Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

arx237

Reaction score
Has anyone been having issues pulling up towing and payload information from https://www.ramtrucks.com/towing/towing-guide.html#/landing/bytowing ? I’ve had my window sticker for a week, but all I get when I try to put my VIN in and get payload information is “vin data not available”.

Weird thing is, it works for all the other trucks that got window stickers the same day mine did.
So I do not have a window sticker or even an EL yet. In fact I am in JB status at the moment but it does pull up on the above towing link and I can was able to add the vehicle in my mopar owners page. And mopar page shows all the stuff I am expecting on the official EL.

JLD

Reaction score
Est build dates are a shot in the dark, most of the dates I see are already past unless you are being built.
I guess what I meant is are you able to see the "shipping date" which from my understanding is the est build date?
Ram chat gave me info that led me to believe I've gone D1, but did not provide that date that I see others on the spreadsheet have when they go D1.

pacnw1963

Reaction score
I guess what I meant is are you able to see the "shipping date" which from my understanding is the est build date?
Ram chat gave me info that led me to believe I've gone D1, but did not provide that date that I see others on the spreadsheet have when they go D1.
The way my dealer explained it to me is that the "ship date" when you go D1 is the ship date to the next step in the production process, which in most cases is the build. And as @brv10 said, that date is still a shot in the dark.

RamChat does not have codes, only vague status updates. Your dealer is where to go to for build code updates

JLD

Reaction score
The way my dealer explained it to me is that the "ship date" when you go D1 is the ship date to the next step in the production process, which in most cases is the build. And as @brv10 said, that date is still a shot in the dark.

RamChat does not have codes, only vague status updates. Your dealer is where to go to for build code updates
Gotcha. Thank you for the reply.

Truehomellc

Reaction score
Once trucks are loaded off a boat or rail car how long do they usually sit before a truck picks them up to bring them to the dealers

jtolen

Reaction score
So I do not have a window sticker or even an EL yet. In fact I am in JB status at the moment but it does pull up on the above towing link and I can was able to add the vehicle in my mopar owners page. And mopar page shows all the stuff I am expecting on the official EL.
Interesting. I can add the VIN to my Mopar garage, but payload and towing capacity don’t show in there either.

Thanks for looking. Just for curiosity, would you mind trying my VIN (in my signature) at the link, and see if you get the same message?

snlsmith

Reaction score
Once trucks are loaded off a boat or rail car how long do they usually sit before a truck picks them up to bring them to the dealers
No telling. I have seen people reporting as little as 1-2 days, but I am sitting at 33 days right now from when it got to the train yard in Pearland, TX. I have no idea how quickly it was offloaded, but I know 2 weeks later the rail car was empty in MN.

snlsmith

Reaction score
Interesting. I can add the VIN to my Mopar garage, but payload and towing capacity don’t show in there either.

Thanks for looking. Just for curiosity, would you mind trying my VIN (in my signature) at the link, and see if you get the same message?
Just tried, same response you got. My VIN worked, so the page is working correctly.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
There are generally 3 delays when ordering that can't be predicted or a time placed on them, the time from order date to I status, time spent at the vendor if it goes there or time waiting for a train to ship it on and the time from the last train to the truck for dealer delivery. These time always vary due to options, supply for the build or the vendors and truck availability and yard backlog, as the older orders slowly get completed it seems like the builds are getting quicker and more consistent for the most part, the vendor seems to have a back log for the time being as well as the truck yards. From what I am seeing for an overall average is we are doing better than the other two companies. Ok, discuss....

pacnw1963

Reaction score
MD explained that it is generally about 2 weeks for them from Port Allen. But that is all dependent on the availability of trucks, the price of diesel, and if the stars and planets are aligned in just the right order :D

Rabtado

Reaction score
@brv10 if you have some time could you look up status on a order for me 3C6UR5NL6NG236900. Much appreciated.

NightTrain

Reaction score
My dealer said up to 2 weeks but I don't put much stock into that. Too many variables in transportation today. Were you able to confirm your order was on the ship that just unloaded in Davisville?

arx237

Reaction score

Your sig vin contains a "i" and not a 1 in the 9th space. Fairly certain "I, O and Q" are nogo's here. So I am assuming this is supposed to be a 1. Either way still says no vin info.

Truehomellc

Reaction score
My dealer said up to 2 weeks but I don't put much stock into that. Too many variables in transportation today. Were you able to confirm your order was on the ship that just unloaded in Davisville?
Not yet called ram but no confirmation yet....what about you?

jtolen

Reaction score
Your sig vin contains a "i" and not a 1 in the 9th space. Fairly certain "I, O and Q" are nogo's here. So I am assuming this is supposed to be a 1. Either way still says no vin info.
Good catch, I fixed the sig. Thank you.

NightTrain

Reaction score
Not yet called ram but no confirmation yet....what about you?
Same, nothing yet but it unloaded over the weekend, so it may just be they need to clear customs before they start showing as delivered. Maybe tomorrow or Wednesday.

Users who are viewing this thread