Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Conflicting information from Ram chat. I had one told me it’s in the shipping stage and I would get the dealer ETA once it got close to being delivered. And then I had another one tell me I would NOT get anything and it would stay in the shipping stage until it arrived at the dealer.

Does anyone know if Ram chat will even be able to tell me when it departs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No

mjlebsa

Reaction score
You will find out that Ram Chat is unreliable for accurate information and your dealer most of the time is your best source for information. If they appear reluctant to be helpful regarding this, just remind them that you will be doing a Chrysler survey at some point in the future. That usually gets their attention.

Thanks. I think their give a crap meter is low because they know if I were to get mad and walk away they get to keep my deposit and will just sell to somebody else.

P.A.

Reaction score
Question for the group: I ordered 3/10 and am currently D1 with a 5/2 build date. Does anyone know if it’s possible to change the paint color. I ordered my usual white and on the way home saw a new Ram in the granite and fell in love, which makes me want to change the color and add the night edition. Not sure it’s even possible
Unfortunately not. I was in similar situation where I realized I had accidently ordered vinyl floor covering instead of carpet and I was in D1 status which means all parts are accounted for and I think your next step is build. She did give me the option to cancel my order and reorder but I didn't want to set myself back another possible 16 weeks.

gator6

Reaction score
Also looks like we have the same truck on order as well

View attachment 35094

That’s crazy inflation! Right off the bat I see a $400 markup on the trailer surround! I priced a Limited back in November and the price difference was $3k, definitely a wide margins now.

b5ebb1e7cf53971a68295b35ec94c9cd.jpg

Last edited:

pacnw1963

Reaction score
Unfortunately not. I was in similar situation where I realized I had accidently ordered vinyl floor covering instead of carpet and I was in D1 status which means all parts are accounted for and I think your next step is build. She did give me the option to cancel my order and reorder but I didn't want to set myself back another possible 16 weeks.
Well, that sucks! Oh well…

223500DRW

Reaction score
That’s crazy inflation! Right off the bat I see a $400 markup on the trailer surround! I priced a Limited back in November and the price difference was $3k, definitely a wide margins now.

b5ebb1e7cf53971a68295b35ec94c9cd.jpg

md was 5k more for limited from a laramie when I priced them back in beginning of November.

Dova0131

Reaction score
There is no break in period for the trucks. Drive however fast you want, and you can tow from day 1. Stated that way in the manual.

Yeah I'll be on the highway right away. Only reason for not towing will be I'll be out to sea.

Benson

Reaction score
Talking about sticker shock... Mine was $95,400 and have most everything you have except the Max tow pkg and the wired cameras. Although I do have the connector plugs for those cameras and 5th wheel prep pkg,
I think the difference might be because he is in Ontario Canada so that is probably Canadian dollars.

JA345

Reaction score
There is no break in period for the trucks. Drive however fast you want, and you can tow from day 1. Stated that way in the manual.

I thought the manual said the motor (diesel) doesn’t need any break in. However, avoid driving at constant speeds in the first 500 miles or something to that effect.

I’m in the same boat..buying from Granger and driving home 1,150 miles.

pacnw1963

Reaction score
I thought the manual said the motor (diesel) doesn’t need any break in. However, avoid driving at constant speeds in the first 500 miles or something to that effect.

I’m in the same boat..buying from Granger and driving home 1,150 miles.

Hope this helps...here are quotes directly from the owners manual regarding the engine and other parts during break in:

The Cummins® Turbo Diesel engine does not require a break-in period due to its construction. Normal operation is allowed, providing the following recommendations are followed:
  • Warm up the engine before placing it under load.
  • Do not operate the engine at idle for prolonged periods.
  • Use the appropriate transmission gear to prevent engine lugging.
  • Observe vehicle oil pressure and temperature indicators.
  • Check the coolant and oil levels frequently.
  • Vary throttle position at highway speeds when carrying or towing significant weight.
Because of the construction of the Cummins® Turbo Diesel engine, engine run-in is enhanced by loaded operating conditions which allow the engine parts to achieve final finish and fit during the first 6,000 miles (10,000 km).

CAUTION:
  • Do not tow a trailer at all during the first 500 miles (805 km) the new vehicle is driven. The engine, axle or other parts could be damaged.
  • Then, during the first 500 miles (805 km) that a trailer is towed, do not drive over 50 mph (80 km/h) and do not make starts at full throttle. This helps the engine and other parts of the vehicle wear in at the heavier loads.

Last edited:

Ramman75

Reaction score
Wonder if any of you folks can help....dealer texed and said my truck was in KZ now but no ship date. Any way we can get more up to date info? KZ date was 3/31/2022 . VIN is 3C6UR5GL4NG245687. Ordered 1/19/2022. No ETA on the spreadsheet on this forum. Any help would be appreciated .

IowaPW

Reaction score
Wonder if any of you folks can help....dealer texed and said my truck was in KZ now but no ship date. Any way we can get more up to date info? KZ date was 3/31/2022 . VIN is 3C6UR5GL4NG245687. Ordered 1/19/2022. No ETA on the spreadsheet on this forum. Any help would be appreciated .
The spreadsheet only contains ship or build dates that you provide. At this point it is a waiting game to get you on the train. Keep on your dealer and Ram Chat for estimated delivery dates.

Users who are viewing this thread