loaded, Arrived4/14/22 4:29am
Est Arrival to Industry4/15/22 4:00am
Received Eagle Pass4/6/22 8:46am
Did you have to register for this service? Interested as well to track my truck...

99mo

Reaction score
I have wondered that as well. I also have the Night Edition and the premium lighting which are also on the delay list.
I have the Night Edition and Tow Tech group from that list. Some of those items are standard for my build. Have to wonder going forward if it will and how much will it affect previously placed orders.

TroyMcClure

Reaction score
Another swing and a miss today

--CANADA BUILD WEEKLY UPDATE--
Ram 3500 4x4 SRW MC Limited NE - Cummins HO - Air Suspension - Level 1 Group

BA - 12/20/21 (Initial Order Date)
BG - 1/4/22
BX - 1/13/22
BX - 1/20/22
BG - 1/27/22
BG - 2/3/22
BG - 2/10/22
BG - 2/17/22
BG - 2/26/22
BG - 3/3/22
BG - 3/10/22
BG - 3/18/22
BG - 3/24/22
BG - 3/31/22
BG - 4/7/22
BG - 4/14/22

ermster02

Reaction score
No off road pkg but I did get the snow chief group. If I remember correctly the ORP included different shocks and those trucks had a lower towing capacity. Basically got everything but sunroof and air suspension options.
Your truck is a beauty!!! Mind driving to NC and let me ride in it? Lol jk

Users who are viewing this thread