Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Reaction score
I have four of the options on the list and it looks like my build will take 6+ months. But all it takes is one out of stock item to hold up a build

G’Dave

Reaction score
Well folks, I just got to see the Stellantis June parts restraints list sent to dealers and anybody wanting to order soon is in trouble. They are struggling. Here are items from the HD List:

Mopar Options: Avoid these wherever possible. Increases ship time, delays, and is subject to more parts shortages.

• CFN - 60/40 Folding rear seat (all trims Laramie and higher)

This is insane. No backseat available for all CC and MC trucks (Laramie and up)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

223500DRW

Reaction score
Interesting I'll be checking all seat hardware knowing this when I get mine in a few weeks. I had a lot of items on that list too. ordered Nov 9th that one was at the dealer mid March 2nd truck ordered dec 14th with even more options laramie b and tow tech group b on a train dealer eta 4 23 to 5/7. excited financing done navy fed 2.04 for 72 months and dealer swaers he can beat it to 1.9 for 72. we shall see on pickup day. still pissed they are making me buy the LoJack for 699 a 349.00 price tag on manufacturer web site. says it's on every truck they sell all though the difference is I special ordered the truck for me not the dealer.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Well folks, I just got to see the Stellantis June parts restraints list sent to dealers and anybody wanting to order soon is in trouble. They are struggling. Here are items from the HD List:

Mopar Options: Avoid these wherever possible. Increases ship time, delays, and is subject to more parts shortages.
Sunroof (all models): Avoid sunroof on all models.
Slush mats: Due to an industry wide shortage, please avoid Slush Mats on all models.
NOTE: As we progress through scheduling options may be added to this list.

Ram HD
• ASH - Night Edition
• XAN - Blind Spot & Cross Path Detection (Orders held in BG where optional)
• GWA – Sunroof
• AAN – Towing tech group
• NH3 – Adaptive cruise control (AAU, AAV, A69 on limited
• AAV – Safety Group
• -XT – Black cattle tan interior
• MDN – Mopar Step
• MY7 – Power deployable running boards
• ANT – Bed utility group
• CKJ – Black Vinyl Flooring
• CFN - 60/40 Folding rear seat (all trims Laramie and higher)
• XML/XNH Mopar 5th Wheel Hitch
• AHU – 5
th wheel prep group
• XB9 – Ram Box
• JVK – 115V Outlet on Tradesman and Big Horn
• APD – 2 tone paint
They are all hurting, not just Ram, but this seems odd.

Scubaz66

Reaction score
VIN: 3C6UR5SL1NG214839

Week 4, going on week 5 of no movement from Baltimore rail yard.

Side note:

RAY BRANDT RAM in Harvey Louisiana treated me worse than any other dealer I’ve encountered. I found a similar build they had on hand and tried (I.e. jumped through hoops) to purchase the truck. I had reserved a flight, hotel room, made all financial arrangements, etc and things just kept getting worse.

First off, the brand new truck had a damaged height sensor on the air suspension so they were supposedly fixing that issue. Next I was told they do not accept wire transfers or bank/cashiers checks for the down payment and expected me to travel with $30k cash if I wanted to buy the truck because the manager refused to take any other form of payment “due to having local cashiers checks cancel”. The manager literally told me he wasn’t interested in making friends or anything beyond making money and selling cars and he wasn’t going to risk if I wouldn’t take a risk so we probably should make the deal. Never have I felt so disrespected when trying to make a purchase let alone a $90k pickup truck.

Don’t have to tell me twice… cancelled my reservations and ran, not walked, away from that truck. Be careful out there, I feel like things are bound to get worse as demand exceeds supply.

For me, the wait continues.
You did the right thing! RUN!!! Any business that prefers to deal in cash these days are trying to hide the money transactions. If for nothing else taxes. Traveling with large sums of cash these days is not advisable because it will be confiscated by authorities once they know you have it. TSA will pull you aside and interigate you, then keep your money and send you on your way while you spend forever trying to get your money back. If you are driving and get pulled over it will also get confiscated and held by the local authorities. NEVER EVER travel with large sums of cash.

snlsmith

Reaction score
... still pissed they are making me buy the LoJack for 699 a 349.00 price tag on manufacturer web site. says it's on every truck they sell all though the difference is I special ordered the truck for me not the dealer.
Yeah, got hit with this too with no notice until i was in finance. You do at least get an insurance discount for it, for make sure you let your insurance company know it is there.

I am actually considering filing a complaint with the state since there was also some other packages they require that were not disclosed until the truck was on the dealer lot as well as only doing in-house financing, which means I couldn't use USAA or Navy Federal. While I can just re-finance with them, that is just another inquiry on my credit report.

Scooterbv

Reaction score
What is POC? I want to ask dealer for pic but not sure what that stands for. Thanks

gator6

Reaction score
Just got the call from Aaron… it’s real…

11/12/21 - Order placed
11/19/22 - Received VIN. “C”
1/11/22 - “D”
1/31/22 - “D1”
2/5/22 - estimated ship date of 3/3
2/22/22 - estimated ship date pushed to 3/5
3/3/22 - build sheet available
3/5/22 - “JS”
3/6/22 - window sticker available
3/23/22 - “KZ”
3/24/22 - “KZM”
4/1/22 - Arrived at Port Allen, LA
4/12/22 -KZX

40e97db42e6c6b5c2515ba51afc4be86.jpg

fdbb5b16ed70537369ad5fb369934878.jpg

0b2f80459339eb5242bcefb61edc68f1.jpg

MichiganChad

Reaction score
If you’re in D1 does that list if restraints mostly only impact those is in D or not yet ordered?

matemike

Reaction score
Just got the call from Aaron… it’s real…

11/12/21 - Order placed
11/19/22 - Received VIN. “C”
1/11/22 - “D”
1/31/22 - “D1”
2/5/22 - estimated ship date of 3/3
2/22/22 - estimated ship date pushed to 3/5
3/3/22 - build sheet available
3/5/22 - “JS”
3/6/22 - window sticker available
3/23/22 - “KZ”
3/24/22 - “KZM”
4/1/22 - Arrived at Port Allen, LA
4/12/22 -KZX

40e97db42e6c6b5c2515ba51afc4be86.jpg

fdbb5b16ed70537369ad5fb369934878.jpg

0b2f80459339eb5242bcefb61edc68f1.jpg

Nice truck. Congrats. Thanks for including the timeline.
But tbh, I'm looking at that white laramie night edition that is staring at your passenger side headlight. Mine went JS on 3/5, just like your 3500 LL. Could have been my 2500 laramie in the lot with ya. so close!

ReKz

Reaction score
Anyone know what "constructively placed" means when checking rail car status?

Users who are viewing this thread